• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

tmdorsey

Falcons signing A.J. Hawk. Take that ez/weinke and the rest of Packers-GAF!

:-| Devandere comeback soon pls!

This week was supposed to be fun. Endless repartee.
Can't speak ill of the dead.
What happened?

I don't know friend.

Life hits you fast, I guess.

One minute you're dabbing in team pictures in the middle of games and the next, you're back to irrelevance as a franchise.

I don't even have the heart to troll the Jolly Rogers right now. Michael Oher drained all my lifeforce.

Dude it's part of Peps gimmick.

He was doing the same for Bradford last year.

This is different! This isn't necessarily delusion!

They just blew out what many considered the best team in football. It's the most impressive win of the entire year.

What if he's right?

I don't know friend.

Life hits you fast, I guess.

One minute you're dabbing in team pictures in the middle of games and the next, you're back to irrelevance as a franchise.

I don't even have the heart to troll the Jolly Rogers right now. Michael Oher drained all my lifeforce.
God.. you're weak.. you hit a downswing like this and you wanna roll over and die? Shit.. see that happening to BG, Kave or Kave and I..

You gotta shake it off.,

I need disrespectful Grova back.. not this broken shadow of his former self.. get it together man.

This is different! This isn't necessarily delusion!

They just blew out what many considered the best team in football. It's the most impressive win of the entire year.

What if he's right?
Then we really really really fucked up in a previous life.

Hindl

Then we really really really fucked up in a previous life.

Fuck you Floy! You hate the Steelers more than any other team and the eagles embarrassed them in their worst loss in 27 years. You should be praising them!

Luck has gotten within one game of the sb with no supporting cast and a Terrible head coach.

If I'm getting draft Luck vs draft Wentz I'm taking Luck no question. But current Luck vs current Wentz is different. After years of shitty coaching and either dying behind that OL or running for his life, I feel that Luck has gotten some bad habits and injuries imprinted onto him, whereas Wentz is pretty much a blank slate and playing excellently. It's still close, but I'd rather have 10 years to shape Wentz then 5-6 with a possibly broken Luck.

squicken

When Beckham tells reporters he isn't having fun anymore, he had to know that's just going to encourage people to keep trying to get in his head. What a weird dude. Kinda reminds me of TO with how just out of control he gets emotionally

Spinluck

I will trade you Wentz for him.

I change my mind.

I offer Pagano and Grigson instead. Going once, going twice!

If I'm getting draft Luck vs draft Wentz I'm taking Luck no question. But current Luck vs current Wentz is different. After years of shitty coaching and either dying behind that OL or running for his life, I feel that Luck has gotten some bad habits and injuries imprinted onto him, whereas Wentz is pretty much a blank slate and playing excellently. It's still close, but I'd rather have 10 years to shape Wentz then 5-6 with a possibly broken Luck.

I don't think you've watched much of Luck this season and that you're using last year when Luck was fucked up as reference.

Luck has improved greatly in his decision making. He cut down the bone headed throws, and most of the time is the only reason the Colts are ever in games (outside of TY, and Vinny). He's in a really bad place right now, we're wasting him.

Irsay entrusted Pagano and Grigson with Luck's prime and this is the end result. Our roster is trash.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
When Beckham tells reporters he isn't having fun anymore, he had to know that's just going to encourage people to keep trying to get in his head. What a weird dude. Kinda reminds me of TO with how just out of control he gets emotionally

I dont recall TO ever letting it affect his actual play. But maybe.

Here you go FMT!

F4wTnL1.gif

Zeke

Dude has so much talent but comes off as a mental midget.
Edit: so FMT is Steve Urkel?

Hindl

I don't think you've watched much of Luck this season and that you're using last year when Luck was fucked up as reference.

Luck has improved greatly in his decision making. He cut down the bone headed throws, and most of the time is the only reason the Colts are ever in games (outside of TY, and Vinny). He's in a really bad place right now, we're wasting him.

Irsay entrusted Pagano and Grigson with Luck's prime and this is the end result. Our roster is trash.

Yeah, fair enough, I haven't watched a ton of his games this year. I do know he's getting no help from his receivers or his defense. Tons of drops in that Jags game. And Wentz in the same situation would be in a much worse state. In no way am I saying Wentz is better than Luck, and like I said if I had the choice of drafting either it would be Luck no question. But at the very least, Wentz is younger than Luck and is showing a lot of the intangibles Luck has. His mechanics just aren't nearly as polished, he's still raw as a passer, and is obviously below Luck. I guess I'm more worried about the injuries he's accumulated than anything else. Broken bones, ACL tears, fine. But he's had some internal organ damage, and that just freaks me out a bit. Obviously that's a result of the turnstiles masquerading as the Colts OL, but still. I guess I'm just looking more into the longterm future.

Dude has a problem. Yeah it's funny to watch gifs of him getting smacked down by kicker's netting but the guy was crying on the sidelines while the Giants had the LEAD.

He doesn't address this and it's only going to get worse from here. OOL worse.

Doomsayer

Since the game between the Giants and the Panthers last year, Odell Beckham hasn't scored a touchdown. I don't think its a coincidence that once Norman put out the blueprint he's been taken out of his game. Dude is so talented, but he is absolutely psychotic.

After years of being ran all over, it seems criminal seeing the Packers as the top run defense, even if thru 4 weeks.

Rodgers looked more willing to get the ball out last week, and that's a necessary step to improve the offense, but they were still gifted some points and I need to see more before I pick the Packers over anyone.
Pass D will get better over the year (how much better will determine if they end up being a mediocre D or a legitimately good one), not all that worried about it. Definitely not apocalyptic about it like most Packer fans seem to be...

Agreed that the offense is still a concern. I like what was said about stretching the field with some of the young guys, and I liked that we took some shots against Detroit. But it was Detroit. Against an actual professional NFL team things will probably not go so smoothly.

Janis has two hands again, will be interesting to see if we work him in. I'd like to see Davante on the bench (or start catching everything, but that seems unlikely), but that requires one of Janis/Davis/??? to step up and be a consistent one on one deep threat.

After 4 weeks, time to grade the Raiders big free agency signings:

Kelechi Osemele: Worth every penny. He's an absolute mauler, tossing guys around left and right. No sacks against and only one penalty, he's great

Sean Smith: Just an absolute roller coaster. The first two weeks were an disaster, but he's been much better the last two weeks. With that said, the Ravens and Titans are not exactly explosive offenses, so he's still a giant question mark.

Bruce Irvin: 2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, not too shabby. He gets caught up field on his pass rush too much and goes into stretches where he's invisible, but he's about what I expected

After 4 weeks, time to grade the Raiders big free agency signings:

Kelechi Osemele: Worth every penny. He's an absolute mauler, tossing guys around left and right. No sacks against and only one penalty, he's great

Sean Smith: Just an absolute roller coaster. The first two weeks were an disaster, but he's been much better the last two weeks. With that said, the Ravens and Titans are not exactly explosive offenses, so he's still a giant question mark.

Bruce Irvin: 2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, not too shabby. He gets caught up field on his pass rush too much and goes into stretches where he's invisible, but he's about what I expected
Where's Reggie's trophy for Exec of the Year?

Top Bottom