• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The ducks whipped out their weird looking benis and scared the flames.

Slide_zpsvhxxletm.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zucc after Mac's winner (seemingly recorded with a potato):

B4VpYxP.gif

That's the look of a man who has some people to kill before the night is done.

zedge

That losing streak is literally worthless and means nothing tho, all it's worth is some interesting trivia for the color commentator to rattle off.

Maybe if it was the same team or the same anything besides a fucking building it would matter.

I know. I'll try to be more positive. :( This one stings more than the last.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Best bit from the postgame interviews:

Reporter: "You were adamant about getting your D involved in the offense, is that kind of a-"
AV: "You think we overdid it on their first goal?"

I used to kinda enjoy the presser stuff because I hadn't seen playoff hockey from my team in six years but everything is almost copy and pasted in every press conference. Why do they even do this shit? Especially with the teams remaining, no one is fucking around.

As a sidebar I cannot even believe we are one of 7 teams still playing hockey this season, I'd have never thought we'd have made it this far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Heading to Montreal now. If I don't post in the next couple of days, I died in the riots.

Godspeed Habs-GAF, see you on the other side.

zroid

Banned
Go Flames.

They did suck at possession this year, but it's not like they're doomed for mediocrity. Wideman/Russell are dragging the team down in that regard (played the most minutes, and are the worst players on the team possession-wise) and Monahan needs to develop.

Yap, unless Burke has a "Summer of Clarkson" type of offseason, Calgary is only going to get better. Possession aside, they've shown everyone they can beat you with their speed/skill. Now if they develop their possession game it will be sustainable and they'll be a force for years.

zroid

Banned
Their salary cap situation is insane. The majority of the team are on ELC or RFA contracts, and they have only one player being paid over 5 million (Wideman)

true, it's going to be hard to screw that up

hopefully their management doesn't start to value the wrong player attributes anyway. a flawed vision is the one thing that can ruin any team, no matter how positive their outlook.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I remember the "this is the beginning, we're only going to be better next year, boys!" speeches from Dallas and Colorado fans last year, too.

calder

Calgary has some good defencemen.
Their underlying numbers are worse than the Avs were, and just as importantly they got a lot of help from the Pacific being much worse than expected. But long term they should be an improving team based on their young talent, but I'd be shocked if they didn't take a few steps back next year.

Calamari41

41 > 38
A Carlyle-led Sharks squad and a Kings squad with a Voynov whose name has been fully cleared next year will make the Playoff Flames a footnote in history.

Pikma

Banned
I remember the "this is the beginning, we're only going to be better next year, boys!" speeches from Dallas and Colorado fans last year, too.
Ha! shame on you, We we finished with one point more this year, of course we're only getting better.

Seriously, I think we really are getting better, not sure if that better will be enough for next season though, for this past season it's really obvious it wasn't.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ha! We we finished with one point more this year, of course we're only getting better.

Seriously, I think we really are getting better, not sure if that better will be enough for next season though, for this past season it's really obvious it wasn't.

That's the whole thing though, more than half of the other teams are getting better every year too. It's about utilizing your GM of the Year skills to outpace everyone else.

zroid

Banned
Right, to be clear, when I said the Flames were going to "get better", I meant long-term, and in terms of their on-ice performance. Obviously they will regress in the standings next season. :p

ZeroGravity

Looks like Morrow will be back in the lineup in place of Drouin, because of course.

Lightning will play better tonight but Montreal will likely win. Like the Detroit series, you won't see the best of this team until their backs start getting closer to the wall.

Looks like Morrow will be back in the lineup in place of Drouin, because of course.

Lightning will play better tonight but Montreal will likely win. Like the Detroit series, you won't see the best of this team until their backs start getting closer to the wall.

Well.. We can't know for sure.

I have this gut feeling you guys are gonna end this tonight.

Renaud Lavoie
‏@renlavoietva

#canadiens Nathan Beaulieu is skating with Tom Gilbert. Looks like he'll be back tonight. #tvasports

So.... Pateryn Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom