• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ever see Winnipeg in the winter?

rooftop_snow_removal_Winnipeg-300x225.jpg
Wrong. Thats Winnipeg during summer.

calder

Devastating, and so predictable after Trouba just froze weirdly and half decided to try to freeze the puck. Classic '14 Jets, let's hope next year Maurice can finally cure them of their incredible late period defensive collapses.

Congrats to Ducks GAF on series sweep.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Devastating, and so predictable after Trouba just froze weirdly and half decided to try to freeze the puck. Classic '14 Jets, let's hope next year Maurice can finally cure them of their incredible late period defensive collapses.

This is nowhere near over, my friend.

you think this silence will last, its not the pond buddy

Pond was raucous the whole time breh. Not like this of course, but it sure wasn't the Staples Center.

Do not speak such pessimistic thoughts. This game and series ain't over yet!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ducks if you're not going to use Sekac can you give him back please?

We'll give you number one centre David Desharnais.

oh my god who gives a fuck about military shit

Cherry getting off to our worst players. I shouldn't be surprised.

DERE YER BOYS THAT STEP UP COS YOUR STARS ARE GONNA HAVE A NIGHT OFF

so he's a healthy scratch?

thought he might have gotten hurt.

or maybe they think he's not a good fit for this series?

It's Depth Management. These are the guys you want rested so that when it's time for them to step up, they're good for it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Probably the same reason Therrien didn't like him: he's talented but doesn't play physical. With how physical this series has been, I'm not that surprised he's scratched especially considering he's still getting used to NA ice.

It's a good thing the Canadian Military has a victory to be proud about.

Australia just faps for over 100 years about Gallipoli - an invasion by the ANZACS where we got our asses kicked. It's a good thing we made 50 billion fucking movies about it and have corporations exploiting it to promote and sell products.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Probably the same reason Therrien didn't like him: he's talented but soft. With how physical this series has been, I'm not that surprised he's scratched especially considering he's still getting used to NA ice.

I didn't find him soft. He didn't throw big hits but wouldn't shy away from the corners and was great along the boards(where Montreal spends 90% of the game).

Inexperience and small size. They put in Etem ahead of Sekac for his PK skills while Nate Thompson is out.

Wiz is out because he never developed chemistry with Fowler or Vatanen.

What a luxury to be able to add them in when we feel like it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I didn't find him soft. He didn't throw big hits but wouldn't shy away from the corners and was great along the boards(where Montreal spends 90% of the game).

It could be as simple as the fact that a quick, high skill guy at 100% could be a game changer if this series drags on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's not soft, but he doesn't run around racking up 10 hits a game which seems to be a big part of this series, the play style of this series doesn't seem to really fit him I don't think. Having a health Sekac in your back pocket for round 2 or 3 is pretty nice to have too.

I can't believe the Habs ended up being the winner in that trade, I still think DSP is shit though.
It will be a few years before we know who won this trade. Both guys are very young and still have some developing to do. I still think Sekac will be the better player.

fallout

Australia just faps for over 100 years about Gallipoli - an invasion by the ANZACS where we got our asses kicked. It's a good thing we made 50 billion fucking movies about it and have corporations exploiting it to promote and sell products.
I doubt this was your intention, but I had no idea that was a thing in Australia and am now fascinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom