• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeless

Eat shit Canada. Can't wait to send your pathetic excuse of a men's hockey team home tomorrow as well. You'll always be in America's shadow.
iCbXHGBXvTuMy.gif
iCbXHGBXvTuMy.gif

THE PRICE IS RIGHT WEOOOOOOOO

Where was Olympic MVP Kessel? Karlsson the real MVP so far

Canada played a perfect game, almost no mistakes. The defense is too good

Pollux

God that was embarrassing. The awkward line changes. The stupid decisions. We didn't have a single person in place for a rebound the entire game.

Dragon

Banned
Damn, besides the USA goalie, that was embarrassing. It looked to me like a lot of individual heroics and just plain fighting to stay alive, rather than going for the win as a team. Everything Canada did looked like it was done as a team with a coordinated effort. Far too many times I thought "Where the heck is the help on the USA side? Why isn't anyone trying to get themselves in better position to create an opportunity? Why can't they seem to do anything half way competently out there to put pressure on Canada? Why does it seem like only Canada knows what they're doing or are really fighting on the boards?"

This was sad.

Well you'd know embarrassing if you read your posts on the Gaming Side.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I know its easy to say now but did that game feel a bit too easy? I was expecting the USA to bring more than that. I felt Canada controlled the entire game. USA looked tired or something. And yet canada can still play a lot better though this ice is the worst I've ever seen and not helping things when you can't go tape to tape without the puck bouncing everywhere.

Shit quality ice and hockey sticks aside, I thought the US defense was really good as well. Gave very very few clean shot oppourtunities away. I don't think it was too easy at all, aside from the fact that the American forwards weren't nearly as good as their Canadian counterparts.

dankir

Holy shitballs that was intense, our D is unmatched NOW WHERE THE FUCK IS THE OFFENSE??

And where is Mr. Awesome they need to unban him so we set him straight.

Blader

Man I'm fucking sick of losing to Canada, but that was bad. AMAZING effort by Quick, holy hell, but our forwards blew it left and right -- especially on PPs, which were awful.

Surprised at the number of people saying it was a great game by both teams, I thought this was our worst effort of the whole tournament and Canada was far and away in control.

Oh well. Go Swedes.

Trey

great game. shut out hurts. I bow to you my Canadian Hockey overlords.

both goalies were playing out of their fucking minds.

Agreed. All glory to our polite hat.

Great fucking game. I can't even be mad at our boys, the chances were there, we swung hard. Canada played a lights out game.

This is what the Olympics are all about.

calder

Yeah, we needed Mr. Awesome unbanned for a few minutes so he could post and be banned again.

OK sorry, can't help it, I know it's played out:

09e29-the-majestic-ca8rb7c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom