• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stasis

IF you're kinda cake bossed you'll probably pass out before the game starts or by the end of the first period. Speaking from experience.

So this is from a while back, but you called it.

I fell asleep mid debate process (and mid-post, even) with my iPad on my chest. Woke up at 11:30am and watched it on HockeyStreams since they don't list the scores when you go to on-demand. Then about mid-way through the 3rd period my gf walks in and says "it ends in a shootout". Fuck. At least she didn't tell me the score!

It was still so worth it. Fun f'n game.

And then I slept like all day burning through a semi hangover, so now I'm wide awake again at 4am and not cake-bossed. Perhaps I will actually watch this one live!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If they actually split Crosby and Kunitz......man what a fuck up. How can you keep him in the lineup if you're going to separate him from the only reason he's in the tournament?

Stasis

26 goals vs 10. Makes sense, less chance for him to get injured anyways.

Only thing I can think of is they're looking for more creativity to get other goal-scorers going? I didn't even really think Step would make the team, but if you wanna get guys like Parise, Kessel, Kane etc. scoring more you have to take out a scorer to make room for a playmaker I guess. He's got great IQ and can set-up some real nice plays. May as well try that out against Slovenia and see how it works.

Wonder if they'll slot him with Cally.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If they actually split Crosby and Kunitz......man what a fuck up. How can you keep him in the lineup if you're going to separate him from the only reason he's in the tournament?

everyone on the team going "don't give me Kunitz don't gve me Kunitz",you get to go to the Olympics with all these amazing potential linemates and... you get Kunitz. :lol

Tavares stuck playing with Kunitz and Nash. What's he got to do to get some respect?

REAL CANADIAN HERO RICK NASH gonna play 5mins.

Red_Man

Stop posting this stuff Zero, if I face palm anymore I'm going to give myself a concussion.

everyone on the team going "don't give me Kunitz don't gve me Kunitz",you get to go to the Olympics with all these amazing potential linemates and... you get Kunitz. :lol
Worst ever game of drawing straws.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There goes the plexiglass - two panels in pieces after huge check on Austria-Norway game :D

Our shitty national TV demanded to blacken out Austrian national TV... cunts.

Uncle

Apparently Immonen was the first line center for the finns at practice, so OJ would be the only NHL center (playing the position) in the team.

There goes the plexiglass - two panels in pieces after huge check on Austria-Norway game :D

Our shitty national TV demanded to blacken out Austrian national TV... cunts.

yeah that was impressive... The glass behing the panels broke. That was one big shoulder push

Smiley90

You guys all don't understand. Kunitz is 34. Tavares needs that kind of veteran presence. Just like the Red Wings NEED vetaran presence.

Fucking Kunitz. At least Duchene isn't being scratched...but seriously fuck Kunitz. MSL has been way way better than him.

When did Babcock become so incompetent? And even worse, sticking him in with Tavares....

Smiley90

Price starting against Finland, wow.

That's... surprising. I for sure thought it would be Luongo's, coming in as the Gold medalist AND after the shutout. Wow.

ZeroGravity

That's... surprising. I for sure thought it would be Luongo's, coming in as the Gold medalist AND after the shutout. Wow.
There's really nothing Luongo could have done to win the job. Price could have only lost it. They clearly want him to be the guy.

Red_Man

Kunitz is the 13th forward now. Even more dumb that they scratch MSL over him. Hopefully this doesn't continue past this game.

Not sure why you think a shutout against the 15th overall rated team is a huge achievement. Price has been a better goalie this year, plus Lu has the experience of coming in off the bench if need be.

Smiley90

Kunitz is the 13th forward now. Even more dumb that they scratch MSL over him. Hopefully this doesn't continue past this game.

Not sure why you think a shutout against the 15th overall rated team is a huge achievement. Price has been a better goalie this year, plus Lu has the experience of coming in off the bench if need be.

eh, Austria is beating Norway atm. Wouldn't read too much into the rankings. But for sure, neither goalie played bad. I'm just saying, I thought it'd be Luongo's to lose. Guess I was wrong.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to try to stay up all the way through Toonami in order to make it to USA vs. Slovenia, but it's just not going to happen. DVR it is.

Red_Man

eh, Austria is beating Norway atm. Wouldn't read too much into the rankings. But for sure, neither goalie played bad. I'm just saying, I thought it'd be Luongo's to lose. Guess I was wrong.
I've said it before, Canada could win with either. Goal tending is the last of Canada's issues right now, they need to figure out their offense up front, and deal with this Kunitz bullshit.

RC

Banned
Kinda questioning Price starting againest Finland. Hopefully he kills it.
At least Kunitz has been demoted to the fourth.

Big-E

Fucking Crosby getting losers put on this team and now he doesnt even have to play with him. Most spoilt player in the history of hockey.

Red_Man

Martin St. Louis will become the first reigning Art Ross Trophy winner to be scratched from a game at the Olympics in the professional era.

Dat coaching. Curious as to when the last time a Norris winner was also scratched from his Olympic team.

Red_Man

Love how Benn has gone from a bubble player to make the team to the first line with the best player in the world. I get that line changes are to be expected, but the entire player management for this team has seemed chaotic from the beginning.

Big-E

Crosby always gets me so agitated. They put Carter on the line, he does nothing so they practically bench him yet he puts up 3 goals and ends up with a +5. Kunitz is brought in to help Crosby and that doesn't work so now he's practically benched. The answer is to bench Crosby. The guy has been a no show for a whole tournament and 2 games now. Maybe benching him will allow him to perform like "the best player in the world" should.

TUSR

Banned
Love how Benn has gone from a bubble player to make the team to the first line with the best player in the world. I get that line changes are to be expected, but the entire player management for this team has seemed chaotic from the beginning.

Ive had a Benn boner since he was on the Rockets.

Red_Man

Crosby always gets me so agitated. They put Carter on the line, he does nothing so they practically bench him yet he puts up 3 goals and ends up with a +5. Kunitz is brought in to help Crosby and that doesn't work so now he's practically benched. The answer is to bench Crosby. The guy has been a no show for a whole tournament and 2 games now. Maybe benching him will allow him to perform like "the best player in the world" should.
Bit of an over reaction and there's no possible way in any universe Crosby would ever get scratched :lol

That being said, this bullshit of having to find him line mates is ridiculous. Same thing happened in Vancouver, the best players make everyone around them better. He's the best player in the world, it's time for him to start playing like it.

Big-E

Bit of an over reaction and there's no possible way in any universe Crosby would ever get scratched :lol

That being said, this bullshit of having to find him line mates is ridiculous. Same thing happened in Vancouver, the best players make everyone around them better. He's the best player in the world, it's time for him to start playing like it.

Which is why he is the most spoiled, no one else gets the amount of coddling he does which is why I think he ain't the best player in the world, not by a long shot.

RC

Banned
If Crosby is supposedly the "best player in the world" it shouldn't matter who he plays with. Also scratching MSL is a mistake.

Red_Man

Not sure why I'm still up, but I feel like the Russia - Slovakia game will be more entertaining then the US game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
DvEAXai.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom