• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.

Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.

Many tears will be collected from you.

Acid08

Banned
They have the goaltending and defense to stop him, though. Phil is good, but has padded his stats against scrubs.

Canada will win it 4-2 and be in control from start to finish. I haven't seen anything from Team USA that tells me that they are good enough to win against us. Just talent wise, we have 4 first lines, whilst they have 1 1/2. Defensively, we have 3 1st pairs, they have 1 1st pair.

Goalie-wise, it's a match, but if Price can keep it together for 3 periods.

oof, dat arrogance. A worse US team took you children to OT in the gold medal game in 2010. I sure hope your players have the same attitude you do, will make it much sweeter when they light your asses up. And talent alone doesn't win games.

Samyy

They have the goaltending and defense to stop him, though. Phil is good, but has padded his stats against scrubs.

Canada will win it 4-2 and be in control from start to finish. I haven't seen anything from Team USA that tells me that they are good enough to win against us. Just talent wise, we have 4 first lines, whilst they have 1 1/2. Defensively, we have 3 1st pairs, they have 1 1st pair.

You are really underrating the US

Socreges

Banned
Sucks for Tavares, but as Red pointed out, he was being wasted on the fourth line anyway. At least this means St. Louis will stay in the line-up.
St. Louis hasn't been great. He and Kunitz seem so redundant on a line together, as well. I know what they're thinking by pairing both with Crosby, but it hasn't amounted to much.

Speed is going to be so important against the U.S., though. Both defensively and offensively. Gonna be a much more free-flowing game with some actual odd-man rushes.

Calling it: an extremely important goal will be on a fluke deflection.

oof, dat arrogance. A worse US team took you children to OT in the gold medal game in 2010. I sure hope your players have the same attitude you do, will make it much sweeter when they light your asses up. And talent alone doesn't win games.
My man.

Can't wait for my boy Patrick Kane to show that coward Toews who the real talent was behind the 2 Stanley Cups.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Kessel and JVR have 55 combined points in the last 19 games.

ZeroGravity

St. Louis hasn't been great. He and Kunitz seem so redundant on a line together, as well. I know what they're thinking by pairing both with Crosby, but it hasn't amounted to much.
He has the same problem a lot of other struggling Canadian forwards have: little ice time and constant line shuffling. He's still a guy who should be out there though.

Socreges

Banned
Watch more hockey.
Pretty solid troll on his part. He's even roping in Canadians. Meanwhile "Mr.Awesome" goes full retard and no one replies.

He has the same problem a lot of other struggling Canadian forwards have: little ice time and constant line shuffling. He's still a guy who should be out there though.
Since Tavares is injured, yes he deserves to be out there. We don't have 15 forwards. ;)

LOL. We will see...

You are really underrating the US

No, I am not. The best skill players from the USA are on par with our 2nd liners at best (especially down center; more arguable on the right wing). Players like Oshie, Callahan, Brown, Backes wouldn't even crack our 2nd or 3rd national team.

Acid08

Banned
Hmm:

Stay consistent!

The U.S. will be banking on this.

Relax Scoreges, things change. I was all set to be humble until you yokels decided to start talking shit.

US has all the talent they need to win against Canada. If they play their best and channel that American Patriotism we'll win hands down.

Canada's worst enemy so far has been Mike Bab****. He needs to figure his shit out

Relax Scoreges, things change. I was all set to be humble until you yokels decided to start talking shit.

US has all the talent they need to win against Canada. If they play their best and channel that American Patriotism we'll win hands down.

lol

US was the best team in the tourny last time too until the GMG

Kessel and JVR have 55 combined points in the last 19 games.

We are not in the NHL. Also, this is an elimination round; it's more about who shows up with the goods than about past trends. Canada, being the more talented team, is more likely to win.

Curious to see the Vegas lines on this game.

Milly79

LOL. We will see...

No, I am not. The best skill players from the USA are on par with our 2nd liners at best (especially down center; more arguable on the right wing). Players like Oshie, Callahan, Brown, Backes wouldn't even crack our 2nd or 3rd national team.

They would over Kunitz. :)

We are not in the NHL. Also, this is an elimination round; it's more about who shows up with the goods than about past trends. Canada, being the more talented team, is more likely to win.

And what was Canada's story for today's game?

And what was Canada's story for today's game?

Simple. Goalie showed up. Canada played like they had a man advantage all game. They got screwed by the refs early on, didn't get a penalty shot, but managed to score when needed.

Yes, it wasn't glamorous, but in the end they won in commanding fashion, even though it doesn't show on the scoreboard (but it shows on the stats list).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. We will see...

You have Chris fucking Kunitz on your 1st national team.

Socreges

Banned
Price proved how untrustworthy he is today. Not even a top 5 goalie in this tournament.
He bit SO HARD on that breakaway. And that horrible giveaway (again!)..... otherwise he was solid. Still worrying, though. He hasn't demonstrated much composure yet and he's now heading into the Semis vs the US.

DopeyFish

What are you basing your opinion on? Past trends? :p

Syf

Banned
He bit SO HARD on that breakaway. And that horrible giveaway..... otherwise he was solid. Still worrying, though. He hasn't demonstrated much composure yet and he's now heading into the Semis vs the US.
I don't have faith in him. I think Luongo should be the starter without a doubt. More experience, proven success. But I guess we'll see how Price does now that Babcock has stubbornly gone with him.

Lol what? The USA were able to afford to leave Bobby Ryan off the team because they didn't just build a team on pure talent alone. Believe it or not but all of USA's lines have been clicking with each other all tournament while Canada has yet to find some sort of groove.

You have Chris fucking Kunitz on your 1st national team.

Who, on paper, currently outscores all but Kessel and Kane in the NHL? You were saying.

He was picked mostly due to his chemistry with Crosby - agree it's a weak pick (much preferred Giroux), but he would crack the USA team without any doubt.

DopeyFish

Who, on paper, currently outscores all but Kessel and Kane in the NHL? You were saying.

He was picked mostly due to his chemistry with Crosby - agree it's a weak pick (much preferred Giroux), but he would crack the USA team without any doubt.

Ok, now we know you are off your rocker.

Kunitz is a passenger on the crosby line on the Penguins, just like he is with team canada.

When crosby goes cold, so does kunitz.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price proved how untrustworthy he is today. Not even a top 5 goalie in this tournament.
Not sure if serious. Guy has faced 35 shots in 6 periods, and allowed 3 goals all tournament, two deflection and one breakaway. Has he been shaky at times? Yea, but that will happen when you don't see a shot for 10 minutes. Love it when people make baseless analysis on boxscores.

What are you basing your opinion on? Past trends? :p

Past trends refers really to "recent trends". A player can get hot now; doesn't mean he's better than one who isn't. Crosby is still the best player in the world despite being so-so in the tournament thus far.

On paper, Canada has a team of all-stars, like the USA basketball teams of the 90s. If you fail to see that, maybe you should watch more hockey.

Milly79

Not sure if serious. Guy has faced 35 shots in 6 periods, and allowed 3 goals all tournament, two deflection and one breakaway. Has he been shaky at times? Yea, but that will happen when you don't see a shot for 10 minutes. Love it when people make baseless analysis on boxscores.

Hey, calm down Habs defense force. <3

Syf

Banned
Luongo has allowed 0 goals, been to the cup finals, and won a gold medal. There is no clear reason to go with Price.

Samyy

Past trends refers really to "recent trends". A player can get hot now; doesn't mean he's better than one who isn't. Crosby is still the best player in the world despite being so-so in the tournament thus far.

On paper, Canada has a team of all-stars, like the USA basketball teams of the 90s. If you fail to see that, maybe you should watch more hockey.

And unlike basketball, having a team of all-stars doesn't mean as much.

Lol what? The USA were able to afford to leave Bobby Ryan off the team because they didn't just build a team on pure talent alone. Believe it or not but all of USA's lines have been clicking with each other all tournament while Canada has yet to find some sort of groove.

Canada are a bunch of superstars who don't play together. They will get their chemistry by the SF or gold medal game. Already today, they totally destroyed Latvia on all fronts but the scoresheet.

USA just hasn't faced a potent defense this tournament. I would wait before crowning them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom