• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveWire

We also played Games 6 and 7 as a home and home back to back when we were down 3-2 against the Capitals a couple years ago.

Ask the Caps how that went.

Thankfully the Rags are getting tossed in the garbage this year.

NHL Semis V 12-12 (.500) 24-0 (1.000) (from whowins.com)

Since 1905, no team that played Game 1 on the road and had a 3-1 series lead in the NHL Conference Semfinals entering game 5, has ever lost the series. EVER.

That means the Rangers are done. So may the Caps too, especially if they let this series slip to 7 games and then are too tired for the ECF. But there is NO WAY the Rangers will win this series.

Anyway, I'm excited for the Lightning-Capitals ECF, who says the 'ol Southeast Division sucks now?

I'm scared of Stamkos. :(

delta25

Banned
Everyone's probably sick of hearing about it now, but Sportsnet did a thing on the Flames non-goal. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how-geometry-created-the-illusion-of-a-flames-goal/

basically they're saying it was an illusion that the puck had crossed the line, due to the geometry of where the line is painted relative to the ice surface (like an inch and a half below). never mind that the puck may have been airborne at the time. that's why using the available camera angles, it was deemed inconclusive even though it looked like it had crossed the line.

Demonstration:

W4FMH7R.png

eGZRUAP.png

LyIBWSl.png

1PewH14.png

overtheline.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thankfully the Rags are getting tossed in the garbage this year.

NHL Semis V 12-12 (.500) 24-0 (1.000) (from whowins.com)

Since 1905, no team that played Game 1 on the road and had a 3-1 series lead in the NHL Conference Semfinals entering game 5, has ever lost the series. EVER.

That means the Rangers are done. So may the Caps too, especially if they let this series slip to 7 games and then are too tired for the ECF. But there is NO WAY the Rangers will win this series.

Anyway, I'm excited for the Lightning-Capitals ECF, who says the 'ol Southeast Division sucks now?

I'm scared of Stamkos. :(
The Rangers had never come back from a 3-1 series deficit of any kind in franchise history...until last year.

There's a first for everything.

It's also happened 7 times in the past that a team has gone done 3-1 in the series after losing Game 1 at home and won the series, just in other rounds of the playoffs.

The Capitals are also only 6-4 in franchise history in series in which they hold a 3-1 lead.

So it's not like it's impossible. It's just highly highly highly unlikely.

This series is nothing like last year's series against the Pens, though. Or, much more accurately, these Capitals are nothing like last year's Penguins.

zroid

Banned
Well, considering how much the Lightning mailed in it last night, they should be pretty fresh for their b2b game today!

Not gonna lie I don't have much faith for the Habs tonight. Either they come in already checked out for the summer or the bring their A game and surprise everyone. I'm hoping for the latter but expecting the former.

Therrien is in the first year of a 4-year contract. A 100+ point season and the second round won't get him fired. The Habs would probably have to miss the playoffs next season to get him canned, and that's hard to do with the best goalie in the league and a Norris winner.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Therrien is in the first year of a 4-year contract. A 100+ point season and the second round won't get him fired. The Habs would probably have to miss the playoffs next season to get him canned, and that's hard to do with the best goalie in the league and a Norris winner.

Fuck you dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom