• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Rich!

I got it on release, the driving section was the worst i have played in any video game. Clunky controls and bad ai cars made completing the section near impossible.

Was an awesome game though, i loved how the trademark sounds (from Jack Bauer's pistol to the clock ticking over) from the show carried over into the game.

Yeah, Callery did all the music and sound design for the game too.

He also did the music for the best James Bond game of the era, Everything or Nothing.

Tugatrix

Do you have a PC? Last time I tried it worked absolutely fine on PCSX2.

Install PCSX2 and put the game into your dvd drive. Configure your resolution and controls and off you go

Off course I have a PC, I use the PCSX2 once and got a blue screen of death

But I'll try again for 24

Denton

That 24 game finishes second day, doesn't it? I remember being pissed off that Day 2 ended without real resolution (there was that baddie on the boat iirc) and later I found out they put it into the game.

Rich!

That 24 game finishes second day, doesn't it? I remember being pissed off that Day 2 ended without real resolution (there was that baddie on the boat iirc) and later I found out they put it into the game.

Yeah there was some kind of earthquake machine he was behind lol

I think Everything or Nothing is by far the best TPS of that era though. Sublime driving levels too.

you should play it. it was a pretty good game. i enjoyed it.

I no longer have a PS2 so I can't

Random aside your avatars talking to each other cracked me up. Its like your in a standoff

X9wOzU3.jpg
Uz7VWuf.jpg

Vally

Dammit, all this talk about the game is making me want to play it again. I barely remember anything other than the earthquake thing.

Another 24 game for new consoles by Rockstar or Kojima Productions would be awesome

Rich!

Dammit, all this talk about the game is making me want to play it again. I barely remember anything other than the earthquake thing.

Another 24 game for new consoles by Rockstar or Kojima Productions would be awesome

24 by Kojima with the Fox Engine would be amazing.

Just give him free reign on the story. It would be absolutely mental. We know that Kojima loves 24 anyway, I'm sure it'd be awesome.

The game is well worth the time of a 24 fan even though it sorta sucks gameplay wise, as it's set between Season 2 and 3, and has:

• The 'first' introductions of Chloe & Chase (after they'd been in the show, but chronologically the first timeline-wise))
  • More Tony & Michelle where they're not in some weird limbo or another.
  • Tidying up plot-lines from Season 2 later dropped (ie, Max, the big bad guy behind Season 2 who was never seen again in the show)
  • More Mandy, Nina (yes, she's involved again), Chapelle, Kate Warner, Palmer, Prescott, Kim working at CTU, etc.
  • The first appearance of a non-LA branch of CTU (Chloe & Chase are both at the DC branch)

And of course it's the original cast voices and likenesses, even for minor characters like Agent Baker. It's a very faithful 24 thing, and story-wise is actually a great bridge between Season 2 and 3.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
the thing I remember most about the game, is there was a game breaking bug, which made you become stuck in an area. That's where I got stuck, and never finished the game. Can't remember the save system, but I seem to believe that I had hit a point where I could never get out of the bugged state.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/20/bones-season-11-glee-farewell-season/

Following 24‘s successful and recently wrapped revival — which premiered to numbers larger than many of the action-drama’s previous openers — Pierce seems to think there’s a good chance we’ll see another edition down the line.

“I loved this year’s season of 24,” he said. “I’ve always been a fan. We haven’t had a specific conversation about it coming back yet, but I’m sure we will in the future. It’s a wonderful franchise. When you look at the show itself, it has many more stories to tell. I think we need to sit down and talk to the creators.”

Well.. i am sure you can think of other options. I own all dvd sets. Wish they would get a bluray box set with all of them.

That's what I'm waiting for. I'd consider going the Amazon route if they had a monthly option, but mostly I'm just bitter because I was in the middle of my pre-LAD re-watch when they switched over to Amazon and I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That's what I'm waiting for. I'd consider going the Amazon route if they had a monthly option, but mostly I'm just bitter because I was in the middle of my pre-LAD re-watch when they switched over to Amazon and I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them.

Do they not warn you that shows are going away?

Is it worth LTTPing from the start, or can I skip a few seasons to get to the good stuff? Only watched since season 6

Rich!

Do they not warn you that shows are going away?

Is it worth LTTPing from the start, or can I skip a few seasons to get to the good stuff? Only watched since season 6

started from 6? dude.

you're missing the GOAT season, which is S5. S1 is slow by modern standards but still very good, S2 is awesome for the first half, S3 is awesome for the final half, S4 is chaos throughout

you need to watch from the start really to see Jack Bauer's progression from dedicated family man to unhinged psychopath

glottis8

Banned

I like Amazon. I order frequently, and i get now Movies, Music and Books with Prime. Pretty good deal so far. But i do use it a lot.

I'm really happy the game got brought up. I played it a few months ago for the first time. It's really good as long as you can mentally accept it's a PS2 era game (and I think it some ways, it was really fantastic for a PS2 era game)

Along with everyone here, would love to see a current gen effort.

Omni

Just watched the finale

I don't know if it's because I'm over tired and feeling pretty emotional right now, but I wanted to cry after seeing what they did to Audrey. She was always a favourite character of mine. I kinda wanted to see Jack go over the top in anger against Cheng because of it though... Decapitation seemed a little too clean for the emotion I imagined

And the last scene with Heller... oh man.

I think it would have been perfect if Jack killed himself, to be honest. Right at the end. Fuck the Russians. But if we get another season because of it, well that's okay too I guess (I'd like to see Tony return one last time.)

Been a hell of a ride again, that's for sure

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I still have 24: The Game. I know I beat it but the only thing I can remember about it is the tanker tutorial and the finale on some boat. The rest is a blur. What can you say, it's a clunky third person shooter with some terrible driving and hacking mini games thrown in.

I want to replay it now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I would just watch a play through of it honestly. Hopefully someone edited it down to the story parts.

Do they only let you play for 24 hours no more no less?

TrueGrime

I would just watch a play through of it honestly. Hopefully someone edited it down to the story parts.

Skimming through some vids it does look like it takes you through 24 hours with the game segments being just like the show.

You will actually finish it in less time than that, but from memory you can go back to each mission and try to better your "ranking" through it.

Top Bottom