• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
ibbw6VOacnr3Wz.png

inKYzemahBUop.png

ibmrPevEs5NHPa.png

ibzACKhVySDMAY.png

iuwaRPDQBKFP0.png

iXZmPovcBAkW8.png

ibz1pg0xC9I7a.png

ibiA1L4n7Bvl52.png

iMAyHtFjmRlYH.png

iLx1AGyEcHZEH.png

ibgDe1xzYlmDb8.png

ZeroGravity

OKAY LET'S GO

Canadiens over Senators in 6
Lightning over Red Wings in 6
Rangers over Penguins in 5
Islanders over Capitals in 7

Ducks over Jets in 6
Canucks over Flames in 6
Wild over Blues in 7
Predators over Blackhawks in 7

Marvie_3

Banned
Amazing OP Quick

Also,
@CSNBoyle: With Kane's work on ice while Hawks were gone, I'm expecting 88 to be cleared 4 full contact practice tomorrow..Probable for GM 1 vs Nash
Niiiiiiiice

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
No joke, I actually had to do a double take at the Cleary holding the Cup pic... Thought you photoshop'd it at first and then was like, "oh yeah, he was on our team back then too..." Sigh.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amazing OP Quick. Really slick graphics, good job to ZG to whatever you helped with.

OKAY LET'S GO

Canadiens over Senators in 6
Lightning over Red Wings in 6
Rangers over Penguins in 5
Islanders over Capitals in 7
I'm assuming you picked the Habs to win just because you want to face them in the next round :lol

trifelife

GG Quick! No hotdoggin' in here.

Some poor soul's going to be so confused when they turn on CNBC for their business news and there's a hockey game on.

ZeroGravity

Why would we "run out of gas"?

It's not like we played more hockey or anything.
I think its more to do with the type of hockey the Sens had to play just to get in. You guys have been playing playoff hockey for over a month now, whereas the Habs more or less coasted down the stretch. That can really wear on a team.

Part of it is they were playing with nothing to lose, and now that they've made it, the dynamic and pressure shifts to the players.

Nothing to lose? We had a bunch of must win games that we had to win or the whole drive would have been for nothing. You think the players didn't feel pressure to make it after coming so close?

There's no extra pressure. We're the underdog just like we were in 2013. Habs are the high seed.

I think its more to do with the type of hockey the Sens had to play just to get in. You guys have been playing playoff hockey for over a month now, whereas the Habs more or less coasted down the stretch. That can really wear on a team.

Well that kind of makes sense. Although we clinched late in the season in 2013 as well.

Chris R

Sucks that two Canadian teams will be knocked out for sure in the first round :(

Please no Chicago/Pittsburg series ;_;

Red_Man

Nothing to lose? We had a bunch of must win games that we had to win or the whole drive would have been for nothing. You think the players didn't feel pressure to make it after coming so close?

There's no extra pressure. We're the underdog just like we were in 2013. Habs are the high seed.
Seeds don't mean much anymore, it's not like when we faced Washington as the 8th seed. I saw on twitter the difference in points across playoff teams is the lowest it's been since the 50's or something like that. I'm just wondering when Hammond will come back down to earth. First round, second round? Maybe he'll never lose again.

ShaneB

Seeds don't mean much anymore, it's not like when we faced Washington as the 8th seed. I saw on twitter the difference in points across playoff teams is the lowest it's been since the 50's or something like that. I'm just wondering when Hammond will come back down to earth. First round, second round? Maybe he'll never lose again.

This echoes what I said a bit ago really, none of these matchups seem one sided at all. I could predict one side of the teams, or pick the other side of teams and it seems just as likely.

Red_Man

This echoes what I said a bit ago really, none of these matchups seem one sided at all. I could predict one side of the teams, or pick the other side of teams and it seems just as likely.
Yea, there wouldn't be any series wins I would consider typical upsets. Closest that comes to that could be a Winnipeg or Pittsburgh series win, but even those wouldn't be that shocking.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Senators in 7 - Gotta go with the Hab Killers. Somebody is going to figure out Price.
Lightning in 6 - Bolts are too good for the Wings' shaky goalie situation.
Rangers in 5 - Rangers are in the Pens' heads, and the Pens are hurt and freefalling as it is. Watch out for Malkin to help steal a game or two, though.
Capitals in 7 - One of the best first round matchups. Home ice and superior goaltending gives Washington an edge by the slimmest of margins.

Blues in 6 - Blues are getting healthy at exactly the right time. Too many playoff disappointments in recent years for them, so I think they pull it off.
Blackhawks in 7 - Both teams have been going downhill. Hawks' experience makes the difference.
Ducks in 6 - These two will beat the shit out of each other. Jets will get a boost in Winnipeg, but the Ducks should get the job done.
Flames in 7 - Too close to call, so I'll go with the incomprehensibly difficult to kill Flames.

Razorskin

----- ------
http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...-national-anthem-chicago-blackhawks/25684973/
Music City's hockey team won't be changing its tune for the Chicago Blackhawks.

The Predators will play the national anthem — not "God Bless America" — prior to home playoff games against Chicago.

The issue came into question because Chicago fans, in a tradition that dates back three decades, clap and cheer loudly during the national anthem, believing it adds to the patriotic spirit of the song.

Many Predators fans, however, consider Chicago's tradition to be disrespectful, and don't appreciate the frequently large number of Blackhawks fans making so much noise during the anthem in an opposing city.

In one of Chicago's two visits here during the regular season, the Predators chose to play "God Bless America" instead of the national anthem before the game, hoping it would quiet Blackhawks fans.

But Predators president Sean Henry said the anthem will be played — with a slight twist — prior to the games against Chicago.

Instead of the customary practice of having an artist sing the anthem, the Predators will have an artist ask the entire Bridgestone Arena crowd to sing it. The Preds chose that strategy in their last two regular-season home games, with Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels, respectively, asking Nashville fans to carry the song.

"All the eyes were on them, and they both said, `Hey, we're in Music City and we all love America, so I'm not singing the anthem for you. Let's sing it together,'" Henry said. "When you have 17,000 people signing the anthem, I don't think there's anything more powerful. It's really been pretty special the last two games, so hopefully we'll build on that tradition through the playoffs."

Will it stop Blackhawks fans from clapping and cheering during the anthem here?

"It would almost be against God, country and apple pie to shout and cheer through the person next to you singing the anthem of the United States of America, wouldn't it?" Henry said.

The Predators had previously announced a number of measures designed to fill Bridgestone with as many Preds fans — and as few Blackhawks fans — as possible.

Among those moves:

• The team allowed season ticket-holders to buy extra playoff tickets before they went on sale to the general public.

• Playoff tickets to the general public at first went on sale only at local Kroger stores and at Bridgestone, meaning buyers had to purchase them in person.

• When the Preds eventually put playoff tickets online, they were available only to purchasers within the team's television viewing area.

Those ideas began to form following a Predators regular-season home loss to Chicago in December, when large quantities of Blackhawks fans lessened Nashville's home-ice advantage.

"We heard from too many fans that said, 'I don't want to see this again. I'm not coming again if it's like that,'" Henry said. "It wasn't so much the team we were playing. It was, 'I want to come to games where we dominate our own crowd,' because that's how it should be, and that's how it it's been for almost every game."

Henry said Friday that Games 1 and 2 of the playoff series were near sellouts, and that was before Nashville's opponent was even known.

But the test of how well the Preds' ticket measures have worked will be determined Wednesday, when the team plays Game 1 of the series at Bridgestone Arena.

"We want to make sure our fans have the first and last chance at those tickets, so they're sitting in a sea of gold, and so that our players go back to having one of the best home records in hockey," Henry said. "Our players really respond to that."

Those pesky Hawks fans

i'm not looking forward to watching the Hawks try and figure out Pekka Rinne, but I think this years playoffs is going to be fun to watch.

depending on who wins

Acid08

Banned
you're a beaut, Quick

Canadiens Senators in 7
Lightning Red Wings in 5
Rangers Penguins in 5
Islanders Capitals in 7

Ducks Jets in 6
Canucks Flames in 7
Wild Blues in 7
Predators Blackhawks in 6

Red_Man

Drake just Brought Madonna out on stage at Coachella and she's trying to seduce the crowd with her vagina. Wut.

Edit : Annnnnndddd they made out. Ok then.

zroid

Banned
I put the Perds over the Hawks in my bracket but with Kane coming back... hmmmm

I need the Perds to lose in the 1st round anyway... so the draft pick is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom