• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

I never complain about refs, but that was horseshit.

Two out of bounds plays right in the last two minutes that weren't called/called wrong. Holy fuck how did they watch the really of that so much and get it wrong?

spyder_ur

Shut up about the refs. Duke's players, both its stars and role players, showed up and made big shots. Congrats to them. Good game.

Quality of play in the tournament at large was garbage, but it got better with the last batches of games.

Man something has to be done about these refs in CBB, you can see when they decide in the games to "help" a team or a player out. Okafor had 4 fouls so they just completely stopped calling fouls on Duke. Coach K knows this and teaches his teams to throw themselves around with reckless abandon. Same thing with the Cats, refs let them manhandle their opponents all season long.

Not sure if that was a good game or not. Definitely not as good as UK/Wiscy. Pretty brutal officiating down the stretch, typical K bullshit.
Hard to complain about the refs when Duke's best 2 guys weren't allowed to play. Badgers choked
There was maybe one bad foul call on those 2 guys. The rest were hacks after they got beat in the post.

Zukkoyaki

Bad calls happen guys. This is basketball! I agree that it was more Wisconsin wilting and Dekker not showing up that hurt them.

See kids, evil does win.

member.php

RDreamer

Despite the terrible call, I really don't think that one out of bounds decided the entire game.

This coming from a Cyclones fan that often uses that excuse. Irony?

Two out of bounds plays.

Like a play or two before that a guy on Duke clearly stepped out of bounds. That was right before a bucket and a foul.

BTM

Wisconsin's offense really had issues the last 14 minutes of the half.

Also looked a little gassed there. Tough to play a full energetic 40 minutes 48 hours after putting all your effort into beating Kentucky.

lol one bad call doesn't make a game when wisconsin choked as hard as they did

It did affect momentum though. You never know what would have happened if that out of bounds call was reversed or if they would have waved those points off for the shot clock violation in the UK game.

Point is shitty officiating should not be able to alter games like this. None of us know what would happen, it all speculation. But we should not have to be talking about this shit.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm sure Badger gaf would just as soon tell me to go to hell, but good game, great season for Wisconsin.

I think this will be K's last title, really happy for the upper classmen

gcubed

Shut up about the refs. Duke's players, both its stars and role players, showed up and made big shots. Congrats to them. Good game.

Quality of play in the tournament at large was garbage, but it got better with the last batches of games.

The last batch of games were close but just poor basketball. I'm not sure why the quality of the NCAA has gone down as far as it has in the last few years. Close hectic basketball at points with just poor play.

Jarate

Banned
Coach K realized that he xould just go inside every play and get fouls called

Im not saying there was any conspiracy, but theyve been calling drives terribly all tournament and Coach K was gonna abuse them. Izzo complained about it, and hes one of the classiest coaches in the game. This needs to be addressed in the offseason, this reminds me of Flacco realizing he just had to throw deep and get a PI call

Sephzilla

The officiating at the end there was awful and Wisconsin got robbed. But they also played poorly at the end. Hard to say if the bad calls took the wind out of their sails.

And you're just going to ignore the fact that the refs directly gave them those opportunities?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
i don't watch baskeball much and tbh the only reason i'm watching now is bc my cousin came over to watch the national championship while we were shooting pool..

can someone explain to me why wisconsin pg was taking his sweet ass time setting up plays while his team was down for the entire last 3 minutes or so. it seems like he wasted a ton of time...

was this some sort of strategy? whatever it was it obvs didn't work out well. is that guy considered 'good'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom