• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Poor Seto. He was a fan favorite here but hey ask me whether I'd have him or Burns right now.

Yeah, I kinda like Gooch a fair bit but he is what he is now. He never was exactly gritty or hard working but now that he's lost a lot of his pure goal scoring his negatives outweigh his occasional effective game.

The Latvians have some really nice speed and created a few nifty tips on goal off the rush. Granted I'm predisposed to cheer against the Czechs.

Wow Jagr. Bad shift, Latvians just couldn't get the puck, collapsed way too much.

calder

lol, Jagr doesn't even celebrate.

There's a non-zero chance that between the shot and the puck entering the net Jagr forgot where he was.

I just checked his stats for the last 3 years, awful.

Oh god I was listening to local sports radio a few days ago and it just fucking kills me how so many people in this town seem to think Pavs is a "good" or even "acceptable" starting goalie. The idiots blame the defense or Claude Noel or bad luck and on and on. He's never been anything other than below average AT BEST.

Did I just hear right? This Latvian goaltender was acquired today by the Syracuse Crunch?

lol, the commentator said "NHL". Fuck these UK broadcasters are twats.

calder

Sievealec.

OHPAVS.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kate Beirness said she wants to see PK on the PP. Give Beirness what she wants Babcock. Give it to her.

ShaneB

Oh damn just realized I'm going to have to get up at 6:30am on Saturday to watch the US and Russia. Should be a great fucking game, can't wait. Pity it's not the late game on Saturday so lazy jerks in NA can sleep in a bit.

You just reminded me how glad I am that Hockeystreams has the games archived, willl wake up Sat morning and watch whenever!

And according to Cassie Campbell defencemen are still defencemen

What a world we live in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Who picked Switzerland being so decent.
Can't believe I'm going to say this, but Healy actually made some good points on how competitive they've been in recent years, and called this being a tight game that would probably go to a shootout.

Now excuse me while I go shower off this filth.

Spl1nter

Leaning towards NHL size rink being better. Extra space results in a defensive box and the larger neutral zone just kills zone entry. Also smaller size results in less time giving weaker players more of an advantage in decision making. Smaller ice requires mentally quicker players, with more turnovers and more scoring chances. Cant have d-pinch as much on big ice unless you want to be the Oilers. Would love to see some high level hockey on a finish size rink or other sort of hybrid.

Kessel also has the perfect skill set for the big ice, unstoppable speed and zone entries along with a shot that is dangerous from anywhere.

I didn't realize Duchene is replacing Sharp. That's kinda...

Kunitz over Sharp? Wat.

Yeah, I'm quite annoyed over this. Sharp played better Kunitz... hell, he probably played a bit better than Crosby. Of course they won't touch Kunitz because he plays with Crosby even though both were non existent yesterday.

Not a good idea to pull off Sharp, I think. He may not have scored but he came close and he played well and doesn't deserved to be scratched for today. I hope they don't just scratch him for the rest of tournament now.

Deadbeat

Banned
Oh god I was listening to local sports radio a few days ago and it just fucking kills me how so many people in this town seem to think Pavs is a "good" or even "acceptable" starting goalie. The idiots blame the defense or Claude Noel or bad luck and on and on. He's never been anything other than below average AT BEST.
This city still sells out games for the Blue Bombers. The shittiest CFL team out there. What the hell do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom