• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
the Canadian forecheck was ridiculous just now

never has it been more obvious than when watching TNA and CAN that speed is the most potent tool for forechecking. physicality is way way down the ladder.

imBask

Banned
the Canadian forecheck was ridiculous just now

never has it been more obvious than when watching TNA and CAN that speed is the most potent tool for forechecking. physicality is way way down the ladder.

that comment would get you fired from 30 teams in the NHL

Cake Boss

Banned
This Canadian team is like a well run machine. Just constant pressure and puck support with an amazing transition game. The other team barely has time to think.

Isn't Pacioretty one of the best penalty killing forwards in the NHL? Where he at? They have fuckin JVR out there, I'm not even sure if he kills penalties on the leafs anymore.

calder

A few shifts ago the entire shift was like a PP, but it was 5 on 5. Reminded me strongly of Sochi when Canada looked somehow more dominant at even strength then on the powerplay.

yyzjohn

Banned
This Canadian team is like a well run machine. Just constant pressure and puck support with an amazing transition game. The other team barely has time to think.

This era of Canadian hockey is ridiculous. I mean Canada has always had the skill, I've seen great teams in the past, I remember 1987 with the two greatest players on the same line together, but the systems and coaching now are better then they've ever been. You combine all that skill with great systems and it's pretty much unbeatable.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate ESPN pulling no punches in tearing apart Team USA the way they deserve. It's a pretty refreshing change of pace.

ZeroGravity

1. Hire John Tortorella
2. Leave some of your most skilled forwards at home
3. Start the worst of your three goaltenders
4. ???
5. Round robin exit

zroid

Banned
USA dominating the grit game

f9883cc320e64a1081516043942a8d27.png

calder

Wow, sounds like we're missing out not hearing ESPN go in on this team during the intermission.

Kinda funny/sad how they can give absolutely no fucks what the NHL or any of the teams/players think so why not be brutally honest.

RC

Banned
A side note. I hate that we have so blue jays fans out west.
Cheer for the Mariners you fucking no nothing traitors.

No Toronto team represents Canada. None.

Holiday

Banned
Wow, sounds like we're missing out not hearing ESPN go in on this team during the intermission.

Kinda funny/sad how they can give absolutely no fucks what the NHL or any of the teams/players think so why not be brutally honest.
Parise was the interview during this intermission and Hull and Chelios were basically laughing at him afterward.

This era of Canadian hockey is ridiculous. I mean Canada has always had the skill, I've seen great teams in the past, I remember 1987 with the two greatest players on the same line together, but the systems and coaching now are better then they've ever been. You combine all that skill with great systems and it's pretty much unbeatable.

You even learned how to play on big ice! Before Sochi we Euros at least had a chance everytime olympics were played on big ice.

Just tuned in and the ESPN announcers are making this sound like the most boring thing ever. While talking about how much better the 96 World Cup was, and showing clips of the 96 World Cup, and wishing "Cheli" was out there now instead

Way to sell the product. (Granted it does seem like nothing is happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom