• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Sorry, was that not you bandwagining the Pens in the thread last year posting stupid ass gifs?

Sure if you want to consider me a bandwagoner for following the pens for 10 years now. And if you want to consider my gifs "stupid". Yeah I'm the person. But what does me cheering for Canada have to do with "bandwagoning" the Pens. It's funny that I have to take the time to justify to you that the tired notion of calling me a bandwagoner is getting old. Find something new.

Yawnier

Banned
Canada - US game should be interesting. The US's defensive style is different from that of European teams like Finland, Switzerland, and Latvia is it not?

CrankyJay

Banned
is that USA/CA 12 noon ET thing set in stone?

trying to get the office to throw it up on our hi-def projector and order pizza/wings

I said the same thing. I just shook my head

Reminded me of 2010. Nashville vs. Chicago, Game 5, series tied 2-2, Preds up by 1, Hossa serving a 5-minute major late in the game. Preds take a shot on the power play, Kane comes back the other way and ties the game. Hossa wins it in OT after his penalty expires. Hawks win the Cup.

Milly79

Reminded me of 2010. Nashville vs. Chicago, Game 5, series tied 2-2, Preds up by 1, Hossa serving a 5-minute major late in the game. Preds take a shot on the power play, Kane comes back the other way and ties the game. Hossa wins it in OT after his penalty expires. Hawks win the Cup.

:(

Dr.Acula

Banned
Canada - US game should be interesting. The US's defensive style is different from that of European teams like Finland, Switzerland, and Latvia is it not?

It's not gonna be 2-1 that's for sure.

Other teams have to try and trap and play for the tie, but the US is strong enough top to bottom that they don't have to do that, so it's still a tough road for Canada.

Canada should win both (W and M) games against the USA. On the W's side, USA tends to lose their shit against us.

On the M's side, Canada is the far more talented and stronger/physical team. USA will open up on D compared to Finland and Latvia which shall give more scoring chances to Canada.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Canada should win both (W and M) games against the USA. On the W's side, USA tends to lose their shit against us.

On the M's side, Canada is the far more talented and stronger/physical team. USA will open up on D compared to Finland and Latvia which shall give more scoring chances to Canada.
The US women's team has beat Canada consistently up until the round robin game. There's no reason to think that it's a lock.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Canada doesnt have the thrill, though.

Socreges

Banned
There's a difference between how Latvia and the US play, Latvia traps holding on for deer life while their goalie puts on an all time great performance. US actually plays with speed and opens up, it will be a much different game for Canada then they've played so far. Price won't have to sit for 10 minutes between shots either.
Not to mention that the Czechs are a much more offensively-oriented team (than Latvia) and had to take chances the moment they were down.

Also "holding on for deer life" lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not to mention that the Czechs are a much more offensively-oriented team (than Latvia) and had to take chances the moment they were down.

Also "holding on for deer life" lol
On my phone, in the US now watching with Americans. Should make Friday that much better or worse.

yyzjohn

Banned
USA to get stretched on Friday and then Canada will laugh that they had a tougher test against lowly Latvia!!!!

(How's that for arrogance?) :p

ZeroGravity

Sucks for Tavares, but as Red pointed out, he was being wasted on the fourth line anyway. At least this means St. Louis will stay in the line-up.

Tavares is out for the tournament. :\

Tavares out for rest of Olympics.

michael-scott-no.gif

Canada doesnt have the thrill, though.

They have the goaltending and defense to stop him, though. Phil is good, but has padded his stats against scrubs.

Canada will win it 4-2 and be in control from start to finish. I haven't seen anything from Team USA that tells me that they are good enough to win against us. Just talent wise, we have 4 first lines, whilst they have 1 1/2. Defensively, we have 3 1st pairs, they have 1 1st pair.

Goalie-wise, it's a match, but if Price can keep it together for 3 periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom