• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Man I watched all of the first OT in last night's game. Then I went to the washroom during intermission and the next thing I hear is my brother humming the Chicago goal song. :(

Mentok

Banned
Price is on the ice again in full gear after skate.

Prust will take Weise's spot with Eller and Bourque.

giphy.gif

I don't normally like Eklund's articles, but this is pretty spot-on and highlights Therrien's flaws as a coach (and mainly why I still don't like him as a coach):

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ightVigneault-is-Owning-Therrien-Hope/1/60273

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs are 5-4-0 w/o Weise and 22-7-4 with him. He may be Bergevin's best pick up this year, which is saying a lot. Prust needs to step up big time tonight.

Giggzy

You got this Habs, no worries. Subban is going to cement his #NHL15Cover tonight with a monster performance. Gionta will also have a stellar game.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Guys, when a team loses a cornerstone player like the Habs did, you can't hold people's predictions from weeks ago against them.

With Price, this series could have played out very differently. Why rub it in people's faces that they said the Habs were gonna win? We'll never know if their predictions come true without an alternate universe.

zroid

Banned
Guys, when a team loses a cornerstone player like the Habs did, you can't hold people's predictions from weeks ago against them

Many will point to how Tokarski has been excellent to dispute this, but I don't necessarily think that's fair, even though it's true. When you lose a star player, especially a goalie, it has an impact on the confidence and effectiveness of the skaters.

I can go to game six tomorrow, but if I do I probably won't be able to buy tickets if the Kings make the finals....but if I save the money and they don't make the finals I'll have missed game six...

I don't know what to do here. Why do things have to cost money?

I watched this save again just to torture myself:

http://gfycat.com/ScornfulImperturbableConch

Beautiful. This is basically the epitome of Quick's goaltending style. "Jesus, take the wheel"

Calamari41

41 > 38
I can go to game six tomorrow, but if I do I probably won't be able to buy tickets if the Kings make the finals....but if I save the money and they don't make the finals I'll have missed game six...

Beautiful. This is basically the epitome of Quick's goaltending style. "Jesus, take the wheel"

Save it for the finals

Well saving money isn't all that bad. I just went to one game per series. How much are Finals tickets looking like?

Well saving money isn't all that bad. I just went to one game per series. How much are Finals tickets looking like?

Hovering around $500 right now and not likely to shoot much higher. It would probably be my last big expense of the summer. Game six tickets would be $130-ish I think, might dip a bit lower. I think I'm going to hold out for potential Finals tickets.

I really need to become independently wealthy. Being constantly broke is not the business.

Hovering around $500 right now and not likely to shoot much higher. It would probably be my last big expense of the summer. Game six tickets would be $130-ish I think, might dip a bit lower. I think I'm going to hold out for potential Finals tickets.

I really need to become independently wealthy. Being constantly broke is not the business.

we'll get home ice against NYR if i'm not mistaken.

Not a bad idea. If they don't make it you wouldn't have wasted your time on a loss
If they do make it. FINALS!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
90 minutes away from the biggest hockey game played in NYC since June 14, 1994.

Pretty much reduced to pacing around the office now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
1 hour. Awwwww shieeeet

I expect the Hab' best game in the series tonight. I think they believe in Tokarski now.

Predictions?

I say a 3-2 win by the Rangers possibly in OT, but it's hard to call since there's not much history on Tokarski. Still, he's been great in elimination games all things considered.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rocking the A.Gally jersey tonight, 4-0 in the playoffs while wearing it. Expecting a 3-2 Rangers win though, don't want to get my hopes up only to be crushed.

Top Bottom