• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
great game despite being so low-scoring. just awesome pace to it.

best match of the tournament so far, by faaaaaarrrrr.

calder

Fantastic game. There have been some godawful 1-0 games in this tournament, but this was a fucking brilliant 1-0 thriller.

Americans, take solace in the fact that despite us bettering you in the olympics in 2014 and 2010, the last time a Canadian team won the cup was in 93.

Now let's get that gold!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Great game by both sides, especially the goalies and the Canadian defense.

One of the best games I've seen in a while.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Latvia scored on Canada, USA.

LATVIA.

Boogdud

Grats Canada. US team looked like a peewee team all game, never got to a loose puck, falling all over the place, no offensive pressure at all, no grit, no heart aside from Callahan blocking Weber like 3,000 times. Played like it was a scrimmage. With the exception of Quick, who was the only thing that kept the US in the game at all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
American players disappeared!

Quick kept them in this game, and had we not had fucking Kunitz, it could've been more.

More salty tears, please! MOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
CANADA CANADA CANADA CAREY PRICE IM GONNA BLOW YOU TONIGHT BABY!!!!

Carey fucking Price

CA-NA-DA
CA-NA-DA
CA-NA-DA

THE PRICE IS FLAWLESS, BITCHES!

PRICEEEEEEEE

Shut out by CAREY PRICE.

SHUT. THE FUCK. OUT.

AHAHAHAHA.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BASED PRICE. BASED DEFENSE.

4R9nZ.gif

Eat shit Mighty Chin

Damn, besides the USA goalie, that was embarrassing. It looked to me like a lot of individual heroics and just plain fighting to stay alive, rather than going for the win as a team. Everything Canada did looked like it was done as a team with a coordinated effort. Far too many times I thought "Where the heck is the help on the USA side? Why isn't anyone trying to get themselves in better position to create an opportunity? Why can't they seem to do anything half way competently out there to put pressure on Canada? Why does it seem like only Canada knows what they're doing or are really fighting on the boards?"

This was sad.

Congrats Canada. I haven't posted here at all but I have been lurking. Good game. Watched it during class. Another disappointing winter Olympics. :(

Madness

Solid game. Here's hoping our American brothers down south win the Bronze. 2018 will be interesting. You know the Russians will have a fire under their ass after this, and the US program has been building stars.

I know its easy to say now but did that game feel a bit too easy? I was expecting the USA to bring more than that. I felt Canada controlled the entire game. USA looked tired or something. And yet canada can still play a lot better though this ice is the worst I've ever seen and not helping things when you can't go tape to tape without the puck bouncing everywhere.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Canada's defense is unmatched, completely shut down Kessel. GG.

JABEE

Look forward to the salty #fuckcanada tweeters.
Canada will temporarily be relevant to the Greatest Nation the World has ever seen! Once every four years is good for Canada. You must be feeling spoiled with all of the international coverage Toronto's crackhead Mayor has been receiving!

:lol GG Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom