• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kak.efes

This (likely) win by Finland has me worried about Sweden tomorrow. Both these countries have fairly rich hockey histories, yet they're always afterthoughts on the world stage.

Slurmer

Banned
I don't like that were losing but kane's 2nd PD is hilarious. Rask doesn't even move and kane shoots it directly into the post.

Heretic

I'd still rather build my team around Kane than Toews

ywvBBZI.gif

LOL!!!

Jayhawk

Some of the emotion evident on Kane's face likely has to do with the passing of his grandpa just before the tournament. He was good friends with his grandpa. Sucks that Kane missed 3 penalty shots this tournament.

Prax

I'd try to at least get the bronze, and complete the set with a gold in four years.

Well, the cbc commentators were saying how NA teams are so used to playing for the Stanley cup with going home after not getting the cup that maybe they aren't used to playing for 3rd place. XD

And Finland IS playing well, but the US also seems to be.. lacking awesome. (especially after thinking they'd steamroll everyone else lol)

That Canada/Latvia game not looking so painful anymore~

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The States need to clean house in terms of upper management. I don't understand this fetish for truculence that USA hockey has, which causes pylons like Orpik to make the team over players like E Johnson, J Johnson or Yandle.

European teams like Sweden and Finland seem to do pretty well despite choosing the most skilled players available.

The States need to clean house in terms of upper management. I don't understand this fetish for truculence that USA hockey has, which causes pylons like Orpik to make the team over players like E Johnson, J Johnson or Yandle.

European teams like Sweden and Finland seem to do pretty well despite choosing the most skilled players available.

Forgot those guys didn't even make it. Sucks for Americans considering that USA hockey has never been healthier than it is now.

Merguson

Banned
Burke was in charge for the 2010 team and they got silver.

Poile is in charge of the 2014 team, and it looks like no medal for them.

But sure, time to let go of Burke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom