• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like we're about to see the first court rushing for a winning team ranked higher than the losers in history.

This is literally the most important game Louisville will play this year.

Nah, UNC has done that against us a few times in recent memory.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ingram and shitty calls down the stretch ended up costing Duke the game. Still that was a big set of games to go 3-1 on. Can't complain. Ingram has been a monster for most of the season, he's allowed to have a shit game once an a while.

TraBuch

Banned
Think we would've won if Thornton didn't have to leave the game. After that happened, the team could barely bring it up the court while Thornton really had no trouble doing that.

Think we would've won if Thornton didn't have to leave the game. After that happened, the team could barely bring it up the court while Thornton really had no trouble doing that.

Yep.

As much as I rag on Ingram for how he played, Thornton showed me a lot today. He's come a long way from when he looked lost against Kentucky in November.

In a game still in progress, Boston College scored 10 points in the last 3 minutes of the first half.

In the first 17 minutes of said half, they scored 4.

The Wake Forest Mighty Mannings clearly have to be disappointed with their late defensive letdown.

Duke pulled the "lose and move up in the rankings" maneuver, which is normally reserved for SEC football. 15 AP / 18 SID. They're also hopeful that Matt Jones and Derryck who in the blue hades is Andre Thornton will be able to play Thursday against Florida State.

----------------------

This just in: Nolan Smith is joining the Blue Devils' coaching staff as a special assistant.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210736094&DB_OEM_ID=4200

LSU just got steamrolled by Arkansas. LSU doesn't deserve to be in the tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised if the committee saves them a spot because of Ben Simmons.

Nothing you can do when Sparty is hitting everything from outside. Hope we can win the next 2 vs iowa and sparty, but i dont see it happening. NIT here we come!

Boys looked good tonight, little soft in the lane but when you're dropping bombs like that it doesn't matter.

Keep taking care of business and get that double bye in the B1G tourney.

inm8num2

Sucks they lost 3 games by 1 point - very close to being 13-2 in BT play. I'd really like to see a rematch with Iowa in the BTT - they whupped that MSU ass twice, and it would be a good metric for seeing how the team has improved.

Meanwhile Wisconsin is about to beat another top 10 B1G team. I just wish this play was here from the start but I guess the freshmans and last year's bench warmers to develop.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jeter play plays well, draws charge. Coach K: BENCH HIM!

Figuring we hold on tonight, beat Wake and escape Pitt, then it won't matter if/when UNC rolls us in the last game.

DominoKid

why young Cruz trying so hard to be a little shit lmao. he gonna fuck around and catch a fade real quick in the NBA doing that shit.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Allen is an asshole, but like Laettner, he's our asshole. He's going to get more elbows to the jaw if he keeps that up, but he'll probably find a sneaky JJ Dillon type way to retaliate.

You know, Justise was tripping and kicking dudes all last season and nobody gave a shit. Wonder why.....

Allen is an asshole, but like Laettner, he's our asshole. He's going to get more elbows to the jaw if he keeps that up, but he'll probably find a sneaky JJ Dillon type way to retaliate.

You know, Justise was tripping and kicking dudes all last season and nobody gave a shit. Wonder why.....

What are you trying to say truly?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What are you trying to say truly?

I was really wondering why. Not sayin', just sayin'

honestly while I do think Grayson's race has something to do with it, its more building up the total package of "the next hate-able Duke player"(tm) and boy, don't you just hate this guy, I mean really hate this guy. Sure he can ball, but he's such a shit. Simmons ain't making the dance unless the NCAA secret cabal employs shenanigans and we run that show. Allen as CBB's top villain is probably the next best bet

But can you put Christian and Allen in the same category? At least Christian was beasting while being the bad guy but I've haven't heard much from Greyson.

But can you put Christian and Allen in the same category? At least Christian was beasting while being the bad guy but I've haven't heard much from Greyson.

All you're hearing about this season is BEN SIMMONS GREEN ROOM GUY, though.

But Allen is going for 20.9 as a sophomore with 4.6 boards and 3.6 assists per game. He's tearing it up, in other words.

Incidientally, Laettner, who I say is the greatest Blue Devil of all* time, averaged 16.3 points and 9.6 boards as a sophomore. That was a different time, though. There were 3 seniors on that time all averaging double figures, with Phil Henderson leading the way at 18.1 and Alaa Abdelnaby trailing not too far behind at 14.9.

*my

DominoKid

JJ was just naturally unlikeable. Even before you get to his demeanor his game just felt like an asshole's game (shooting 3s on the break wasnt cool yet).

Grayson I think people really wanted to like him (i know i did) especially because of how he had to sit and wait for his chance. Then he blew up instantly and was going to the rack with reckless abandon. All really likeable shit. So people are very disappointed to see all these shithead antics fron him. This is like 3 or 4 little run-ins hes been involved in in the last month or so and I dont see how you can call the 2 trips anything but intentional.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
JJ was just naturally unlikeable. Even before you get to his demeanor his game just felt like an asshole's game (shooting 3s on the break wasnt cool yet).

Grayson I think people really wanted to like him (i know i did) especially because of how he had to sit and wait for his chance. Then he blew up instantly and was going to the rack with reckless abandon. All really likeable shit. So people are very disappointed to see all these shithead antics fron him. This is like 3 or 4 little run-ins hes been involved in in the last month or so and I dont see how you can call the 2 trips anything but intentional.

4 run ins? Not sure.

There was the 1st trip, clearly intentional but I believe that was a vain attempt to prevent a run out layup after driving for contact and getting stripped of the ball. Its a cheap tactic, but not malicious. He didn't get away with it.

The 2nd issue was the elbow in the face from Johnson with Louisville (the one sf2fanatic thinks Grayson "flopped" on despite getting hit square on the nose") Johnson admits to throwing the elbow on purpose because he "thought" Allen hit him when they were fighing for a loose ball. He also threw 2 punches at Allen and should have been ejected.

Last night XRM intentionally shoulders Allen at the end of the game to be an asshole himself, and Allen retaliated.

Allen may be a little shit, but he's going to get mugged and hacked and pushed at every opportunity anyway. So he can either take it and become the new Greg Paulus, or he can fight back by hook or crook. I'd rather he do the latter and whatever happens happens.

Domino, if you wanted to like Allen, you were pretty much the only non Duke fan who did. Everyone else was posting how he was going to be the next hated Duke player anyway. What Allen is doing now is just fulfilling scriptures and prophecies.

The ACC issued a letter of reprimand to Grayson Cruz but won't punish him further.

In other words, we teflon over here. Much love to Swofford

But Allen's leaving this year. He won't really have the time to build up his villain rep. Yall gon really hate Kennard.

Top Bottom