• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

one more period and we'll have a game 7 or a bittersweet ending

and if emery was out there we know they'd be a goalie fight, none of this head butting BS

please note that was sarcasm

Of course.

Canucks fan, here. What am I supposed to do, NOT watch the playoffs? I picked Ducks&Blue Jackets to root for these playoffs, at this point I'm just rooting for the lesser of two evils. Which is the Hawks in this series and the Rangers in the final.

COME ON GOALIE FIGHT DO IT, THIRD PERIOD C'MOOOON

that would be epic.
How sad is it that I don't even know if "Canucks" is an affectionate nickname or the actual team name?

Hockey teams I can name off the top of my head:

Blackhawks, Kings, Wilds, Rangers, Leafs (?), and now Canucks, Ducks, and Blue Jackets! I can't wait to actually FOLLOW the sport at large next season so I can feel like I at least know what the hell is going on beyond the own little microcosm of Chicago's team.

How active is the off-season thread on GAF? I have a running list of questions I want to ask, but don't want to bog down the excitement of the playoffs with stupid novice stuff.

Also that Crawford/Quick stare down in the middle of the arena was hilariously dramatic

EDIT: @ everyone else... wow. I can't see the excitement in watching a team you have no vested interest in. Do some of you guys have multiple teams you root for?

Jesus. I'm already pissed at myself for getting so sucked into this. I've always pretty much considered sports a massive waste of time and energy, when there are so many other hobbies that seem way more fulfilling on an intellectual level. At least I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong, because this shit is so damn enthralling

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
one more period and we'll have a game 7 or a bittersweet ending

and if emery was out there we know they'd be a goalie fight, none of this head butting BS

please note that was sarcasm

get this fucking racist shit out of here

How sad is it that I don't even know if "Canucks" is an affectionate nickname or the actual team name?

Blackhawks, Kings, Wilds, Rangers, Leafs (?), and now Canucks, Ducks, and Blue Jackets! I can't wait to actually FOLLOW the sport at large next season so I can feel like I at least know what the hell is going on beyond the own little microcosm of Chicago's team.

How active is the off-season thread on GAF? I have a running list of questions I want to ask, but don't want to bog down the excitement of the playoffs with stupid novice stuff.

Also that Crawford/Quick stare down in the middle of the arena was hilariously dramatic

-cries in the corner-

WE MADE IT TO GAME SEVEN OF THE STANLEY CUP FINAL 3 YEARS AGO OKAY

-keeps crying-

also the offseason thread is active, feel free to ask anything you want there or even here.

Marvie_3

Banned

Feel free to PM me if you have a question if you're worried about bogging the thread down.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Feel free to ask any time, people are happy to answer. If the question gets lost in a shuffle of "OH FUCK SON" posts, try again between games.

I'm really liking how friendly you blokes all are. It makes me feel far more comfortable to post -- like I'm not being a bandwagon asshole by starting to get into the sport when my local team is performing well in the post season

FOOTE

EDIT: @ everyone else... wow. I can't see the excitement in watching a team you have no vested interest in. Do some of you guys have multiple teams you root for?

Jesus. I'm already pissed at myself for getting so sucked into this. I've always pretty much considered sports a massive waste of time and energy, when there are so many other hobbies that seem way more fulfilling on an intellectual level. At least I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong, because this shit is so damn enthralling

eehhh, I love hockey I'll never fall out of touch with it if I can help it.

Without your suffering we wouldn't have THIS.

oh man, :lol

Giggzy

You answered your own question mate.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Most of the shithead fans aren't posting anymore since most teams are out of the yoffs, and thus they have retreated back into their not-caring-about-hockey existence.

If your team isn't playing now and you're posting, you probably care at least a little bit about the game itself.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm really liking how friendly you blokes all are. It makes me feel far more comfortable to post -- like I'm not being a bandwagon asshole by starting to get into the sport when my local team is performing well in the post season

AND PEOPLE SAID WE WERE INSULAR, PHAH

Metal, we're all assholes when the games are on, but most of us will gladly help ya out if ya have any questions.

This. Plus, there's quite a few inside-jokes you'll have to get used to. And a bit of hazing. Just a tiny bit. We can all take what we dish out though, and we're never serious. And when there's no games on, we're all good friends. Except for Tabris.

welp I can honestly say I never thought I'd get that reaction

Not gonna lie, I laughed out loud for real

Metal, we're all assholes when the games are on, but most of us will gladly help ya out if ya have any questions.
Rawr! Adrenaline is PUMPING during game time! Understandable

Most of the shithead fans aren't posting anymore since most teams are out of the yoffs, and thus they have retreated back into their not-caring-about-hockey existence.
Dammit -- are there a lot of GENUINE asshole hockey fans on GAF that post in this community? That sounds pretty awful

Calamari41

41 > 38
Dammit -- are there a lot of GENUINE asshole hockey fans on GAF that post in this community? That sounds pretty awful

No, not really, though there are some. They are generally shunned and mocked though. Things are more somber by this point. Most people are very sad.

There are only three fanbases left with anything to be happy about. The rest of us are just trying to figure out which team we least want to lose.

Top Bottom