• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

He was born deaf, blind and dumb.
Lol, for some reason, they had him ready for a live spot but then they quickly cut to a taped interview he did with Dwight right after the game. He was just standing there like a fool (which for him isn't that hard obviously) for a good 5-6 seconds.

Damn, wrong sport but Toew's heroics flushed down the drain in a minute.

Missed this whole game. But thank the lawd for the youtube.

Harden was Chef Curry with the shot.
Yikes @ Curry falling on his head.
Howard gave Bogut that MWP treatment.

Good job to the Rockets on giving the home fans one last victory for the season.

Warriors chip in 9 is the new motto, unless Hobo Delly does a Lightning Cannonball into Steph's knee cab.

Howard probably isn't gonna play game 5. I wouldn't be surprised if that flagrant 1 was upgraded to a flagrant 2. And regardless of that push by bogut, it should be.

Mxrz

yall aren't really going to take up for Bogut. even if you started watching this year, thats a bit much.

Its too bad Harden choked the other night. Series could be 2-2

People are still in the Toyota Center because of the weather. Dwight apparently just came out to speak to the fans, so I'm guessing that most of the players are still there too.

LtDY197.jpg

Holy shit took me a sec to spot Waldo Curry :jnc

Missed this whole game. But thank the lawd for the youtube.

Harden was Chef Curry with the shot.
Yikes @ Curry falling on his head.
Howard gave Bogut that MWP treatment.

Good job to the Rockets on giving the home fans one last victory for the season.

Warriors chip in 9 is the new motto, unless Hobo Delly does a Lightning Cannonball into Steph's knee cab.

1337124253_blanka-roll-alp.gif
yfI71Gh.jpg

latest

edit: fuck that didn't come out the way I wanted it to :/

Rockets showed more heart than I thought they had left. +Respect, albeit it a bit too late.

Unfortunately, their Jekyll and Hide game-to-game problem (which Rockets team will show up?) is the principle reason they'll be going home early. They clearly have the talent collectively. They just don't seem to have the mental stability to get it done in the games unless their backs are against the wall.

I would not be entirely surprised if they managed to push this to 7, but honestly...their defense is fucking atrocious. While the Cavs have been largely successful by running the Hawks (who like to play an offensive style similar to the Warriors) off the 3-point line, I believe the Rockets allowed wide open 3-point looks all but maybe 3 of Golden State's fourty-six (46!) 3-point shots. It was amazing. Terry slow to close on Klay Thompson or Steph repeatedly. Brewer and whoever on the switch sagging off of them like they didn't know he shoots 3's. Like they were more afraid of them driving? People cheating under screens repeatedly. I don't understand these defensive lapses against this team. When you have a premiere shot-blocker like Howard in the paint, your goal should be to run Steph and Klay, Barbosa and whoever else off the 3-point line and make them finish over the outstretched arms of Howard or take a tough pull-up off the dribble. If they beat you with 2-point jumpers and layups over your huge front court players, so be it. But giving them twenty threes every game? Most of which are wide open looks? It's easy to understand why Houston is on the verge of going home. Their seeming disinterest in playing hard, close-out defense on Golden State's sharp shooters almost caused them to almost lose this game and were big contributors to the first 2 games losses. I don't know if Terry doesn't give a shit anymore or if he's just too slow to chase players around picks, but if so sit his ass down and let someone on a contract year go get it done. Either way, you can bet your Curry and Thompson won't be getting open looks from 3 all game against CLE. They'll hit some 3's...but wide open opportunities? They'll be few and far between, just like they've been for Atlanta for most of the series

As for the Cavs...well pleased with my boys effort the other night. LBJ was awful to start and magical for the last 3 quarters. And Tristan is a fucking beast. JR with his usual clutch buckets...decent defense when they needed it, though lacking most of the game. I love Jeff Teague so I felt bad for him. He's easily one of my favorite players in the league and a competitor worthy of his All-Star status. Oh and fuck Horford.

A bit surprised to see so much salt and diminishing here. I expect it from the Heat fans who are praying to whatever gods they believe in that LeBron fails (expected), but damn...everyone else too. Misery loves company, I suppose. CLE clearly not deep enough without Love and with our stars gimpy, but damn bros...chill. It's not like they haven't earned every win they've had. Hope they can bury the Hawks tomorrow/today so that LeBron can spend the next 2 weeks in that freezing machine thing and maybe get back up to 85% or something. As for Kyrie...time to go, dude. Need to learn from the Warriors and get this shit over with. If they have to ride LeBron like that for more than the next game, LeBron might break down or some shit. That would not be good. Kyrie needs to get his ass out there and take some of the burden off, because nobody else is capable of doing so. He can get treatment in the weeks ahead.

But anyway, grats to the Rockets for getting at least 1. Looking forward to game 5 there. And looking for CLE to close out pls.

I think they can. It all will come down to the next game. I said in the clippers series if they won game 5 it was going 7. obviously golden state is better thean the clippers. but harden has to play like the mvp candidate (according to some should have been winner) that he is. think about this game 2 they could have won and the series would have been tied. they played pretty good the first two games. so one game at a time Harden do his thing and role players play their A$$ off and they can push 7.

They had 45 points in the first quarter on 77 percent shooting while going 8/9 from 3. Despite all that the Warriors still made a game out of it. This is as good as it's ever gonna get for them, it's over.

They had 45 points in the first quarter on 77 percent shooting while going 8/9 from 3. Despite all that the Warriors still made a game out of it. This is as good as it's ever gonna get for them, it's over.

Not mention the fact they have to go win at Oracle twice. If the series was tied 2-2 I'd give the rockets a fighting chance but come on now. GS are not the clippers and even the clippers would have probably won another game at home.

Its crazy that this could be a close and competitive series tied 2-2 if the rockets just didn't choke on that last play in game 2. That's literally all that's keeping this from being super close.

Weren't game 1 and 2 extremely close? A bit early to put them in the grave as if they can't play better defense (in theory) and win another game.

With the kind of perimeter defense the Rockets played, it's quite the miracle GS didn't complete the comeback. Again, acutely awful defense from the second quarter on (didn't see Q1 so I can't speak on that). It was understandable when Howard or the other frontcourt defenders got caught on switches and lit up...but it's not okay when your permitter defenders are sagging off of GS guards, are late to rotate, slow to close out, and cheat under screens repeatedly.

Give GS those same wide-open-as-fuck looks in Game 5 and Houston can expect to write their own obituaries, autographed by Klay, Steph, Draymon, and Leandro. For a team that was pretty good defensively this year, their lapses (mental or physical) have been embarrassing and are putting pressure on Harden to go for 35+ just to have a chance to win. They have the opposite problem of CLE: plenty of talent to score throughout the lineup, but no defense to run shooters off of their spots. And holy shit these free throws. I don't give a fuck about Houston, but I'mma say a prayer for their bigs.

Harden is the third player in playoff history to score 45 points on 22 fg attempts or fewer. MJ and Dirk are the other two.

and if they'd actually call the fouls on some of these muggings he's getting, he would have had 55.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A bit early to put them in the grave as if they can't play better defense (in theory) and win another game.

Winning 4 in a row against GS is going to be very very tough. GS aren't the Clippers.

If they can pull the unprecedented historic series comeback, Houston will get all the props in the world.

Winning 4 in a row against GS is going to be very very tough. GS aren't the Clippers.

If they can pull the unprecedented historic series comeback, Houston will get all the props in the world.
Golden State won 3 in a row, so can Houston. Then it's winner takes all. I think they could realistically pull it off if they. Ignore the pressure.

Fjordson

I'm just relieved Curry is seemingly okay long term. And not even just the risk when he hit his head, but his arm and shoulder. His arm could have snapped in two like Bogut's years ago.

If he's out there starting on Wednesday then we'll have dodged a gigantic bullet.

maladroid

I just don't get this Rockets team. Lose by 4 and 1 at Oracle, then get clobbered at home. Give up 20 3s in the next game and still win. I'm just gonna say I'm glad Curry is alright and that we didn't get swept.

Fjordson

If Steph is okay then I'm not panicking yet.

Quarter playoff scoring record
Harden scores playoff high
Josh Smith misses 1 shot
Steph gets DDT'd

And GS is still within 6 in the fourth.

So the Cavs potentially winning the finals is already hard enough, SI has gone ahead and put them on the Cover of their latest issue to jinx them further.

17920714-mmmain.png

Top Bottom