• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Nialrot

Surprised Duke isn't going back to Plumlee (even though it was pretty much all offensive rebounds).

He seems to have significant physical advantage down low and can kick out if need be.

DominoKid

kentucky personnel is just better. even with a season of development behind them i'd still expect kentucky to win this matchup in a similar fashion in the postseason.

ulis, murray and briscoe dont even have chemistry yet either really.

kentucky personnel is just better. even with a season of development behind them i'd still expect kentucky to win this matchup in a similar fashion in the postseason.

Oh no doubt. Uk's my pick to win the chip this year. There's no great shame in losing to them.

But this Duke team will just be OK (by Duke standards). Second in the conference, ACC final, Sweet 16 at best.

It's a (gulp) rebuilding year.

Pollux

Oh no doubt. Uk's my pick to win the chip this year. There's no great shame in losing to them.

But this Duke team will just be OK (by Duke standards). Second in the conference, ACC final, Sweet 16 at best.

It's a (gulp) rebuilding year.
Nah. Hall have the talent for E8. From there anything can happen

K only recruiting Tyus Jones and no other point guards for four years and then having to scramble to rush Derryck Thornton out of high school for this year killed them.

DominoKid

damn Shady was on point hyping Ulis so hard.

man this Check Diallo shit sound so scummy if Bilas telling the truth. the ncaa need to chill the fuck out.

iamblades

GO BIG BLUE!

If our frontcourt grows some balls by march, I like our chances this year.
rage.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I cannot deal with all of this negativity. Overall not a great game by Duke, but I like how the upper classmen played and the younger players will get better. Grayson hit one hell of a wall, so he has all season to adapt his offense to more athletic teams that pay attention to him.

But to hear our fanbase tell it, Duke isn't even a top 25 team.

Coupled with the football team woes, I just don't need this shit in my life anymore.

GG UK gaf.

I cannot deal with all of this negativity. Overall not a great game by Duke, but I like how the upper classmen played and the younger players will get better. Grayson hit one hell of a wall, so he has all season to adapt his offense to more athletic teams that pay attention to him.

But to hear our fanbase tell it, Duke isn't even a top 25 team.

Coupled with the football team woes, I just don't need this shit in my life anymore.

GG UK gaf.

They're a top 25 team sure. Even top 15 maybe.

But the standard is chips in Durham and I don't see this group of guys ever getting to that level by March.

They ran up against a Kentucky team that's just as young as they are and were a Marshall Plumlee freak half away from getting Kansas'd.

Fjordson

Nice win! Our big men need to get a lot better (though Marcus Lee did some good things) but I really like our trio of starting guards. Ulis had a great second half.

scoobs

yayyyyyy we are exactly the same team as last year. yay. Go KU. But we suck. I hate this team. But I love them. But I hate them.

Fjordson

UK got Malik Monk?? Wtf, kept hearing he was going to wait until Spring.

Holy shit. Could be Calipari's best class yet.

#1 recruiting class for sure.

Still prefer ours though. Tatumn and Giles are generational skills.

Still would have loved to get Giles, but it'll be interesting to see if he's the same after another knee injury, and/or if knee problems are going to be a recurring thing for him.

Hate to see a potentially great career be derailed by injuries.

Fjordson

Still would have loved to get Giles, but it'll be interesting to see if he's the same after another knee injury, and/or if knee problems are going to be a recurring thing for him.

Hate to see a potentially great career be derailed by injuries.
I know you didn't mean it this way, but the post + your UK avatar made it sound so evil lmao.

"I'd hate to see anything happen to those knees..."

I can swallow a down year for Duke because of last year and next year's promise.

Being simultaneously worse than Carolina AND the Turtles is gonna suuuuuuck tho

Fjordson

I think this Duke squad will be okay by tourney time. Not as good as last year, but who is. Surely Allen and Ingram are better than what they showed yesterday.

I think this Duke squad will be okay by tourney time. Not as good as last year, but who is. Surely Allen and Ingram are better than what they showed yesterday.

Unless Derryck Thorton grows up REALLY quickly, it's not happening.

No one on this team can handle the ball well enough.

The difference in how well Tyus Jones runs an offense and how well Grayson Allen runs an offense is stark.

Fjordson

Unless Derryck Thorton grows up REALLY quickly, it's not happening.

No one on this team can handle the ball well enough.
Yeah, Thornton didn't look ready yesterday.

Did K recruit any PG's last year? I wonder if he expected Tyus to be back. I was a little surprised that he was a one and done.

^^^ that's a good point, being banished to community was a heavy blow. This thread never had the activity of the bigger sports threads.
So is this thread like 90% blue blood talk? :/
98%.

It is what it is.

I would be in here more, but my team sucks, my coach sucks, and my university just wants sports to balance the budget. Feels bad man

Fjordson

The tourney thread is fun every year. Gets to go in off-topic so that + the tourney being the tourney generates a ton of activity. More diverse set of posters too. But the season thread is a bit slow ever since we got moved to community.

Top Bottom