• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good to see that bringing Crosby's girlfriend really had him fired up and taking control of the game.

Ricker

But that's Price for you,he can be amazing and make 15 incredible saves for you and all of a sudden,out of nowhere let a cheap one in...he was looking like that a few times in the third with a few weird glove saves and gestures,like he gets all pissy about himself or something lol...

eyeless

man price's helmet is ugly af, looks like the goalie helmet version of an affliction shirt. i bet he is a connoisseur of the affliction

Red_Man

Canada only beat Norway by two?

And people said they would be fine without Stamkos.
We don't need Stamkos when he have super chemistry, and boarding forward Chris Kunitz!

chris-kunitz-hockey-headshot-photo.jpg

Hopefully he actually does something after all my shit talking about him

Canada only beat Norway by two?

And people said they would be fine without Stamkos.

It was the uncomfortable-yet-dominating performance I think every Canadian fan expected to see. Mind you, it did look like Norway had a smart game-plan and took the game to Canada when they could, rather than just parking in their own end (like most pundits expected them to do).

Silkworm

Goal was tipped in off his D-man

Oh, I should have said his suspect handling of the puck on his end lead to the only goal of the game. Not directly his fault but he didn't help clear it which ultimately lead to Norway's only goal. Anyway, I think he did just fine.

Red_Man

Oh, I should have said his handling of that one shot on goal lead to the only goal of the game. Not directly his fault but he didn't help clear it which ultimately lead to Norway's only goal. Anyway, I think he did just fine.
True, which is odd because he's one of the better puck handling goalies in the league. I think there was some miscommunication between him and the D men, he bobbled it like that twice from what I can remember.

Red_Man

Yeah I'd say Carter had his shot and blew it. If only Duchene shot righty.
I'd rather give MSL / Tavares a full game on Crosby's wing first. Tavares played left wing in Europe during the lockout, and had some of the best looks from a forward this game.

Edit: Smith is backing up Lu tomorrow, Price not dressing.

ZeroGravity

Babcock really needs to suck it up and put St. Louis with Crosby. He's the best goal scorer Canada has without Stamkos, so try actually putting him with someone who knows how to give the puck.

Paul "Goal Scorer" Stastny happened. Entertaining offers thx.

Stastny always steps up for stuff like this, but We're not taking offers because his play makes our defense look better than it actually is.

Unlike Varly to let in 2 goals on 14 shots, hope he keeps starting.

Uncle

Grabner got a hat trick. Great trade Gillis.

Rask let in 4 goals on 20 shots. I'm guessing Niemi starts the next game.

Actually Lehtonen will be starting against Norway.

Edit: but according to Westerlund that's not because of how Rask played, he just wants to play as many men in the first two games as he can. Salminen and Pihlström, who didn't play against Austria today, will be playing as well. No word on why Lehtonen and not Niemi.

So if anyone was wondering like me, USA vs Slovakia replay is on NBCSN at 5PM Eastern.

Also, how the fuck did Chara end up as a 0 in a 7-1 loss

Acid08

Banned
Actually Lehtonen will be starting against Norway.

Edit: but according to Westerlund that's not because of how Rask played, he just wants to play as many men in the first two games as he can. Salminen and Pihlström, who didn't play against Austria today, will be playing as well. No word on why Lehtonen and not Niemi.
Probably because Lehtonen has been better than Nemo has this year.

Acid08

Banned
Former Captain Patrick Marleau with an assist, yeeeeeeees. Him being on the ice with Getzlaf, Perry, and Doughboy....so weird.

RC

Banned
Former Captain Patrick Marleau with an assist, yeeeeeeees. Him being on the ice with Getzlaf, Perry, and Doughboy....so weird.

Yeah but he still has that stupid face.

And the Brown, Kesler and Kane line is weirder. It's like the odd couple plus one on the ice. Cue the music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom