• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Razzie nominations are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Was I the only one who liked Redmayne's performance in JA? Reminded me of Jeremy Irons in Dungeons and dragons, it was the right amount of ham for the film. Was well suited and certainly made things more interesting

wildfire

Banned
Worst Screen Combo

Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell (Fantastic Four)

Johnny Depp and his glued-on mustache (Mortdecai)

Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Kevin James and either his Segway or glued-on mustache (Paul Blart Mall Cop 2)

Adam Sandler and any pair of shoes (The Cobbler)

I love this idea for a category.

Stallone won a Golden Globe. How could he not win the Redeemer award?

I havent seen any of these movies, but I'd have thought Pixels would have been worth a watch. For the special effects and classic VG characters, if nothing else. Pacman looked cool in the trailer.

This thread has got me going back to look at previous winners. I still can't believe fucking Rambo II won the worst picture award back in 1985.

I'd like to see F4 get some recognition. Even ignoring the comics aspect, it's just a really poorly constructed movie. Everything is terrible. No redeeming qualities.

Micheal B Jordan was solid. Actually the whole cast was fine. It was literally everything else around them that failed.

Ridley327

Was Rooney Mara actually bad in Pan or is it just the movie sucking that gives her the nomination?

Most of the acting nominations for the Razzies are for being associated with a bad film, not that they were bad in it. That's how it's been for the longest time.

Cagey

Banned
Jupiter Ascending was an incredible, delightful, fantastical pile of shit and it's the best Final Fantasy game never made. I loved every second of that mess.

I had to suffer through the Fantastic Four movie on a plane and that movie stood out as horrible, even for a comic book movie, which I think are all bad. This was somehow far worse than the others.

Garlador

Razzies Redeemer Award
Sylvester Stallone

Sly_Stallone.gif

I'll be extremely shocked if he doesn't get this one for Creed. Utter redemption.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So the Razzie folks actually liked The Visit?

Razzies Redeemer Award

Elizabeth Banks

M. Night Shyamalan

Will Smith

Sylvester Stallone

This seems like the most interesting category but it could use why this are in the category (I had to watch the video to see it). Now I want to watch The Visit knowing that MNS came back to form, I am one of those that loved his movies outside the most obvious good ones, I think Signs and Lady in the Water are a lot better than what people think of them.

Aiii

So not worth it
So the Razzie folks actually liked The Visit?

You know it has a 63% fresh RT rating...
Critics Consensus: The Visit provides horror fans with a satisfying blend of thrills and laughs -- and also signals a welcome return to form for writer-director M. Night Shyamalan.
Razzies are hardly alone in this.

I'll take offense at the Dakota Johnson nominee. She does everything in her power to try and redeem that role. Its not her fault.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fifty Shades is a competently made movie that is just boring. And I thought Dakota Johnson did fine with the material. Her acting wasn't offensively bad, the character is just a mess. Still fell asleep twice watching it.

Compare that to something like Hot Tub Time Machine 2, which is just completly lazy. HTTM2 felt like something that they wrote in a week and hoped the actors would pad out with improvised lines.

explodet

Worst Screen Combo/Couple/Ensemble is my favorite category.
Nicolas Cage and his bear suit were robbed in 2006.

The only reason I hope Johnny Depp wins something is so he can show up in person and accept his award.

Fantastic Four needs to win every award. It's the only comic book super hero movie I simply couldn't bring myself to finish and I've pretty much seen all of them (including Catwoman...). It was just SO dull and boring and lifeless.

As for Eddie Redmayne, I thought he was fucking hilarious in Jupiter Ascending. He immediately joined my list of so bad they're good villains that include Jeremy Irons in Dungeons and Dragons and Raul Julia Street Fighter (although those two were much more entertaining of course).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Terminator Genysis is out,but Jupiter ascending is in?
Yeah right...

Eh, Genysis is a silly, dumb movie but it's at least entertaining. Jupiter Ascending is a fucking abomination.

Kibbles

Point Break was considerably worse than some of those nominees surprised it's not there. The movie was a giant waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom