• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Fjordson

One win from the finals. Still hard to believe this is the Golden State Warriors.

Klay needs to show up again though, we'll need him in the finals. Kerr even lightened his defensive load tonight and he still didn't look great shooting the ball. No bueno.

Dream, Doris looking nice!!
My man.

Well, Warriors played a great game. Can't really say much else. Sucks, but that's basketball. Rockets haven't been this far in so long. Excited for game four.

Now...It's time to go to a bar, get drunk, get a free ticket to Pound Town, wake up in the morning and get lost in the world of the Witcher 3 to forget all about this sorrow.

Sometimes frauds even win the finals of their division, as we got to see in 2007.
I dont see how you could get that far and be a fraud. If you get that far you're good, very good. Teams that collapse after deep playoff runs probably just arent playing with the same level of intensity (possibly due to fatigue) as the other team or have a bad matchup with the other team. Or it could be some weird team chemistry thing. Usually a single bad playoff series doesn't speak for the overall quality of a team.

Well curry has to have an off game eventually although at some point klay will have a great game. I don't know if the rockets can rebound from losing that bad at home down 3-0 to win game 4 either.

They still got to the finals, its not easy getting all the way there no matter what people like to claim.

I dont see how you could get that far and be a fraud. If you get that far you're good, very good. Teams that collapse after deep playoff runs probably just arent playing with the same level of intensity as the other team or have a bad matchup with the other team. Or it could be some weird team chemistry thing. Usually a single bad playoff series doesn't speak for the overall quality of a team.

So even though that 2007 field was pretty weak on the East's side, we shouldn't hold that against that Cleveland team for getting that far?
;)

James harden looses by 35 points Kevin durant who is cursed right now jersey number is 35 harden has been warned we need answers - Lil B

https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/602317759783915521

CFvX677UgAIPmeE.jpg

The Lil B curse aint a joke

njean777

So even though that 2007 field was pretty weak on the East's side, we shouldn't hold that against that Cleveland team for getting that far?
;)

They still got there, they could have lost just as easily as all the other 2007 East teams. The whole East is weak talk is just really stupid to me. AFC has been weak for the NFL for awhile and everybody thought the Seahawks were going to beat the Pats, well they didn't. Teams change in the play offs. I mean Cleveland could sweep the warriors in the finals, or the Rockets could clutch 4 games, or the Warriors could sweep the Cavs, the Hawks could comeback and win the series against the Cavs. Anything can happen.

They still got there, they could have lost just as easily as all the other 2007 East teams. The whole East is weak talk is just really stupid to me. AFC has been weak for the NFL for awhile and everybody thought the Seahawks were going to beat the Pats, well they didn't. Teams change in the play offs. I mean Cleveland could sweep the warriors in the finals, or the Rockets could clutch 4 games, or the Warriors could sweep the Cavs, the Hawks could comeback and win the series against the Cavs. Anything can happen.

fwiw, I actually agree with you - my last 3 posts were poking fun at the "hot take" crowd ITT ruling anything out and saying opposing teams are guaranteed to be swept before a single game has been played against them

wmlk

Cavs and Warriors remind me so much of the Heat and Spurs matchup last year.

One dominant team coming from the West, and this team is firing on all cylinders right now. What the Cavs are doing is very impressive but it's only a distraction to how good the Warriors are.

I made a mistake in believing in the Heat last year and ignored how good the Spurs really were. I think the Warriors will win in 5. Not making the same mistake again just because the other team has LeBron.

Cavs and Warriors remind me so much of the Heat and Spurs matchup last year.

One dominant team coming from the West, and this team is firing on all cylinders right now. What the Cavs are doing is very impressive but it's only a distraction to how good the Warriors are.

I made a mistake in believing in the Heat last year and ignored how good the Spurs really were. I think the Warriors will win in 5. Not making the same mistake again just because the other team has LeBron.
I think the Cavs will put up a better fight than the Heat did last year. That might not translate to winning games, as GS is amazing, but everyone besides Lebron on that Heat team looked terrible and lacked fight.

I think the Cavs will put up a better fight than the Heat did last year. That might not translate to winning games, as GS is amazing, but everyone besides Lebron on that Heat team looked terrible and lacked fight.

You're playing a fools game if you believe in guy like JR Smith and Mozgov coming through in any meaningful way in the end.

You're playing a fools game if you believe in guy like JR Smith and Mozgov coming through in any meaningful way in the end.
I expect guys like TT, Delly, and Shumpert to continue hustling down to the last minute. I expect the rest of the team to show up and play so Lebron isn't tied or leading in every single stat like he did in the 2014 finals. I don't expect they'll win the series and there's a chance they don't win a single game. (for what it's worth, I thought the Bulls would beat them and that Atlanta might too)

I'm going to go ahead and block you because you're just shitting up threads and being a douchebag.

Jimrpg

Teams playing the Warriors should be looking at what Spurs did to beat them two years ago in the West semis. They doubled curry hard to get the ball out of his hands making Barnes beat them.

Hope dubs end it in Houston, don't really want to give the rockets any chance of making a crazy comeback.

Teams playing the Warriors should be looking at what Spurs did to beat them two years ago in the West semis. They doubled curry hard to get the ball out of his hands making Barnes beat them.

Hope dubs end it in Houston, don't really want to give the rockets any chance of making a crazy comeback.

That won't work. Back then all they had was Barnes as the #2. Now they got Day-Day, Clay, Iggy...shit man, they have a starting 5 coming off the bench.

That said, my Cavs will be better on defense than the Rockets have. We don't have to send someone out there as old and tired as The Jet out there to guard the 2. Oh, and our Center can shoot free throws.

That said, nobody is ready for that Steph release speed. Never thought I'd see a release faster than Ray Allen's, but his for damn sure is. Anyway, we shut down one of the best deep threats in the league so far this series, maybe we can make someone other than Steph beat us, provided we make it to the Finals (likely, but anything is possible with injuries). And unlike the Rockets, we actually BEAT the Warriors this year. :3 And Smith and Shump didn't do much on offense to help.

If Kyrie has enough time off to get his feet/knee right, I'll like our chances more than these weak-willed, bitchass Rockets had against the Warriors. That's for damn sure. They fooled me into believing they had some heart when they beat the Clippers. Then I realized it's just that the Clippers didn't have much of their own when they needed it. I remember this is a team lead by the consummate flopper and "the teddy bear" Dwight Howard. Mistakes were made. The first few games against the Clippers were their true selves.

CLE in 6 if Kyrie is >85% for the entire Finals. Being underdog is very entertaining.

Well to be fair the Rockets did double Curry a lot on game 2 which helped them keep the game close.

But during the game tonight I noticed that Curry didn't bring the ball down as much from the back court, they were having Klay or Iggy bring it down.

Iggy normally runs the offense for the 2nd unit anyways. Although it is weird that they didn't try double teaming Curry at all this game.

I don't know why Terrence Jones is getting his minutes eaten up by Josh Smith either, Jones is a way better defender/rebounder and Smith gives absolutely nothing on the defensive end or the boards. I actually don't like the Rockets but the decision to keep Jones sidelined after his great play in the Clippers series is baffling.

edit: meant to say Curry was doubled a lot on game 2

I didn't see it before but it seems like it's the Warriors year.

You can never count on LeClown Shames and his gang of Knicks castoffs but I don't know, Curry and company seem unphased by the moment and I don't see them pulling an Oklahoma City Thunder in the Finals.

Jimrpg

That won't work. Back then all they had was Barnes as the #2. Now they got Day-Day, Clay, Iggy...shit man, they have a starting 5 coming off the bench.

That said, my Cavs will be better on defense than the Rockets have. We don't have to send someone out there as old and tired as The Jet out there to guard the 2. Oh, and our Center can shoot free throws.

Well I don't know how they are going to win if they let Steph keep shooting the way he does and from so far out too. He's making a record number of 3 pointers a game. He's literally breaking the game.

JET is way too past it to be guarding Steph. The three pointer where Steph breaks the record, he gave him way too much room. It's a crazy shot, but its still poor defending.

I don't know why Terrence Jones is getting his minutes eaten up by Josh Smith either, Jones is a way better defender/rebounder and Smith gives absolutely nothing on the defensive end or the boards. I actually don't like the Rockets but the decision to keep Jones sidelined after his great play in the Clippers series is baffling.

edit: meant to say Curry was doubled a lot on game 2

I agree. I think Rockets are gambling by putting Smith out there. Terrence Jones would be a better matchup against Green/Barnes.

I didn't see it before but it seems like it's the Warriors year.

You can never count on LeClown Shames and his gang of Knicks castoffs but I don't know, Curry and company seem unphased by the moment and I don't see them pulling an Oklahoma City Thunder in the Finals.

Just about every team is breaking down in terms of injuries except the warriors. Warriors v Rockets would be a different series with fit Howard and Beverley.

I actually thought about that phrase "the best team doesn't win it all but rather the hottest team".

Maybe this is the new "the healthiest team" instead of "hottest".

However, the Cavaliers seem to be damaged goods but still rolling.

I was confident the Hawks would beat them and while it's not over, I don't see them all of a sudden playing lights out.

Jimrpg

I had cavs in six for the cavs hawks series. I just couldn't see them stopping LeBron. Even with Love out and Kyrie on one leg.

This cavs team is really similar to the heat team of capable role players. As long as Lebron has three/four shooters on the floor, they are really difficult to stop.

Top Bottom