• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Quick

Banned
Why did the Pens pull the goalie? It's not like they have a chance to tie it up.

I don't get the strategy behind this.

Or is an empty net just better than Fleury?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Pretty nice the rangers win tonight, but we will probably lose next game. If we don't i might get hope or something.

Why did the Pens pull the goalie? It's not like they have a chance to tie it up.

If gives them more time to get more goals. Pulling the goalie early worked to ROY's benefit and everyone is copycatting it now.

Why not pull him? I don't see why you're so confused. If you're going to lose then why are you so attached to keeping your goalie in? Might as well roll the dice, especially when you had a PP albeit super short to start it.

What about pens fans? You can watch my bloody corpse on the news.

Quick

Banned
If gives them more time to get more goals. Pulling the goalie early worked to ROY's benefit and everyone is copycatting it now.

Why not pull him? I don't see why you're so confused. If you're going to lose then why are you so attached to keeping your goalie in? Might as well roll the dice, especially when you had a PP albeit super short to start it.

It isn't even pulling the goalie early, it's pulling the goalie early with the deficit they have.

I suppose having the man advantage gives them a better shot at at least adding more pressure, but still. I don't know.

Roy isn't the first to pull goalies early in games, I've seen it happen a few times through the years, but not at a 4-1 deficit.

It isn't even pulling the goalie early, it's pulling the goalie early with the deficit they have.

I suppose having the man advantage gives them a better shot at at least adding more pressure, but still. I don't know.

Roy isn't the first to pull goalies early in games, I've seen it happen a few times through the years, but not at a 4-1 deficit.

There's just no downside. Might as well roll the dice and see if Malkin who was crazy all game gets it going. Rags were sitting back enough too that they could shift momentum a lot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty St. Louis was named one of the 3 stars of the game despite having a fairly unremarkable game on the ice. Classy by the Pitt writers.

EDIT: Condolences, RangersFan. Sucks.

RangersFan

brassard-marty.png

emotional post game interview.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Am I getting that Rangers ticket!?

I'm gonna let it stew for a bit. See if anybody else wants to claim it. So far it's just you and I think Zaraki who have expressed interest, so I want to make sure as many people get a chance to throw their hats in as possible.

Than I can have you all fight to the death.

We'll see how it sorts out tomorrow. :D

Top Bottom