• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

zroid

Banned
hockey is completely ridiculous a lot of the time and this series perfectly represents that

aaaand that's why it's so great

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
EwzZYo4.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TOI for Rangers defensemen tonight:

Dan Girardi - 20:44
Marc Staal - 20:32
Dan Boyle - 20:10
Ryan McDonagh - 20:04
Keith Yandle - 18:16
Kevin Klein - 17:43

Dat balance.

billeh

Seabrook - 28:56
Keith - 28:04
Oduya - 19:20
Hjalmarsson - 19:01
Cumiskey - 8:51
Timonen - 6:50

Dat ...uhhhh...
Overblown. Q has leaned on his top 4 in previous runs, and the media needs a narrative now that Crawford has settled in a bit. Anaheim's top guys are taking more minutes as well, it's just not as glaring since their bottom two aren't mostly useless.

Marvie_3

Banned
Overblown. Q has leaned on his top 4 in previous runs, and the media needs a narrative now that Crawford has settled in a bit. Anaheim's top guys are taking more minutes as well, it's just not as glaring since their bottom two aren't mostly useless.

This. We had bottom pairings made up of Sopel/Hendy/Boynton and Rozsival/Leddy/Brookbank during the two Cup runs. Sopel played a decent amount of minutes but the other two barely played. Q never trusted Leddy in the playoffs so he was low on minutes despite being the best skating defenseman Chicago had. When Keith was suspended that game in the Kings series, I think Brookbank had less than 10 shifts.

Now, the TOI wasn't quite as imbalanced as it has been this year but Chicago's top 4 have always had a heavy workload

#AIHL stuff.

Mustangs did well tonight, but the Ice did better.

Leads were back and forth. Ice came back in the 3rd to take the lead with 2 mins left, Mustangs couldn't take it back. Webster was being a shit. Wong was capitalising. The Ice had a shit looking powerplay and yet it still capatilised. That sounds familiar.

Still don't know why they do the Australian anthem.

hnzNbWQ.jpg

We got ice level standing area (I sat on a rail because I'm a badass).

BSBjTTS.jpg

And we stood, because it was sold out.

k57jqVU.jpg

Fun game nonetheless. 5-4 Ice. Not even mad.

uN42fAu.jpg

Australian hockey kicks butt.

BumRush

I'm not condoning that language or behavior at all, but unfortunately that happens with fans of every team (in all of sports), not just rangers.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm not condoning that language or behavior at all, but unfortunately that happens with fans of every team (in all of sports), not just rangers.

Seriously. If this person needed a fainting couch for that, they should be on their knees thanking God that they won't be playing the Kings in the finals.

~Kinggi~

Banned
AV needs to be bashing it into everyone that tomorrow TB is gonna come out hard after that blowout. Same thing kinda happened in the habs series where they lost real bad. Hopefully Henrik is back to normal, but to be fair a lot of the goals were guys all alone in front of the net, not much to be done. Needs to stop rebounds though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV needs to be bashing it into everyone that tomorrow TB is gonna come out hard after that blowout. Same thing kinda happened in the habs series where they lost real bad. Hopefully Henrik is back to normal, but to be fair a lot of the goals were guys all alone in front of the net, not much to be done. Needs to stop rebounds though.

I'm reminded a lot of what happened after Game 6 of the last round.

Change some quotes and a couple of minor details here, and this post from the previous playoffs thread still applies almost completely.

Just go and listen to Cooper and Stamkos talking after last night's game. They're not really wrong, but at the same time, they still lost by 4, on home ice, with a chance to practically put the series away.

ZeroGravity

Just go and listen to Cooper and Stamkos talking after last night's game. They're not really wrong, but at the same time, they still lost by 4, on home ice, with a chance to practically put the series away.
It's happened in every round. They have a chance to put their mark on a series and fall flat.

I keep saying it but this team, for whatever reason, can't put seem to put everything together until the pressure to win becomes real and their backs start getting close to the wall. And I think this is the series it might catch up with them because the Rangers are much better than the Wings or Canadiens.

If they lose Game 5, they'll likely have dug their own grave even if this goes to seven.

Marvie_3

Banned
You know if they win he'll get credit for these changes to the lineup. They'll completely ignore he switched them for game 3 for no reason.

I doubt it. In interviews since Game 3 he's been getting grilled about it and you can tell he was on the defensive when it came to his stupid mistakes. Hopefully they'll be saying that if the Hawks win tonight, they could have potentially had a 3-1 going back to Anaheim. We'll see I guess.

Stealing this quote from HF about Q's decisions because it sums it up perfectly:

Taking a dump on the floor and then cleaning it up doesn't make you any less dumb for taking the dump there in the first place.

Giggzy

It's so quiet in here. I'm not ready to join the losers thread though.

Ducks lineup is staying the same tonight, no surprise there. It's crazy to bet against the Hawks in the Madhouse in such an important game, but I do feel strangely confident about this one. I predict a 3-2 OT win

Marvie_3

Banned

Ducks lineup is staying the same tonight, no surprise there. It's crazy to bet against the Hawks in the Madhouse in such an important game, but I do feel strangely confident about this one. I predict a 3-2 OT win

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18244-1375460322-0.gif

Cindro

Save a horse, kill a duck! Or something!

Coach Q bringing his hardcore hockey mind back into the foray tonight by reverting back to the game 2 lineup. Hawks are going to win tonight, thanks to Q getting back to leading an aggressively smart charge.

Marvie_3

Banned
Save a horse, kill a duck! Or something!

Coach Q bringing his hardcore hockey mind back into the foray tonight by reverting back to the game 2 lineup. Hawks are going to win tonight, thanks to Q getting back to leading an aggressively smart charge.

ibyjKksQOEGznC.gif

Go Ducks!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Fucking white balance NBC

Ah, okay, it's fixed; they must have seen my post.

Top Bottom