• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

I had cavs in six for the cavs hawks series. I just couldn't see them stopping LeBron. Even with Love out and Kyrie on one leg.

This cavs team is really similar to the heat team of capable role players. As long as Lebron has three/four shooters on the floor, they are really difficult to stop.

If I was seeing JR Smith for the first time in the last few games I would agree with you but he has a body of work spanning multiple teams that tells me otherwise. Shumpert might hit some open shots when the team is already up 15 but he's no Ray Allen.

Fjordson

The beautiful thing about Kerr's offense is that it isn't just Curry pounding the ball and running pick & rolls, inviting traps and double teams. Probably half the time it's other players bringing the ball up the floor to initiate the offense. Sometimes when Curry scores it's just a quick catch & shoot or a back door cut. Defenses don't even have time to double team him like they used to.

Klay will need to score better if we advance, though. He's playing hard, but he's off on offense right now.

The beautiful thing about Kerr's offense is that it isn't just Curry pounding the ball and running pick & rolls, inviting traps and double teams. Probably half the time it's other players bringing the ball up the floor to initiate the offense. Sometimes when Curry scores it's just a quick catch & shoot or a back door cut. Defenses don't even have time to double team him like they used to.

Klay will need to score better if we advance, though. He's playing hard, but he's off on offense right now.

He can't see the rim because he's always squinting :p

Blablurn

CFvamwDXIAAOCX_.jpg:large

If I was seeing JR Smith for the first time in the last few games I would agree with you but he has a body of work spanning multiple teams that tells me otherwise. Shumpert might hit some open shots when the team is already up 15 but he's no Ray Allen.

Yep. JR is gonna JR at some point and start throwing up trash.

I actually thought about that phrase "the best team doesn't win it all but rather the hottest team".

Maybe this is the new "the healthiest team" instead of "hottest".

However, the Cavaliers seem to be damaged goods but still rolling.

I was confident the Hawks would beat them and while it's not over, I don't see them all of a sudden playing lights out.

The best team in the NBA almost always wins. And the Warriors were by far the best team this year.

Trey

Anyway, we shut down one of the best deep threats in the league so far this series, maybe we can make someone other than Steph beat us

Different kind of shooters. Korver is a spot up shooter. You have to leave him for his shot to get off. Curry can make his own shot, and runs through many many more screens than Korver.

That won't work. Back then all they had was Barnes as the #2. Now they got Day-Day, Clay, Iggy...shit man, they have a starting 5 coming off the bench.

That said, my Cavs will be better on defense than the Rockets have. We don't have to send someone out there as old and tired as The Jet out there to guard the 2. Oh, and our Center can shoot free throws.

That said, nobody is ready for that Steph release speed. Never thought I'd see a release faster than Ray Allen's, but his for damn sure is. Anyway, we shut down one of the best deep threats in the league so far this series, maybe we can make someone other than Steph beat us, provided we make it to the Finals (likely, but anything is possible with injuries). And unlike the Rockets, we actually BEAT the Warriors this year. :3 And Smith and Shump didn't do much on offense to help.

If Kyrie has enough time off to get his feet/knee right, I'll like our chances more than these weak-willed, bitchass Rockets had against the Warriors. That's for damn sure. They fooled me into believing they had some heart when they beat the Clippers. Then I realized it's just that the Clippers didn't have much of their own when they needed it. I remember this is a team lead by the consummate flopper and "the teddy bear" Dwight Howard. Mistakes were made. The first few games against the Clippers were their true selves.

CLE in 6 if Kyrie is >85% for the entire Finals. Being underdog is very entertaining.

Miss you right now Pat

Hope we keep him next season, as looking at the free agents this year, there aren't too many point guards.
I just hope we win tomorrow and maybe even game 5. Would be nice for game 3 to be more a 1-time thing.

I didn't get to Coli spam the Rox last night, cause no internet, so let me get it out of the way.
sabu.png
QbadP.png
mjlol.png
pachah1.png
umad.png

It's shocking how little effort they put in yesterday. I mean, you put up two close games in Oaktown, then forget to show up at home.
scust.png
Pathetic. This damn team ain't got no heart.

You might be able to get past the equally gutless Clippers, but not the Warriors. Not Dell Curry's first son. Glad this shit show is ending Monday.
rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

Speaking of which, it's 2015, why do the NHL and NBA playoffs still compete against each other for viewership?

It's so freaking dumb, I've actually wanted to watch some of the Ana vs Chi series. I know I could DVR it but I don't want to spend 2-3 hours watching a NHL game after a NBA game.

Speaking of which, it's 2015, why do the NHL and NBA playoffs still compete against each other for viewership?

It's so freaking dumb, I've actually wanted to watch some of the Ana vs Chi series. I know I could DVR it but I don't want to spend 2-3 hours watching a NHL game after a NBA game.

In a way(not really) I'm glad the Bulls are out because I can focus on watching the Hawks but yeah, it becomes tough to keep an eye on this and that when that and this are on.

You should watch the Ana/Chi series instead of these sweeps. Those games have been fucking amazing. Two multi-OT games with lots of scoring.

Yep. JR is gonna JR at some point and start throwing up trash.

People have been saying this the entire time he's been in Cleveland and it hasn't happened yet.

Almost like the common denominator in those teams where he did start throwing up trash (Melo) isn't here

if he does start throwing up trash it's gonna be because GS is shutting him down, not because JR

GState is going to run through the Cavs, shit will be over in 4 or 5 games. Cleveland's injury riddled brand of fuckball might be enough to get them through the east but I don't know how anyone can watch these playoffs and not see that the Warriors are just a level beyond anyone else right now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

When else would they air? Thanks to summer vacation and the Olympics, no one but baseball wants to air in the summer, and they really only do it because of weather necessity and tradition. And if you end the season any earlier you compete against college sports or the Superbowl if you go far enough back. Plus there is a natural benefit to mimicking the school year. So who's gonna be the one to back down when it doesn't seem to be hurting either of their ratings?

GState is going to run through the Cavs, shit will be over in 4 or 5 games. Cleveland's injury riddled brand of fuckball might be enough to get them through the east but I don't know how anyone can watch these playoffs and not see that the Warriors are just a level beyond anyone else right now.

Yeah, Golden State can still choke the finals or Lebron could do some Lebron stuff to make it competitive. Other than that, this is no longer a competition, it's a victory lap.

GS reminds me of Germany in the past World Cup, they have that same "no fucking way you're beating these guys" vibe even when shit's close.

When else would they air? Thanks to summer vacation and the Olympics, no one but baseball wants to air in the summer, and they really only do it because of weather necessity and tradition. And if you end the season any earlier you compete against college sports or the Superbowl if you go far enough back. Plus there is a natural benefit to mimicking the school year. So who's gonna be the one to back down when it doesn't seem to be hurting either of their ratings?

/shrug, I dunno. I think hockey would be fine if they started 2-3 weeks earlier and ended the year during early or mid May. Start the NHL playoffs 2 weeks earlier in early April. I wouldn't even mind if some of the NBA and NHL playoffs overlapped each other. I just think it's dumb in having the WCF or ECF of both sports on at the exact same time. Hell one of them could at least do a day game :/

I mean yea the ratings might be fine but you can't argue that they could be better if they weren't competing.

/shrug, I dunno. I think hockey would be fine if they started 2-3 weeks earlier and ended the year during early or mid May. Start the NHL playoffs 2 weeks earlier in early April. I wouldn't even mind if some of the NBA and NHL playoffs overlapped each other. I just think it's dumb in having the WCF or ECF of both sports on at the exact same time. Hell one of them could at least do a day game :/

I mean yea the ratings might be fine but you can't argue that they could be better if they weren't competing.

I think the NBA should move, then. The NBA season should really be shorter anyway since it's basically meaningless. Plus, the playoffs has one round too many.

This post should be repeated at the top of each page until the finals start. It's the hard truth people seem to be ignoring.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I forgot Curry is on a 4 year 44 mill contract. Holy fuck. Wonder how it feels to know you bout to be getting PAID MAX ON MAX

Mr. Sunny

Banned
LeBron going to destroy the Warriors. Y'all fools can keep your blinders on but it's over in 6 (if that). LeBron gonna have the Warriors shook. Warriors only got this far because they faced nothing but scrubs up until now, Bron about to eat these posers.

LeBron going to destroy the Warriors. Y'all fools can keep your blinders on but it's over in 6 (if that). LeBron gonna have the Warriors shook. Warriors only got this far because they faced nothing but scrubs up until now, Bron about to eat these posers.

This post should be repeated at the top of each page until the finals start. It's the hard truth people seem to be ignoring.

Yeah, Golden State can still choke the finals or Lebron could do some Lebron stuff to make it competitive. Other than that, this is no longer a competition, it's a victory lap.

GS reminds me of Germany in the past World Cup, they have that same "no fucking way you're beating these guys" vibe even when shit's close.

Unless LeBron uses his magic hexing powers to inflict a plague of injuries on the Dubs, I can not imagine a way they lose to the gimpy Cavs. This is a historically great team, playing at a level so far ascended from the rest of the league.

Well, at least you guys can have 9 days of blissful daydreaming before reality hits. If you think just having Lebron on your team is good enough to win a championship then he would have won a lot more than 2 rings by now. Not sure where you've gotten this idea from that he can just carry teams all the way when in Miami he had Wade, Bosh, and Ray Allen for starters.

Fjordson

Ninja I hope this isn't a jinx. You rooted against SA last year.

TTG

Cavs are smart to keep Kyrie out, let him rest until June 9th or whatever.

It's still not going to matter.

Top Bottom