• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

I have never seen a game like that. TB was playing for overtime with 2 minutes left. Despite having a franchise QB and timeouts. CAR forced them to play for the win by calling timeouts, then gave them 15 yards just to make sure. Bucs won by being stupid
It was a pretty incredible series of events.

*waves hello at Panthers-GAF*

i0jW2IR.gif

:)
Ain't y'all lose to the bucs

Mindlog

I have never seen a game like that. TB was playing for overtime with 2 minutes left. Despite having a franchise QB and timeouts. CAR forced them to play for the win by calling timeouts, then gave them 15 yards just to make sure. Bucs won by being stupid
Complete truth. The Evans first down still boggles my mind. There was so much awful in play. I want to read some deep dives on this game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like the vikes and Winston

It's just shameful that they're not putting the game on Winston's shoulders in his second season.

Is he a #1 pick or is he just another average guy?

Like squicken said, if he's not the guy cut him loose. You can get some decent draft picks for him still.

gogosox82

The play calling from TB at the end was unreal. "Hey guys, Let's try to play for overtime even though we have a franchise QB and two to's left". Unbelievable. They are quite lucky they won that game.

The play calling from TB at the end was unreal. "Hey guys, Let's try to play for overtime even though we have a franchise QB and two to's left". Unbelievable. They are quite lucky they won that game.

How about Rivera calling those timeouts? Did he really expect or even trust DA to go 50 yards in 40 seconds with no timeouts?

Just mind boggling displays of ineptitude by everybody on the field.

squicken

CudPcp-VIAAPny1.jg

They called this OOB with 2 refs looking at the play lmao

Yeah and that is kinda of low on the awfulness of this game. Both QBs were bad. The coaches were bad. Koetter was dumb but how does Evans catch that 3rd down pass when he's the only WR on the field?

idk what happened but I guess the players are tuning Rivera out

Syrinx

To quote FDR:

"A shitty win is still a win, especially when you get to rub Grovo's big nose in it"

So suck it, bitches, we comin'!

Like squicken said, if he's not the guy cut him loose. You can get some decent draft picks for him still.

Send him to the browns for a pair of 2nd round picks and a third. They need more QBs on their injured list, and I don't think any free agent is dumb enough to sign there anymore this season.

gogosox82

How about Rivera calling those timeouts? Did he really expect or even trust DA to go 50 yards in 40 seconds with no timeouts?

Just mind boggling displays of ineptitude by everybody on the field.

Rivera probably wasn't even thinking that far ahead honestly. He's always been a horrible at time management.

Gurrry

I was down 3 heading into tonight. He had Derek Anderson, I had Jacquizz.

I won by 4 points.

Completely unreal. I am in shock. I cant believe I won.

lol. Last year was fun while it lasted. At least I don't have to worry about a late season or post-season let down now. Shula needs to go and DE/OT should be the main targets this offseason.

Slurmer

Banned
lol. Last year was fun while it lasted. At least I don't have to worry about a late season or post-season let down now. Shula needs to go and DE/OT should be the main targets this offseason.

These are the perks of knowing your team is garbage early in the season. Hopefully they bench Cam next week too. Theres really no reason to rush him back at this point.

Bowser

y'all know in typical Panther fashion we will start 1-7 and then go on a late season run, finish 7-9, and end up picking 14th or 15th in the draft again.

Pepiope

Rivera complaining about the face mask. Lol

He should watch the Eagles lions game for some real bad officiating. Those refs couldn't even tell the difference between offense and defense :(

Slurmer

Banned
y'all know in typical Panther fashion we will start 1-7 and then go on a late season run, finish 7-9, and end up picking 14th or 15th in the draft again.

Don't forget that we'll be in a win and get in the playoffs scenario at the end of the season and Gano will miss the winning kick. But after showing such perseverance, Shula and Rivera are rewarded with lifetime contracts.

Bowser

Rivera complaining about the face mask. Lol

He should watch the Eagles lions game for some real bad officiating. Those refs couldn't even tell the difference between offense and defense :(

Yeah I dunno why he's taking issue with that, it was a clear facemask.

Top Bottom