• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Let the taekes floooooooooow. Know what I'm going to do at work all morning - read some post mortems on a poorly constructed, terribly led hockey team.

But Babcock better toss some shit around that dressing room just to be sure, Canada basically stopped playing in the third.

BOOYEAH! Adios, star-spangled amigos. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

JVR can stay, though.

Haha, Torts. (I have a love/hate relationship with the guy, though. I remember how he was great to a kid with special needs in New York, so I will always respect him for that. But he's turned into a bit of a clown.)

I also kind of feel bad for some of the Americans since they have to play the Czechs for no reason.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Phil Kessel @PKessel81
Just sitting around the house tonight w my dog. Felt like I should be doing something important, but couldn't put my finger on it.

OMG even Kessel throwing shade!

A side note. I hate that we have so blue jays fans out west.
Cheer for the Mariners you fucking no nothing traitors.

No Toronto team represents Canada. None.

I've lived in BC for a long time and I've never met a Mariners fan. Lots of Shithawks fans but everyone loves their Blue Jays, especially after last year.

calder

god damn Phil they're already dead

ether-bottle-640.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That was a pretty ridiculous display of dominance and they simply phoned it in during the 3rd.

What stood out for me was the incredible passing. I'm way too use to panicked passing out of our zone or going for Hail Mary plays or passing and having the receiving player fumble it. Here it was all fast, crisp, tape to tape, and the passes were taken in stride.

On top of that, the Canadians had some incredible stick checking going on too. The Americans never really had a chance to settle down and get time to make plays since a Canadian player was already stick checking them or already had positioning.

I can't imagine being on that US team though and being down 3 goals and you have to beat Carey Price 4 more times to win the game. On the flip side, I don't think Quick was to blame for that loss; the speed, skill, positioning of Canada and the terrible defense of the US gave Canada a ton of chances.

If there is any consolation, the US will have Gaudreau, Eichel, Matthews, Jones and more for next time (even if we'll have McDavid, MacKinnon, Rielly, and could've still put Hall, Seguin, and Ekblad).

RC

Banned
Caught the game in a New York bar. No one gave a shit, but still fun

woah, Wendel account reactivated. Thought you quit us 😘😘😘

Saw the game at a hooters by Pearson airport. Surprisingly a good place to watch hockey and the food wasn't half bad either.

yyzjohn

Banned
Kane loves Torts:

I don’t know, I don’t know about that,” said Kane, who kept taking deep breaths, trying not to cry. “I mean, we had one bad game against Europe. I don’t even think we played bad tonight, to be honest with you. I mean, (John) Tortorella is one of the most passionate guys I’ve ever seen about hockey, and I’ll never say a bad thing about him. He’s just a great coach, and we didn’t show up for him. I feel bad in that sense, for sure.”

I actually went down to Distillery District yesterday to watch the game at Mill St. Brewery and check out the fan village. It was OK. Mostly a lot of "please give us your email and you can do this sorta interesting thing" like AR pictures, a 360° picture, small history section of the tournament, some skill games, etc. It was pretty quiet as late as 15mins before the game though...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Backes is soooooo salty about Kessel's tweet last night lmao

He'll fight right in on the Bruins

Edit: Parise & Stepan throwing salt too, this is amazing

zroid

Banned
Backes is soooooo salty about Kessel's tweet last night lmao

He'll fight right in on the Bruins

Edit: Parise & Stepan throwing salt too, this is amazing

only in hockey would there be this much fallout from one sarcastic but intentionally vague tweet

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would imagine most players on that team would have a problem with it
It was directed at management, not the players. I would be pissed too if I was an American and had to play with Abdelkader over Kessel.

Foggy

It was directed at management, not the players. I would be pissed too if I was an American and had to play with Abdelkader over Kessel.

Then it would've been more pointed before the game rather than after a bitter loss.

I'm 100% certain that's how Phil meant it, but as a player, after that loss, after getting mountains of sarcastic shit slung at you and then you read that? I can't say I'm surprised.

zroid

Banned
I love the tweet, but it wasn't vague.

What I mean is it didn't directly call anybody out. It's obvious what he's referring to but you can't point a finger at him.

like, the fact some USA players thought he was referring to them shows not everyone really understood the message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom