• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
they didn't have any trouble scoring all tournament

ryan would have done nothing against Canada

Wheeler is fucking useless and the play towards the end where he went streaking up the boards, wiped out and turned the puck over is a perfect example of why he had absolutely no place on the roster. You don't play in Winnipeg because you want to.

I'm glad Burke chose Wheeler though. Got to see all of his INTENSITY that Ryan apparently didn't have sprawled out on the ice then.

I'm not saying Ryan would have won the game, but we would have had a better shot with him.

RangersFan

What I take away from the Olympics. Quick deserved to be the starter. I was wrong about him and wanting Miller to start. Quickie was the right choice. Proud of my man MacTruck. McDonagh showing the world what NYR fans have been raving about. Biggest steal of a trade since maybe Naslund? Bylsma is a very overrated coach. He is terrible at adjustments. Those who bashed him about the Boston series were right.

Blader

Shit quality ice and hockey sticks aside, I thought the US defense was really good as well. Gave very very few clean shot oppourtunities away. I don't think it was too easy at all, aside from the fact that the American forwards weren't nearly as good as their Canadian counterparts.

US defense was pretty good, maybe a little too spotty compared to Canada's but still solid. But our forwards were a total disappointment.

Wazzy

Banned
Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.

cv8RQO9.png
cv8RQO9.png
cv8RQO9.png

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Defense was unbelievable. It's like Team Canada kept the US in their corner for the entire game. They were fucking in control and playing it safe the whole time.

Felt bad for Kessel since he's a Leaf, but, Country > Team any day, sorry dude.

I hope they go all out against Sweden on Sunday.

Trey

What I take away from the Olympics. Quick deserved to be the starter. I was wrong about him and wanting Miller to start. Quickie was the right choice. Proud of my man MacTruck. McDonagh showing the world what NYR fans have been raving about. Biggest steal of a trade since maybe Naslund? Bylsma is a very overrated coach. He is terrible at adjustments. Those who bashed him about the Boston series were right.

Yeah, Quick was the best player on the ice. Every goalie on the planet is getting scored on in that game deciding goal.

RC

Banned
The US couldn't get past our big burly defense.
Red and white all up in grills!
Bet you Kessel cries frosting.

Dragon

Banned
Where's your MVP now?????? Eating donuts instead of feeding on lesser teams, MVP my ass.

It was really Phil and Kane for the US in this game. They made some plays, the rest of the team looked like they were skating through sludge.

We shutout the US with Crosby not recording a point. Amazing.

I'm not seeing the connection. One has to do with preventing goals and one has to do with scoring them...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Credit to Quick, he played fantastic. I too was wrong about Miller starting over him.

I'm not seeing the connection. One has to do with preventing goals and one has to do with scoring them...
We dominated the game without Crosby recording a point is a surprise and huge plus for the team. Canada owned possession even if they only scored one goal.

Boogdud

It was really Phil and Kane for the US in this game. They made some plays, the rest of the team looked like they were skating through sludge.

Kane? I'm Patrick Kane, I just touched the puck, can you guess what I'm going to do?

a) shoot
b) shoot
c) make a bad angle shot
d) cough up the puck stick-handling
e) shoot

Dragon

Banned
2nd most golds and most overall medals. Whats the point of this comment?

Let the Canadians be dicks on the Internet, that's kinda all they got.

Kane? I'm Patrick Kane, I just touched the puck, can you guess what I'm going to do?

a) shoot
b) shoot
c) make a bad angle shot
d) cough up the puck stick-handling
e) shoot

Did you see the rest of the team? Defensemen turning the puck over in their own end sloppily all the time?

Levito

Banned
Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.

*Earlier statements retracted*

Patrick Kane had a great fucking game.

He did not generate enough offense. In those games, you need your best players; Kane coasted too much and did not show up enough.

I would have expected Bylsma to shuffle his lines a bit more to try to generate a spark, but he did not.

At this point, not even sure the USA can even win bronze. Finland can easily shut out the US team that just played Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom