• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Meszaros raising dat trade value.

408759Sanstitre1.png

RangersFan

lol @ all the Leafies chest thumping in here. It's starting to feel like the hfboards. Those who follow hockey know how good Phil is. I'm still taking Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, Tavares, Getzlaf, and maybe a few others first if I'm starting a new team. But he's certainly on the top 12 list.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol @ all the Leafies chest thumping in here. It's starting to feel like the hfboards. Those who follow hockey know how good Phil is. I'm still taking Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, Tavares, Getzlaf, and maybe a few others first if I'm starting a new team. But he's certainly on the top 12 list.

Come to the NHL thread here and you'll understand.

I've been fighting the awkward Kessel fight since he came to Toronto, even against some fellow Leafs fans and it's just great seeing him develop as he has.

Again I look forward to him winning silver against the Canadians in the gold medal game.

Curufinwe

Unless something crazy happens in the Finalnd-Canada game like Canada winning 7-0...

5 v 12 will be Russia v Norway

6 v 11 will be Switzerland v Latvia

7 v 10 will be Czech v Slovakia.

8 v 9 will be Slovenia v Austria

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well...that's that....

Canada Go Time in about 2 hours.

Seriously? You named a bunch of centremen (Stamkos plays both) who are almost always going to have more points than wingers. When you're starting a team, OF COURSE you're going to pick a centreman. Name me some top WINGERS to fill out your team and see if you can make a good case to not put him there.

Curufinwe

Johnny Weir is really raising his game.

There's a huge incentive for Finland or Canada to win in regulation. They would be the top seed and get Slovenia or Austria in the quarterfinals, and the second seed would be Sweden who would play one half of Czechoslovakia.

yyzjohn

Banned

I've been fighting the awkward Kessel fight since he came to Toronto, even against some fellow Leafs fans and it's just great seeing him develop as he has.

Again I look forward to him winning silver against the Canadians in the gold medal game.

He's a better player now than when the Leafs first got him. Went from 60 points a year to now in the point a game or better level. Sure he has better players to play with now especially with JVR, but he's bringing it on a more consistent level.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He's a better player now than when the Leafs first got him. Went from 60 points a year to now in the point a game or better level. Sure he has better players to play with now especially with JVR, but he's bringing it on a more consistent level.

He was also about 21 when he came to the team and was already a 30 goal scorer. He had lots of improve and he did.

Many of Leafs-GAF now weren't around to post then but that first year when we gave up the Seguin pick he was getting absolutely destroyed by everyone because of how bad the season went. The whole "KESSSELLLLL" thing started because I wanted to counter the negativity...then it just sorta became a thing.

I don't even remember where I found that gif.

RangersFan

Well...that's that....

Canada Go Time in about 2 hours.

Seriously? You named a bunch of centremen (Stamkos plays both) who are almost always going to have more points than wingers. When you're starting a team, OF COURSE you're going to pick a centreman. Name me some top WINGERS to fill out your team and see if you can make a good case to not put him there.

Ovechkin, Perry, Kovalchuk, and maybe Hall. Add to that if I go with a D or a Goalie, Pietrangelo, Suter, Weber, Subban, Karlsson, Doughty, Keith, Lundqvist, Rask, Quick. But Like I said Phil would definitely be somewhere in my top 12 perhaps, but throw in D and G and hey may slip further down.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ovechkin, Perry, Kovalchuk, and maybe Hall. Add to that if I go with a D or a Goalie, Pietrangelo, Suter, Weber, Subban, Karlsson, Doughty, Keith, Lundqvist, Rask, Quick. But Like I said Phil would definitely be somewhere in my top 12 perhaps, but throw in D and G and hey may slip further down.

You'd take Hall over Kessel?

ijZWAV0a5ou9T.gif

yuraya

Unless something crazy happens in the Finalnd-Canada game like Canada winning 7-0...

5 v 12 will be Russia v Norway

6 v 11 will be Switzerland v Latvia

7 v 10 will be Czech v Slovakia.

8 v 9 will be Slovenia v Austria

So assuming Russia beats Norway. It means Russia will play the loser of today's Finland vs Canada in the quarterfinals. Correct?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

He'll always be awkward, you can't fight that!

I miss the good ol' days when he disappeared in big games.

Yup he can play but I'd take up to 20 players before him. He's not a player you build a team around.

R&R

I have a feeling that Finland will get a win today, even without Barkov. Would like to see it happen if only to witness Russia and Canada meeting already in the quarters...lol.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
MSL getting scratched for Duchene is kinda crazy

That's just dumb, considering putting MSL with Crosby actually seemed to be working. What the heck is it going to take for Kunitz to get scratched? Or would that be too much for the ego of Hockey Canada to take?

Entropia

No One Remembers
MSL getting scratched for Duchene is kinda crazy

Yup. Not understanding Team Canada at all. I'll feel no pity if they don't medal.

That's just dumb, considering putting MSL with Crosby actually seemed to be working. What the heck is it going to take for Kunitz to get scratched? Or would that be too much for the ego of Hockey Canada to take?

Scratching Kunitz means they're admitting they fucked up by bringing him. He won't get scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom