• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

KESSSSSSSSSSSSEL

ecojKYo695

RangersFan

Im losing a lot of respect for Bylsma. Slovenia controlled that period besides the 2 goals. Brown is killing Kane. None the lines other than JVR-Pavelski-Kessel is working. ORPIK SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING. No reason for Faulk to be scratched this game. Parise has to be put on a different line, he has to start scoring if USA hopes to Medal.

kassatsu

Banned
Im losing a lot of respect for Bylsma. Slovenia controlled that period besides the 2 goals. Brown is killing Kane. None the lines other than JVR-Pavelski-Kessel is working. ORPIK SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING. No reason for Faulk to be scratched this game. Parise has to be put on a different line, he has to start scoring if USA hopes to Medal.
You could have told me it was the Pens out there after the 2 goals and I would have believed you.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Scratching Kunitz would be admitting they fucked up. I can see Babcock willing to lose a chance at gold than do that.

EDIT: Apparently they're splitting Crosby and Kunitz. That makes even LESS SENSE.
Crazed is right. Babcock has gone off the deep end. Kunitz is our Cleary...

C Jones

You could have told me it was the Pens out there after the 2 goals and I would have believed you.
I was listening to the game on the radio after missing the 1st. They were saying USA was looking for the perfect play instead of putting the puck on net. I'm thinking "wow that sounds familiar..."

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Our defense today is on standard level (read: defensemen looking their opponents) but nobody expected nothing from this game - the most important game is coming on Tuesday when we face Austria with some past scores to settle.

RangersFan

He's already second in scoring... -_-

Seems to me your quotes should be pointing more to a better 1st line centremen.

2nd in scoring and yet still criminally underrated for years now. a lot of it has to do with how he carries himself and his fitness level. he's an exceptional finisher and scorer. i'm just saying imagine if he had a high fitness level maybe so many people wouldn't be so hesitant to put him towards the tops of the lists of best players in the game.

don't know what you are saying in the 2nd part of your post.

yyzjohn

Banned
2nd in scoring and yet still criminally underrated for years now. a lot of it has to do with how he carries himself and his fitness level. he's an exceptional finisher and scorer. i'm just saying imagine if he had a high fitness level maybe so many people wouldn't be so hesitant to put him towards the tops of the lists of best players in the game.

I hope Kessel gets in shape then, Leafs will have the best player in the league getting 130 points a season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

People in the know who bother checking stats for the past 3 seasons should know to put him on 'best' lists
Bozak isn't an ideal 1st line centreman, and Kessel is doing all this playing under a Carlyle system.

RangersFan

People in the know who bother checking stats for the past 3 seasons should know to put him on 'best' lists
Bozak isn't an ideal 1st line centreman, and Kessel is doing all this playing under a Carlyle system.

ah, yeah I like Bozak, but yeah he's no "#1" center, but he has some good chemistry with kessel certainly more so than kadri.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Give this article a read

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...stick-and-deceptive-strength/article16677523/

John Dunbar

correct about everything
is my math correct that if russia-slovakia goes to overtime, then the loser of finland-canada will be the best second place team unless they get absolutely destroyed (finland has +9, canada +8 in goals)?

Futureman

is my math correct that if russia-slovakia goes to overtime, then the loser of finland-canada will be the best second place team unless they get absolutely destroyed (finland has +9, canada +8 in goals)?

Is it possible Russia is eliminated here or are they definitely in the next round?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Is it possible Russia is eliminated here or are they definitely in the next round?

everybody advances. top four make it straight to quarter-finals, the other 8 play for their places.

russia's odds of making the quarters straight are getting pretty slim, though. have to win in regulation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom