• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

Marvie_3

Banned
What players are You guys are willing to let go in the off season?

Bickell/Versteeg - I'd happily give away for nothing. Cap space from moving them is more valuable than anything we'd get back for them.

Sharp - Most likely to get traded this offseason. His value isn't going to be any higher than it is now. If we hang on to him and he has another season like he did this year, his value is going to tank.

Seabrook - Not likely to get traded but he's getting more and more inconsistent every year. He has one more year left on his deal and unless he's willing to take a sizeable discount, I'd be completely open to moving him. Like Sharp, his value isn't going to be any higher than it is now.

Crawford - As with Seabrook, unlikely to get dealt, but I'd be open to this too. I like him but taking his $6M off the books going forward would allow the Hawks to ice a lot deeper team. Darling is signed for dirt cheap and has shown he can play well. If Chicago can get an even better defense in front of him, it'd only help him more. Raanta is a solid backup and paying ~$1.3M for a goaltending duo, even if it's a slight step down, is better to me than paying $6.5M+.

Kruger - Likely to get re-signed but if he asks for too much money, I'd deal his RFA rights. He's gotten much better on faceoffs/defense and is willing to take all kinds of hits to make plays, but he's never going to be more than a 4th line center/PKer. He's signed for something like $1.3M right now. If he wants more than $1.5-6M, I'd let him go.

Guys like Rozsival, Richards are highly unlikely to be brought back and RFAs like Nordstrom and Rundblad shouldn't be brought back. The Hawks have more than enough NHL ready prospects to fill holes in the roster.

Marvie_3

Banned
jbbQt8SLcD2Ol2.jpg

Top Bottom