• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroGravity

What a fucking awful performance. Maybe Cooper will actually learn how to make adjustment now instead of just assuming everything will work the same the whole series.

Cindro

I am *loving* this Scott Darling underdog angle that broadcasters are gleefully lapping up. He's a likable kid, and I like his story of being an alcoholic that was on a destructive path until he gave up the juice for good in 2011. He's also a fellow ginger with a beard that's waaay more impressive than mine (though he's not as handsome, so it balances out). As solid as Crawford is, I think Darling could be a cheaper long-term alternative for the Blackhawks with the salary cap.

Crazy Bread is life.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

kHLmp3i3RtUFG.gif

WINGS WIN. PIZZA FOR ALL

All they do is win win win no matter what

zroid

Banned
What a fucking awful performance. Maybe Cooper will actually learn how to make adjustment now instead of just assuming everything will work the same the whole series.

it wasn't really that bad. i mean the PP was bad, but that's normal. after the bad start, Lightning were pretty good.

tbh neither team really got that many great chances, it was a pretty well defended game on both sides. the ones Tampa got just happened to hit posts, and Mrazek stopped a few more than Bishop.

edit:
AEUcy37.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not sure if Babcock's coaching is that good, or if the Lightning are showing more signs of inexperience. They looked pretty meh tonight.

I have been out pessimist! :O

Why can't we have 3rd periods like that all the time? Finally a full 60 minute effort tonight and it payed off, also...

MRAZEK SHUTOUT ALL OVER!!!!

Cindro

I wasn't paying attention, what are these squids?
... speaking of, if anyone wants to Splatoonify my Coach Q Charitar, I wouldn't be opposed... (this is definitely not the thread to ask for this)

Arkham Knight and Splatoon will be the top two GotY candidates.

Irfaan Gaffar @sportsnetirf

#Canuck lines in warmup: McMillan with twins. No Baertschi. 22-33-21 20-13-17 27-7-51 41-53-36

well
it was a good series
glad the canucks didn't get swept at least

He consented to a pat-down with over 3 grams of coke and over 8 grams of MDMA in his swim trunks, and then nonchalantly identified the drugs to the bouncer. The idiot thought they were just going to knowingly let him walk in with it.

That's So Stoll.

Plus why the fuck are you walking around with drugs in your goddamn swim shorts. You're gonna get them wet you idiot. You know how long it takes to dry out powder? AND DISSOLUBLE GEL CAPS!? Fucking idiot.

This should be offseason btw. Anything Kings is offseason, and I love keeping it that way. Offseason. Kings. Kings. Offseason. They're in the offseason right now.

TOFTERYD coffee table. Only thing not Ikea there is the couch and chair (which I went a bit crazy on). And of course electronics and statues (they are characters from my 2nd favourite novel - Three Kingdoms).

Ikea is like the best place to get nice modern furniture for extremely low prices. You can make Ikea look high end.

Ikea is literally cheap plywood pleb trash.

Please. I'm a suit up guy

YOUR APARTMENT IS FILLED WITH IKEA

You can't pretend to be someone prestigious if you have a goddamn apartment packed with Ikea.

Fox Sports has been playing that Ryan Getzlaf special like six times per day, thus I've watched it four or five times by now. It's excellent.

I want in on that.

trifelife

Irfaan Gaffar @sportsnetirf

#Canuck lines in warmup: McMillan with twins. No Baertschi. 22-33-21 20-13-17 27-7-51 41-53-36

well
it was a good series
glad the canucks didn't get swept at least

Oh God

I've seen him in warmup a few times and got pretty worried, but he always ended up in the press box.

Now the nightmare is real

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have been out pessimist! :O

Why can't we have 3rd periods like that all the time? Finally a full 60 minute effort tonight and it payed off, also...

MRAZEK SHUTOUT ALL OVER!!!!

This.

Lines were perfect tonight. If Holland lets Babcock leave over money, he needs to be fired.

zroid

Banned
If he does leave, we do have Blash who is pretty much just Babs Jr., heck the guy sounds almost exactly like him in tone and in what he says.

I'm actually sorta hoping the Leafs get Blashill >_>

I mean I'd love Babcock but being realistic it's not the right fit for him or the team currently

edit: and apparently he's from Sault Ste. Marie. DUBAS!

Go look up some interviews from both, they are pretty dang similar which is both amazing and scary.

I'm actually sorta hoping the Leafs get Blashill >_>

I mean I'd love Babcock but being realistic it's not the right fit for him or the team currently

edit: and apparently he's from Sault Ste. Marie. DUBAS!

The Leafs aren't getting Blash or Babs, you can have T-Mac though who was assistant to Babs before becoming a head coach.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Go look up some interviews from both, they are pretty dang similar which is both amazing and scary.
I'm laughing because Babcock is one of the best coaches in the NHL for the last decade plus, and trying to correlate their coaching abilities with the words they say is pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom