• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Palance1.gif
Palance1.gif

Palance1.gif
Palance1.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What happens if Kave escapes the shame circle?!

One day it'll happen, we just don't know when that'll be:

Blue Jays make the playoffs back to back years after 22 years of nothing.
Raptors make the Eastern Conference Finals last season
Leafs get the #1 pick in the draft and a stud.
Browns get Hue Jackson and from what I understand somehow BG did it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fellow olds, come reminisce on 90s hip-hop and R&B with me and Frozenprince in the Vince Staples Norf Norf thread!

Striker

Make sure to get him the ball early so he is happy?

That is some TO type shit. Be happy if you win.

I would trade someone like that. You are not winning with a guy on the team who requires that much attention.
They aren't winning anything if he isn't going to be involved. He knows he's a top talent. Why is the playcalling not taking more advantage of his talents? They did a great job of it last year and that had garbage like Rueben Randle and Preston Parker. They target below avg TE's and backs too much for my liking. Granted, Odell was awful vs. MIN so it isn't one side's fault. Chad and Steve Smith are exactly like that. I don't see any negative remarks Odell has made about his teammates or doing workouts on his front lawn.

He has said times before all he wants to do is win. Crazy none of his antics were shown when they were 2-0 and he still wasn't putting up his usual statistics.

Striker

Ben McAdoo, calling the Giants’ offensive plays for a third straight season, accepted responsibility Tuesday for not targeting Odell Beckham Jr. enough in Monday night’s 24-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
So we'll see how it goes Sunday night. He was doubled often by Rhodes + Smith but you don't see Pitt going that long without a look to Brown. I expect he'll get a ton of targets early.

That said, these things are not a problem if they had an NFL caliber tight end.

bionic77

They aren't winning anything if he isn't going to be involved. He knows he's a top talent. Why is the playcalling not taking more advantage of his talents? They did a great job of it last year and that had garbage like Rueben Randle and Preston Parker. They target below avg TE's and backs too much for my liking. Granted, Odell was awful vs. MIN so it isn't one side's fault. Chad and Steve Smith are exactly like that. I don't see any negative remarks Odell has made about his teammates or doing workouts on his front lawn.

He has said times before all he wants to do is win. Crazy none of his antics were shown when they were 2-0 and he still wasn't putting up his usual statistics.
I don't think you can put a players needs above that of the team. It never ends well.

Just work your ass off and have faith that Eli will get you and everyone else the ball within the offensive system. This idea of forcing stuff to a guy to keep him happy is insane. I don't think any player, not even the qb, is that important to subvert the system. And it must be horrible for the makeup of the team if one guy gets preferential treatment in the offense.

MechDX

James PalmerVerified account
‏@JamesPalmerTV
Players of the week: AFC
O: Ben Roethlisberger
D: Zach Brown
ST: Will Fuller

NFC
O: Julio Jones
D: Aaron Donald
ST: Jon Ryan

Holy cow! A Texan gets Special Teams player of the week!

End of days...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So we'll see how it goes Sunday night. He was doubled often by Rhodes + Smith but you don't see Pitt going that long without a look to Brown. I expect he'll get a ton of targets early.

That said, these things are not a problem if they had an NFL caliber tight end.

I don't believe AB got a target the entire second half last Sunday. Different circumstances, but it happens.

What the hell is going on with Odell?

Millennial

We are an emotional bunch.
Lol at that "I'm not having fun anymore " comment, give me your height x skill bro and I'll be in the NFL and get paid to use sticky af gloves.

I've seen lots of people blame Eli 0_o , I hate that goober but 2 time champ Eli isn't the problem.

bionic77

I don't believe AB got a target the entire second half last Sunday. Different circumstances, but it happens.
Ben definitely spreads the ball around.

That honestly benefits everyone as it makes it harder to stop our offense and the defense cannot just key in on just one person.

Garrett is trying to restrict the info that gets out to the media ala Belichick. Only problem is that Jerry Jones goes on every radio show and answers anything they ask. Now Garrett is feuding with local reporters and they are trashing him lol.

MechDX

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1714007-will-fuller-v-locks-weekly-honor

On offense, Fuller led the team with seven receptions for 81 yards and a touchdown, as he became the first Texans player and fourth NFL rookie in the past 15 years to score a receiving and punt return touchdown in the same game, joining Tavon Austin, T.Y. Hilton and Dez Bryant.

Fuller is the first rookie in NFL history to notch 300-plus receiving yards and a punt return touchdown in his team's first four games of a season.

Amazing. I so hated that pick when it happened.

Sooner than later teams will start bracketing Fuller and should free up Hopkins for more one on ones.

Zeke

Witten is only 500yds shy of breaking Irvins franchise record for receiving yards 11,904.

Garrett is trying to restrict the info that gets out to the media ala Belichick. Only problem is that Jerry Jones goes on every radio show and answers anything they ask. Now Garrett is feuding with local reporters and they are trashing him lol.
Link?

I finally heard back from the head of recruiting today for the philadelphia school district. My appeal was denied so it looks like I am trapped in this miserable hellhole for the rest of my life, and my kids are going to grow up las vegans or whatever the fuck these horrible people call themselves. FML

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Look on the bright side, Yankee. If the Raiders move there, your kids will still learn how to throw batteries on the field!

Top Bottom