• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bruins maybe, but I doubt anyone expected the Habs of all people to bulldoze either the Pens or the Rangers. The Pens were one of top favourites to make it out of the East. No one marked the Habs to make as far as even the ECF.
A handful of select quotes from just a day or two in the second round from near the beginning of the thread (somewhere around Game 3 or 4-ish of the second round)...

A MON/PIT series would be a lot of fun. Those games always end up being crazy in the regular season.

Pens-Habs meeting in the CF would be pretty sweet.

They didn't look that good against Columbus.

They'll never match Montreal's jump.

We'd give Montreal a fight. We'd still probably lose but it wouldn't be a sweep.

I think Montreal might win the cup this year. I've never seen NBC pander to them this much. Something seems...awry.

And one of my personal favorites:
Kings and Rangers have been playing the most uninspired hockey during the second round. Just zero enjoyment in their games despite being effective teams.

By the way, going back through past rounds in the thread is super interesting at times knowing how things play out. :D

Socreges

Banned
A handful of select quotes from just a day or two in the second round from near the beginning of the thread (somewhere around Game 3 or 4-ish of the second round)...

And one of my personal favorites:

By the way, going back through past rounds in the thread is super interesting at times knowing how things play out. :D
Not ONE person there that actually EXPECTED Montreal to do well. They just wanted it. You also included Sanjuro simply whining and a joke-racist post from lamaroo! Amazing!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rangers-Pens was easily the worst round of the entire playoffs. Ranger fans have been playing the victim so hard this round, it's amusing seeing as no one actually claimed the Habs would bulldoze them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not ONE person there that actually EXPECTED Montreal to do well. They just wanted it. You also included Sanjuro simply whining and a joke-racist post from lamaroo! Amazing!

That wasn't really a terribly serious post, if you couldn't tell. :D
Was I wrong though? Those teams were quite boring in the second round. Rangers-Pens was the worst offender.
I never said you were wrong. Just ironic in hindsight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So all the quotes you searched for and posted were supposed to have nothing to do with the post you were replying to!? You're right, I missed that! ;)

I went to pages like 1 and 2 of this thread, which isn't even where the predictions for who would win were as it was already several games into the round. :D

If you really want a post that is actually relevant, here's one from the last thread:

I didn't say win the Cup, I said go to the Cup.

The way I see it is:

Boston can beat Montreal
Montreal can beat Boston

flip a coin there, but then I think

Boston can beat New York
Montreal can beat New York
Boston can beat Pittsburgh
Montreal can beat Pittsburgh

I'm not going digging through a 200 page thread for anymore than that, though. I mostly just got lucky finding that one.

And for what it's worth at the time I agreed that the Boston/Montreal winner would be the team to get out of the East. Just having a bit of fun here.

Guys, Nintendo just announced Grand Theft Mario.

jceeid.gif

Sanjuro

I'm not sure how you peg that for whining. The Canadian coverage in the states is usually quite dismissive. So, it's a pretty good observation.

Solo

I went to pages like 1 and 2 of this thread, which isn't even where the predictions for who would win were as it was already several games into the round. :D

If you really want a post that is actually relevant, here's one from the last thread:

I'm not going digging through a 200 page thread for anymore than that, though. I mostly just got lucky finding that one.

And for what it's worth at the time I agreed that the Boston/Montreal winner would be the team to get out of the East. Just having a bit of fun here.

SNAAAAAAKE, IT'S NOT OVER YET

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So all the quotes you searched for and posted were supposed to have nothing to do with the post you were replying to!? You're right, I missed that! ;)

Man, now that I've had a halfway decent night's sleep for the first time in days, that post really didn't come out making any sense at all, haha. Well, it was entertaining to me at the time, but it definitely didn't translate out in post form. The way I see it, if Henrik Lundqvist is allowed to shit the bed some nights, then so am I. :D

Speaking of which, some conflicting (read: useless) stats here:

Lundqvist next game after being pulled in the playoffs (career): 1-2, 3.00 GAA, .887 SV%
The 1 win there is Game 7 of this year's opening round against the Flyers.

Lundqvist next game after giving up 4+ goals in a playoff game (career): 5-1, 1.17 GAA, .963 SV%

The day is saved/doomed!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No J.T. Miller to be found at morning skate this morning. John Moore, Dan Carcillo, David Leneveu, and Oscar Lindberg skated after the main cadre.

As expected, Raphael Diaz will be in the lineup tonight, playing on his off-side as he usually does with Klein.

No Weise, Emelin, or Price at Habs' skate.

ShaneB

Discussion on Brady & Walker this morning about Bob Cole was pretty great, and something I meant to mention last night. Watching the game on CBC and just listening to Bob Cole call the game just brings back a lot of great memories and he brings it to life still so well. I mean I love Hughson and Cuthbert, but there's just always something getting another chance to listen to a legend call a game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Prust in for Weise is a pretty big loss for us. Wesie has been much better than Prust all playoffs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Weise does not have a head injury but has a "body injury" according to Therrien. Sounds like bullshit to try to avoid answering why a player with a concussion was allowed to reenter the game.

Emelin is a game time decision (please play!).

Top Bottom