• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

iamblades

if it's just bulking up then Ingram's in for a long year because that's something you do in the offseason. he's really going to struggle in ACC play.

personally though i think he just isn't as good as advertised. he's got a good 3-5 years before he'll really have good control over his length. even his HS highlights didn't really pass the eye test for me because he looks so awkward and his handle is nothing to write home about right now. and while we were recruiting him i thought he should be a 2 or 3 year player anywhere he went. obviously he gonna run ASAP under the current draft climate though. any KD comparisons were really just doing him a disservice.

There is bulking up and there is just learning to utilize the strength you already have, which can go a long way. I'm convinced after AD and Noel that too much emphasis is placed on bulk for big guys, and with the college game being called the way it has the last decade or so bulk may actually be a disadvantage after a point. It's human nature for the refs that is hard to fight against, what looks like innocuous contact when it's two equal size players becomes violence when one guy outweighs the other by 50 lbs. Likewise obvious hacks become no calls because the little guy can't even move the big guy. It is pretty apparent when AD and Noel were sandwiched by Cousins and KAT and the big guys got a completely different whistle than the skinny guys. Though AD was(and is) a bit of a freak as far as avoiding fouling.

Of course there is a baseline level of strength you need to be effective that varies based on matchup, I just don't think there are many high school stars that need a year of workouts and 30 lbs of muscle to become effective college players. Mostly it's about learning to play strong, learning to embrace the physicality of the game.

DominoKid

Roy outchea on ESPN diagramming plays UNC been running for at least my whole fucking life
0X8VvzM.png

cmon fam

Lunar FC

Finally we get a win over a decent team in UNLV but we get Kansas next. Welp

Another note USCw has been scoring at will.

The fact that my boz couldn't beat USC in front of their 200 fans has me pretty disappointed. Couldn't of been more cold in the first half of that game. Comeback started too late. Terrible.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
IN YOUR FACE, CHICAGO STATE!

Also, Chicago isn't even a state!

Maybe dipshit Groce will finally start Finke next game instead of crappy transfer from EIU that wasn't even good at EIU.

I'd also be running JCL at the 1. When Nunn comes back they are going to have to find a way to get both guys on the court at the same time and JCL is a better fit for the 1 than either is for the 3. Plus that is where Hill will be playing with Finke/Black holding down the 4.

Fjordson

Didn't Simmons go there because his godfather is the assistant coach?

I watched the LSU game against Marquette. He's fun to watch, but his jumper looks almost broken. It's really bad.

Edit: just airballed jumper. Holy smokes.

DominoKid

a broke ass jumper didn't stop lebron from becoming one of the best players in the league. Simmons just gotta get that shit functional.

NCAA-GAF (is that what we call this thread) don't have love for the young gawd Ben Simmons?

naw we dont give a fuck when people go play for irrelevant programs. see: Malik Newman

Maybe dipshit Groce will finally start Finke next game instead of crappy transfer from EIU that wasn't even good at EIU.

I'd also be running JCL at the 1. When Nunn comes back they are going to have to find a way to get both guys on the court at the same time and JCL is a better fit for the 1 than either is for the 3. Plus that is where Hill will be playing with Finke/Black holding down the 4.
Agreed. Don't have a D1-quality PG on the roster, we can afford to give JCL the time to learn since we suck anyway.

Sadly, I just have no confidence in Groce as a coach. Not after last year... well, really, thanks to all 3 years. Dude doesn't understand the offensive side of the ball, and he doesn't understand the officiating meta-game either. He's had bad recruiting luck and injury luck, but so what?

DominoKid

watchespn app got me heated again. last night it just flat out refused to work on the carolina game in the 2nd half (computer or xbox)

tonight it's already a few mins deep into the game and it's not even available to watch on the app.

piece of trash.

DominoKid

refs fucking us right now.

on another note i know most carolina fans hate Dan Dakich cause he's so biased against us but that dude is funny as shit. the man is a hater through and through.

DominoKid

they're not garbage. roy just doesn't play them in a system that works. our offense is so archaic it's hard to really use players skills.

now our defense is even more atrocious than usual.

DominoKid

i'd love it if roy let theo and jackson start with paige when he returns. those 2 already have a good understanding. and if they're playing off teams keying in on paige there should be a lot of opportunities for them.

RoKKeR

Vandy gets Kansas in Maui today, should be a fun game. Have looked good against St. John and Wake Forest, but this will be our first top team of the season. Should be good early-season experience. Lot of potential, just need to show up and not get rattled.

Yale about to run Duke out the gym at CIS

So much scrappy on one court at once

EDIT: Duke losing to Glee Club members and cats named after Romeo and Juliet characters lol

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Kansas handling Vandy pretty well here, not a great game though.

Though both playing like it's 35 second shot clock grind the clock time even with the 30... was hoping the new clock had a bigger effect on the games.. but it's not enough.. make it 24.

RoKKeR

Sigh, good game to Kansas. Really bummed with the way Vandy played in the second half after such a strong first half. Stagnant offense, defense looked incredibly poor and we were 6/28 from 3. Frustrating to watch, but I'm glad our guys hung around.

End of the day were within 10 to a top 5 team while looking bad in the process. Still young and a lot of ball to be played still. We'll get better. Glad basketball is back in season.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I know that it's early but my look out for my Monmouth Hawks. We beat UCLA at their home court and just beat number 17 notre dame. Huge win.

Fjordson

Yikes. Tyler Ulis just fucked up his arm / shoulder and has been back in the locker room for a while. Not good. He just had it hanging as he left the game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
refs fucking us right now.

on another note i know most carolina fans hate Dan Dakich cause he's so biased against us but that dude is funny as shit. the man is a hater through and through.

Wasn't he calling your game vs NW? That guy was giving your team a virtual BJ.

Top Bottom