• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
you can play in the AHL and not be contracted to the NHL

still a pro league

Yeah, but usually even if you don't have a contract, your right belong to somebody. It's more common for older players to not have contracts though. The dude is 21 so I just assumed he was drafted.

Blader

Hell of an effort from Latvia, too bad they couldn't hold on.

Much as I would have preferred USA/Canada or USA/Russia in the finals, I like the idea of the semifinals being rematches of the last two gold medal games. I'm gonna say USA/Swedes in the end.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's a difference between how Latvia and the US play, Latvia traps holding on for deer life while their goalie puts on an all time great performance. US actually plays with speed and opens up, it will be a much different game for Canada then they've played so far. Price won't have to sit for 10 minutes between shots either.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm not one to throw out baseless predictions of a goalie I've never seen play.

Nobody in the world gave Latvia a stone's throw in hell of even making this a game, don't give me that. The predictions of a huge Canadian win weren't exactly baseless. You're really stretching here. This would be like predicting some minor soccer nation beats Brazil at the world cup. This same goalie gave up 5 goals in a game earlier in the tournament too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nobody in the world gave Latvia a stone's throw in hell of even making this a game, don't give me that. The predictions of a huge Canadian win weren't exactly baseless. You're really stretching here. This would be like predicting some minor soccer nation beats Brazil at the world cup.
Yeah, at the start of the game, Glenn Healy was basically calling it for Canada and saying that the real test is the United States.

All the "experts" thought this was a warm up.

Nobody in the world gave Latvia a stone's throw in hell of even making this a game, don't give me that. The predictions of a huge Canadian win weren't exactly baseless. You're really stretching here. This would be like predicting some minor soccer nation beats Brazil at the world cup.

Canada should have won this game. There's a difference between saying that and saying "lolatvia".

Dr.Acula

Banned
Nobody in the world gave Latvia a stone's throw in hell of even making this a game, don't give me that. The predictions of a huge Canadian win weren't exactly baseless. You're really stretching here. This would be like predicting some minor soccer nation beats Brazil at the world cup. This same goalie gave up 5 goals in a game earlier in the tournament too.

I know Switzerland gives Canada fits, and Latvia beat them. Again, Canada gets really stymied by the kind of D these teams play in intl tourneys.

Silexx

I think people need to remember that Canada has been playing teams that have essentially been playing a trap system to great effect. US will be gunning it so it should be a much more open game for Canada.

Syf

Banned
I think people need to remember that Canada has been playing teams that have essentially been playing a trap system to great effect. US will be gunning it so it should be a much more open game for Canada.
Trying to play that style of game against Canada's forwards is asking for trouble. Do it, USA. Give it your best shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom