• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

I hear you, I just think that's an odd distinction. ATL has 5 people that can go out and get a bucket when you really need one. That's really the point. Just because they don't have a ball-hogging star demanding the ball in every game decided in the last 30 seconds doesn't mean they don't have players with the talent and confidence to get it done. I mean, which of their starters would you NOT want with the ball in their hands with the game on the line? All of them produce in the clutch, and they all shoot free throws well. There's a reason why they shit on most of the NBA all season long. It's not because of a lack of clutch talent.

Well none of their starting 5 have really dominated in the playoffs either. There's this perception that the playoffs become a grind and that since you play teams multiple times, the more play oriented teams tend to break down easier since their schemes are better countered (of course the Spurs kinda proved that wrong but at the same time they have tons of experience. Potentially waiving them off as an anomaly). I dunno. I lump ATL as a contender in the East and don't make a real distinction b/t them, the Cavs and the Bulls (if healthy). It's a close call..

Fjordson

I'm not too worried about the Rockets. We swept them this year with a few blowouts when they still had guys like Motiejūnas and Beverly. Dwight is a difference maker, but I don't think he's enough to totally reverse things.

Spurs would be tough. Wouldn't shock me if they beat us. They aren't very good on the road so I think that will help us out, and we smacked them around last time in Oracle, but we'll see.

Also wouldn't shock me if we lost to Memphis in the second round, though they don't seem nearly as good as they were earlier in the year.

I'm not too worried about the Rockets. We swept them this year with a few blowouts when they still had guys like Motiejūnas and Beverly. Dwight is a difference maker, but I don't think he's enough to totally reverse things.

Spurs would be tough. Wouldn't shock me if they beat us. They aren't very good on the road so I think that will help us out, and we smacked them around last time in Oracle, but we'll see.

Also wouldn't shock me if we lost to Memphis in the second round, though they don't seem nearly as good as they were earlier in the year.

I personally think that if Harden is neutralized, Howard getting his numbers is inconsequential. He's not good enough to get his teammates going IMO..

Into

Last year, Harden wasent all that good in the playoffs, likely due to playoffs just being a tighter affair, everyone, especially defense play better.

I could see Dallas coming through, they were the best and most competitive team last year that played the Spurs

Krejlooc

Banned
Last year, Harden wasent all that good in the playoffs, likely due to playoffs just being a tighter affair, everyone, especially defense play better.

And 2 years ago he was on fire in every series except the final. He took dallas apart in game 4, then bitch slapped san antonio in consecutive games.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I still think they should have forced back the name from the Jazz and made Utah think of a new one.

Bread

Banned
And their championships.
tumblr_mdlsq3FaX61rgjuodo1_500.jpg

Sumidor

I just hope Portland puts up a good fight. Only way Portland takes it, is if LMA turns on his cheat codes like last year.

NBA's all about those ironic team names.

real talk tho: they could have done better than the "Pelicans". I don't know what; but something better.

New Orleans Brass? With some badass Brass Band horns on the logo? idk. I'da fucked with it, as I'm a big Jazz fan.

How about they get the name back from fucking Utah? That shit is still offensive, as if Utah has any Jazz history or tradition at all.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but I just realized that 3 of the 4 Conference finals teams from last year didn't even make the playoffs. That's gotta be pretty rare, if not, a first?

East Prediction time: Top seeds win out in convincing fashion.

Cavs vs Celtics
Don't matter how good of a coach Brad Stevens is. This roster is still bad, Lebron will picture KG and Pierce in those jerseys and just dominate this series. Love might have good games, which will probably a tryout for the Cs in case they wanna go after him as a free agent. Cavs sweep 4-0.

Raps vs Wiz
Raps dominated the Wiz in the regular season and the Wiz team looked demoralized in all those games. Lowry and DeRozan > Wall and Beal. Raps backcourt better and their frontcourt is deeper. Raps in 5, wanna say 4 but have a feeling Raps will giveaway a game hope I am wrong. Raps in 5.
Hoping TRoss contributes experienced playoff bball doesn't brick 3s. We The North. 6 Wooooo.

Bulls vs Bucks
This series seems so unfair, the difference in frontcourt talent just ridiculous.Gasol, Noah and Gibson will feast in the low post. Bulls could win this series without evening relying on Rose or Butler. Bulls gonna sweep the Bucks 4-0. No matter how bad the Bulls are at home, this is men among boys type series.

Hawks vs Nets
This series might be the more entertaining series next to Raps vs Wiz in the East. I could see Nets making it interesting, Deron Williams has played good since All star break even though all things being said compared to last 2 years, he is playing good bball. The Hawks are just too deep and too disciplined as a team to get beat by the Nets. Nets team seems to be forced to play a certain way that doesn't fit this roster. Joe Johnson could be a x-factor for the Nets. Hawks have bench, and great frontcourt that isn't soft like Brook Lopez. Hawks in 5

Will do West predictions soon. Need to think.

Sandfox

I'm surprised there isn't a GAF bracket for the playoffs.

Raps vs Wiz
Raps dominated the Wiz in the regular season and the Wiz team looked demoralized in all those games. Lowry and DeRozan > Wall and Beal. Raps backcourt better and their frontcourt is deeper. Raps in 5, wanna say 4 but have a feeling Raps will giveaway a game hope I am wrong. Raps in 5.
Hoping TRoss contributes experienced playoff bball doesn't brick 3s. We The North. 6 Wooooo.
Only the first game was a domination. I think this series will come down to Lou Williams would you look at what advantages each team has over each other.

I just hope Portland puts up a good fight. Only way Portland takes it, is if LMA turns on his cheat codes like last year.

Tony Allen and Mike Conley are injured so I have Portland winning the series.

I personally think that if Harden is neutralized, Howard getting his numbers is inconsequential. He's not good enough to get his teammates going IMO..

If you want to go by analytics the Rockets are worse than the Sixers when Harden isn't doing anything for them.

Being an Atlanta sports fan can be a struggle sometimes but I'm hoping the Hawks make it to at least the Eastern conference finals. If Toronto makes it through the first round, I'm not worried. I only see them beating us because of 6god Lou Will coming out with the hands of Drake crying tears on the basket. Other than that, I don't see Toronto beating them in a 7 game series.

But you know, atl sports. *kanye shrug*

EASTERN:
ATLANTA-BROOKLYN IN 5
TORONTO-WASHINGTON IN 7

CHICAGO-MILWAUKEE IN 5
CLEVELAND-BOSTON IN 4
____
ATLANTA-WASHINGTON IN 6
CLEVELAND-CHICAGO IN 5
____
CLEVELAND-ATLANTA IN 6

WESTERN:
GOLDEN STATE-NEW ORLEANS IN 4
PORTLAND-MEMPHIS IN 7

LA CLIPPERS-SAN ANTONIO IN 6
HOUSTON-DALLAS IN 7
____
GOLDEN STATE-MEMPHIS IN 6
LA CLIPPERS-DALLAS IN 5
____
GOLDEN STATE-LA CLIPPERS IN 5

FINALS:
CLEVELAND-GOLDEN STATE NO IDEA

Feeling an upset with the Mavs and there's something about those Clips man. See em going a long way.

I'm going with the Hawks, Cavs, Bulls, Raps, Mavs, Warriors, Clippers, and Grizzlies for the first round. I expect Hawks v Warriors to be the finals.

Top Bottom