• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

squicken

Dude has a problem. Yeah it's funny to watch gifs of him getting smacked down by kicker's netting but the guy was crying on the sidelines while the Giants had the LEAD.

He doesn't address this and it's only going to get worse from here. OOL worse.

I agree. It's just sad now. He is beyond a strong talking to by teammates. He has a legit mental illness and needs some sort of help. Have to wonder if football is in the way of that

Rewatching the Steelers Chiefs game..

Second half is so hard to get through. Steelers were up 29 points by halftime. Chiefs players had already given up and it's noticeable.

bionic77

lol you don't get to quote TDK now. And Trump has nothing to do with the Pats, leave that filthy swine out of it. Plus you want the Pats to do well so we all get a classic Pats Steelers playoff matchup.
Nothing to do with the Pats? Trump is a huge Brady and Pats fan and Brady actually had a Trump hat and wore it around until his wife made him put it away. I believe Kraft is also a Pats supporter and while I don't know if Bill even knows there is an election, if he did he would totally be in the tank for Trump.

Also the Pats and Steelers have never played in the playoffs. And I don't want that to change this year. Learn yo history yo.

BigAT

Oh, are we posting our sweet Forza rides?

jfAW4Rm.gif

squicken

Of the current 30 QBs with the most attempts this season, what is the only college to have more than one representative?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What happened

...what? you're acting like he's tim tebow or odell beckham.

No I'm not saying they should seriously consider dropping him given his astronomical talent, but his health issues are a serious problem. When he was really struggling out the gate to start '14 I thought his career was seriously in jeopardy given the rumblings of - his back, arthritis in both wrists, surgically repaired knees, his back again, and supposedly at the beginning of '14 his problem was a hip issue which is almost as bad as back when it comes to career threatening injuries. People know his longevity in the league is HIGHLY questionable at best and it's always one thing or another.

That being said when he's right he's so far ahead of everyone else it makes it all disappear. The issue BTW is that his hamstring injury apparently isn't progressing much at all and they're not quite sure why. Hamstrings are dangerous, they also can derail careers (miles austin), so hopefully they're careful, but given his size and expolosiveness it's likely to linger the entire season.

squicken

I'll guess either NC State or Michigan State.

I'll go with NC State I guess.

It's arguable, but I consider Russ to be a Badger. You are right about Michigan State. Hoyer and Cousins. I thought it was interesting. There's no QB U. No college coach who can place guys into the pros. Just a dart board

e: Kessler and Briskett aren't in the top 30 attempts. Aaron Rodgers in 30th with 94 attempts and Kessler 31st with 73.

FTF

Nothing to do with the Pats? Trump is a huge Brady and Pats fan and Brady actually had a Trump hat and wore it around until his wife made him put it away. I believe Kraft is also a Pats supporter and while I don't know if Bill even knows there is an election, if he did he would totally be in the tank for Trump.

Also the Pats and Steelers have never played in the playoffs. And I don't want that to change this year. Learn yo history yo.

? They played in 2001 and 2004...plus I more meant it'd be a great game this year, not imply it'd be another classic game or anything. Though based on the results I can see you blocking them out of your memory.

Syrinx

It's arguable, but I consider Russ to be a Badger. You are right about Michigan State. Hoyer and Cousins. I thought it was interesting. There's no QB U. No college coach who can place guys into the pros. Just a dart board

e: Kessler and Briskett aren't in the top 30 attempts. Aaron Rodgers in 30th with 94 attempts and Kessler 31st with 73.
Was kinda crazy trying to think of it and realizing that basically every starting QB in the league is from a different school.

Forgot Kessler since I lost track of who is starting at QB for the Browns.

Striker

When Beckham tells reporters he isn't having fun anymore, he had to know that's just going to encourage people to keep trying to get in his head. What a weird dude. Kinda reminds me of TO with how just out of control he gets emotionally
Reminds me more of Chad Johnson, or Steve Smith to a degree. Smith was a guy who had a high temper and got into some fights (no one talked about it though). TO got emotional, but he was a guy who talked down on his QB's and caused a rift in the locker room. Chad was another emotional guy and wanted the ball because he knew he was a good player and would contribute to winning.

Odell will be fine if he goes out there and gets the ball early like you would expect from a top three WR in the league. The game planning has sucked balls thus far for the offense from McAdoo. It took 7 mins left in the first half, I believe, for him to finally get a target. That's nonsense.

bionic77

Reminds me more of Chad Johnson, or Steve Smith to a degree. Smith was a guy who had a high temper and got into some fights (no one talked about it though). TO got emotional, but he was a guy who talked down on his QB's and caused a rif in the locker room. Chad was another emotional guy and wanted the ball because he knew he was a good player and would contribute to winning.

Odell will be fine if he goes out there and gets the ball early like you would expect from a top three WR in the league. The game planning has sucked balls thus far for the offense from McAdoo. It took 7 mins left in the game, I believe, for him to finally get a target. That's nonsense.
Make sure to get him the ball early so he is happy?

That is some TO type shit. Be happy if you win.

I would trade someone like that. You are not winning with a guy on the team who requires that much attention.

"I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me..."

I see everyone has come to see OBJ for what he is. Last year people were jumping on me for calling him out for his behavior, just needed a few more prime time games for the world to see.

He's an entitled brat.

I see everyone has come to see OBJ for what he is. Last year people were jumping on me for calling him out for his behavior, just needed a few more prime time games for the world to see.

He's an entitled brat.
I remember that too and that was before the panthers game..

#Crocwasright

Spinluck

Yeah, fair enough, I haven't watched a ton of his games this year. I do know he's getting no help from his receivers or his defense. Tons of drops in that Jags game. And Wentz in the same situation would be in a much worse state. In no way am I saying Wentz is better than Luck, and like I said if I had the choice of drafting either it would be Luck no question. But at the very least, Wentz is younger than Luck and is showing a lot of the intangibles Luck has. His mechanics just aren't nearly as polished, he's still raw as a passer, and is obviously below Luck. I guess I'm more worried about the injuries he's accumulated than anything else. Broken bones, ACL tears, fine. But he's had some internal organ damage, and that just freaks me out a bit. Obviously that's a result of the turnstiles masquerading as the Colts OL, but still. I guess I'm just looking more into the longterm future.

Fair enough, there is reason for concern with him resting a lot more in practices now and sometimes not even throwing at all.

Wentz looks good, I think it's unfair to compare the two since Wentz is just now completing a quarter of 1 season. But the future looks bright.

I was listening to the radio and one guys asked if you would rather have Odell or Jarvis coming out of Lsu looking back now?

Someone should find their stat comparisons (not me)

Top Bottom