• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

u jelly jack?

5JE0UXP.jpg

Haven't seen Nina for a while. In the Twilight movies apparently.

Nameless

I totally forgot about Kim running into that tweaker dude sucking dick behind a dumpster in S1. Say what you want, but early 24 wouldn't be the same without the misadventures of Kim Bauer.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I totally forgot about Kim running into that tweaker dude sucking dick behind a dumpster in S1. Say what you want, but early 24 wouldn't be the same without the misadventures of Kim Bauer.
Agreed. That dude was awesome. He came through in the end.

Nameless

Agreed. That dude was awesome. He came through in the end.

Yeah, and he probably got beat to death for his troubles. All because Kim lacked the foresight to understand that a blonde teen exposing that much sweaty cleavage shouldn't approach the dictionary definition of shady scumbag at 2am in the seedy back alleys of North Hollywood.

Fuckin Kim.

When I was watching season 2, I thought that each season would give Kim a sub-plot to Jack's main plot, with her sub-plot always being "The Adventures of Kim in Los Angeles".

I would be curious to see an alternate 24 inwhich this is the case. Honestly, it would have probably made the show better. I remember every subplot of every season being boring, especially Dana Walsh's in season 8.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jack is a lot colder now. Given all that has happened it makes sense. But I can't see Season 1 Jack putting down Curtis or chopping some dude's head off. Nina's death is probably a good place to pinpoint that change.

I'm not even worried. There will be some sort of Season 10. They're not dropping this franchise yet.

Well, Jack did cut off a guy's head in the 1st episode of season 2. But he was already dead. Because Jack Killed Him.

Nameless

When I was watching season 2, I thought that each season would give Kim a sub-plot to Jack's main plot, with her sub-plot always being "The Adventures of Kim in Los Angeles".

I would be curious to see an alternate 24 inwhich this is the case. Honestly, it would have probably made the show better. I remember every subplot of every season being boring, especially Dana Walsh's in season 8.

Yeah the Dana Walsh sub plot was pretty bad, but my Starbuck fanboyism and general fondness for Katie Sackhoff made it tolerable. Plus Mitchell Cafferty from Jericho showing up as Mitchell Cafferty from Jericho was awesome and hilarious.

Vibranium

Banned
Milo went out like a punk.

At least Bootleg went out swinging. Bootleg Milo > OG Milo

Truth. I was impressed that Bootleg Milo managed to actually kill the guy before dying, so props to him for getting the job done. Still wonder if Jordan's actor knows about the term 24 fans coined for him haha.

EDIT: Damn, George Mason put in some serious work to get with Nina. I guess both being dead on the show is beneficial.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really liked Kate Morgan, she was definitely being positioned as the next Jack. I wouldn't mind future seasons with her as the main character, I thought the same thing about Renee but they went in a very different direction with her.

Morgan + Tony x Wheelchair-bound Logan for season 10, please.

TrueGrime

Could you imagine if Renee would have lived how much of a fucking team her and Jack would have been? She was the female embodiment of Jack. Even mentally I think. And by mentally I mean truly fucked in the head.

glottis8

Banned
Very pleased with this season. Even tho it was only 12 episodes, and the ending epilogue felt kinda rushed. I think it'll be pretty hard not to see a new season incoming.

Everyone is talking about Kate. She was alright... but she did kinda take it lightly at the end there when it counted. I mean.
You take down a sniper, and then you waltz our of the park? expecting no reinforcements or at least some kind of its not over until the VIP has left.

Its good to see Jack again tho. Can't wait for the next one :D

strafer

is it just me or is the ending of season 3 perfect, Jack, sitting in the car, crying for a while, then responds to a radio call and drives away.

The End.

I like that ending tbh.

Even more than season 6.

:)

glottis8

Banned
is it just me or is the ending of season 3 perfect, Jack, sitting in the car, crying for a while, then responds to a radio call and drives away.

The End.

I like that ending tbh.

Even more than season 6.

Yea... having him break down like that was painful. We got some of that feels in this last season. Poor Jack :(

8b52d962fba44a61ca6d6be818f2a88e.gif

The End.

I like that ending tbh.

Even more than season 6.

consensus is that it's the best season finale of 24, and I agree.

Nameless

The End.

I like that ending tbh.

Even more than season 6.

Probably my favorite ending as well. It was perfect after the exhausting roller coaster that was Season 3.

The combination of how the 24 music starts to build when Jack gets the call and the way Kiefer puts his "game face" back on give me chills everytime.

TrueGrime

The End.

I like that ending tbh.

Even more than season 6.

That was such an amazing ending. Don't think anything could top that.

Thezez

Banned
Agreed that Season 3 ending is best ending.

After rewatching the finale, I'm totally cool if they want to leave it there.

jb1234

Just finished Season 8. It definitely picks up and becomes more engaging in the second half but the character assassination of the President remains very grating to me. The writing was just all over the place that season, to the point where I'd consider it the second worst season just after 6.

bndadm

Do you think that they could ever pass the torch to another character? A successor for Jack?

I think it's quite possible and everyone points to the most likely candidate being Kate Morgan.

Which I'm fine with, but by taking on a new character they would have to find a compelling view of the character with more unique situations. For example I'd find it hard to imagine Kate going to the length's Jack goes to, which I'm fine with, but getting the audience to go with her point of view when we've seen Jack do more with less qualms may be problematic.

I, personally, would love to have a 'reset' and have Kate be a more vulnerable lead character but I'm curious how most viewers would feel.

I actually think the most damaging thing to 24's writing is that they sort of wave their hand over the more difficult aspects of situations the get themselves into. For example season 8's EMP blast had me excited that CTU would be out the rest of the season.

But no Chloe had them back up and running in an hour. With a 12 episode format they could easily have more events like that with longer repercussions.

If they had a Kate Morgan spinoff where the struggles were not "she's right, everyone's wrong" but "everyone's on the same page, but they're racing to figure out how to stop it", I'd love it.

tenz0r

Here is my idea of how Season 10 should play out, I wrote it to be as official as possible in the normal FOX Press Release form they would write for each 24 Season Premiere.

I choose random names, and actors/actress that came to mind from imdb for all the new characters listed in the press release. Same goes for the subtitle names of the Season. Don't judge please, they are just there as a placeholder for the press release for my story outline.

I hope you guys like it :) , I got a good portion of the story outlined already so someone let FOX know! lol

tenz0r's UNOFFICIAL FAN MADE 24 Season 10 Press Release said:
**NOT REAL**

FOX's "24" Premieres with a Special Two-Night Event Sunday May 10, 2015, and Monday May 11, 2015

The groundbreaking, addictive, Emmy Award-winning television series 24 returns for one final season. First premiering in November 2001, the historic series overcame all the odds against it, and became a global phenomenon around the world. However, all good things eventually come to an end, and the countdown clock has started on this historic series as it makes its final curtain call with a special two-night premiere event beginning Sunday, May 10, 2015, and Monday May 11, 2015.

A special "prologue" two hour featured television film entitled "24: Retribution" will debut on Sunday, May 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, followed by a two hour premiere event on Monday, May 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) for Season 10 of 24 entitled "24: One Last Day". The season will unfold without repeats, airing all originals at its regular time every Monday night (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX through the series finale in September.

"24: Retribution premieres Sunday, May 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX"

Served as a prologue towards the final season of 24, "24: Retribution" shows how Jack Bauer returns home for 24's final season. It will bridge the gap between the events of Season 9 "24: Live Another Day" and Season 10 "24: One Last Day" as a special two hour featured television film, and for the first time ever, "24: Retribution" will be the first time in 24 history that it will break away from its real time format. The featured television film will still be everything you know about 24, but without the restrictions of a 24 hour day.

Set in Moscow, Russia, "24: Retribution" picks up six months after the events of "24: Live Another Day". Series hero JACK BAUER (Kiefer Sutherland) is now imprisoned far from home for his past crimes against the Russian government. The day starts with Bauer awaiting to be transported to his final hearing for his trial. During his incarceration Bauer stumbles upon vital information that pertains to Russia's national security . Tensions begin to run high when Russian separatists led by RUSEV KORSHUNOV (Gary Oldman) plan on assassinating President DMITRY MATVEYEV (Olek Krupa), who replaced former President YURI SUVAROV (Nick Jameson) when Suvarov was forced to step down after being investigated for conspiracy charges.

At the same time, a special black ops team from the United States has been assembled by high level officials working behind the US President's back. The black ops team is deployed into Russian territory with the sole purpose of assassinating Bauer when word of his trial is about to end. Considered a high risk prisoner and a expendable federal agent with vital information that could hurt United States security, a hit is put on Jack. With the clock ticking, no allies, no resources and no one to trust, it's up to Bauer alone to figure out what to do, and to prevent another disastrous day from occurring for a country that has hated him for years. At the same time Jack must also avoid being taken out by people from his own country as well.

"24: Retribution also stars SVR Agent NATASHA ZAKHAROVA (Yuliya Snigir), Black Ops Solider DESH MARSHALL (Joey Ansah), and Blacks Ops Commander VINCENT KENNEX (Karl Urban)

"24 Season 10 "One Last Day" premieres Monday, May 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX"

Retaining the real-time, nail biting, fast -paced format with split screens and interweaving storylines, 24 makes its final mark on television history. Be there to witness the end of an era with all 24 episodes of "24: One Last Day".

Two years have passed since the events of 24 Season 9 "Live Another Day", as the series returns home to Los Angeles where it all started. JACK BAUER (Kiefer Sutherland) is back for one last day. Now free and pardon for all crimes by both the Russian government and the United States government, Jack is trying to fit back into living a normal life. Thought to have finally escaped his past life as federal agent Jack Bauer, his past begins to come back to haunt him. The threat isn't just big this time, it's personal also. A lunch meeting with his daughter KIM BAUER (Elisha Cuthbert) and her family goes wrong when they are targeted by unknown assailants looking for Jack. With his family attacked and kidnapped, Jack is thrust back into action to save the only family he has left. Enlisting the help of his long time friend and colleague CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and friend BELCHECK (Branko Tomovic) they set off on figuring out who is targeting Jack and his family.

Simultaneously occurring at the same time, a possible terrorist attack is imminent in Los Angeles. It is up to CTU Los Angeles, led by Special Agent in Charge MATTHEW DAVIDSON (Lance Reddick) and Director of Field Operations KATE MORGAN (Yvonne Strahovski) to prevent an attack from happening. They are also joined by Analyst RILEY STRAND (Meghan Ory), Analyst DAVID AZEVEDO (Alessandro Juliani), and Field Agent JOHNATHAN INGRAM (Dominic West). Meanwhile President RICHARD WALDEN (Jamey Sheridan) is in Los Angeles for the funeral of former President James Heller, who Walden served under as Vice President before Heller stepped down due to his Alzheimer's disease. President Walden is joined in Los Angeles by his Chief of Staff RON CLARK (Ross McCall), and his family.

Being no coincidence that Jack's family is kidnapped at the same time that a possible terrorist attack is on the horizon, a collision course is set that connects it all and leads Jack Bauer back into action to prevent a major terrorist attack from occurring. Pressed for time and answers, Jack eventually resorts to enlisting the help of his former friend and colleague TONY ALMEIDA (Carlos Bernard) who is currently serving a long prison sentence for his crimes during Season 7. Realizing Tony is the key to finding his family, and preventing a possible terrorist attack, Tony is brought out of prison to reunite with Jack and their allies for one final mission.

24, created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Jon Cassar, Evan Katz, David Fury, Manny Coto, Brannon Braga, Brad Turner, Alex Gansa, Kiefer Sutherland and Brian Grazer are executive producers while Chip Johannessen and Patrick Harbinson serve as co-executive producers.

Here is my idea of how Season 10 should play out, I wrote it to be as official as possible in the normal FOX Press Release form they would write for each 24 Season Premiere.

I choose random names, and actors/actress that came to mind from imdb for all the new characters listed in the press release. Same goes for the subtitle names of the Season. Don't judge please, they are just there as a placeholder for the press release for my story outline.

I hope you guys like it :) , I got a good portion of the story outlined already so someone let FOX know! lol

Dude

If this was real

Oh_please_gif_by_kimminjung-d4bdrwy.gif

wow, wish that was real!

stn

That sounds good. Though I'd much rather have Jack escaping prison and/or Russia, something like that.The show has covered every angle so much that they'd really have to try something bold if they wanted to make S10 fresh.

I thought season 4's finale was far and away the best 24 finale.

Indeed i thought it was very satisfying PLUS all of our fav characters would still be alive in our hearts if they didn't proceed with season 5 - onwards.

I thought it was the perfect way to end the show, Jack walking to the unknown, a new life a new beginning.

I originally viewed the show as season 1-3 being a trilogy, 4-6 being the next trilogy. I guess now i can say 7-8-LAD as the next trilogy with Redemption being the prequel to the current trilogy lol.

Nameless

She was mostly insufferable, but Teri Bauer taking a rape for her daughter is, by far, one of the most profoundly courageous acts ever committed by a fictional character. Crazy Jack never found out about it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I thought that fake release was cool until you mentioned Kim Bauer being kidnapped. Are you fucking kidding me? *facepalm* Well sorry but now I'm glad it's 100% fake.

Karu

I think it's quite possible and everyone points to the most likely candidate being Kate Morgan.
I don't think it is possible at all. At least not with her. I can't decide if it's just the typical 24 writing or her being not a very good actress (I assume a little of both), but her lack of charisma is obvious. The other Kate for example would have been a better replacment - but still, don't think 24 without Jack will garner much attention.

Maybe I'm wrong. As much as the show relies on Sutherland, it's not like much of that has sth to do with the thrills/twists/action of the show, which aspects have mostly nothing to do with actors.

tenz0r

I thought that fake release was cool until you mentioned Kim Bauer being kidnapped. Are you fucking kidding me? *facepalm* Well sorry but now I'm glad it's 100% fake.

Well I did mention attacked and kidnapped when referring to his family. My idea was to have Kim and Stephen (her husband) be the ones attacked, and in the hospital recovering. I would probably even have it be where Stephen gets killed off, while their children (little Teri Bauer & their second kid mentioned in Live Another Day) be the ones that get kidnapped.

I just needed a reason to get Jack back into the field. He literally said himself in 24 Live Another Day that he only surfaced today because there was a threat to Heller and Audrey (two people he cared about), and he wanted to make sure they were safe. I'm not sure if it was a threat to someone else he would've surfaced. Aside from maybe Chloe, his family that is left is the only reason he would get back in the field now. I'm sure there could be other ideas, this was just something I wanted to do for fun to show that there is more story to tell for 24, but the way I had the storyline envisioned the kidnapping story line wouldn't be heavily featured after the first arc when it goes into the other story arcs I had mentioned in the unofficial press release.

Actually, a joint split, Russia/LA, presumably with a big-ass gap in the middle for Jack & whoever is in Russia to RUSH back to LA (Flight time: Moscow-LA = 12:30 hours), would be an incredibly smart way to do Season 10 if they chose to. Really cool idea. 6-8 hours split between Russia and LA, the remaining 6/4 spent purely in LA, returning to CTU and classic 24.

tenz0r

That sounds good. Though I'd much rather have Jack escaping prison and/or Russia, something like that.The show has covered every angle so much that they'd really have to try something bold if they wanted to make S10 fresh.

Yeah, I thought about that story too. I just felt that in Live Another Day, Jack made it clear to Belcheck that he wanted to turn himself over. He simply knows there is no more hiding. The Russians will be out there targeting him and his family for the rest of Jack's life if he doesn't agree to turn himself over now.

I am pretty sure Jack wanted Belcheck to be clear not to come after him, and to just let it be. Because ultimately he asked the Russian guy who met him about keeping his word of leaving his family out of this, and the guy just replied "we just want you Mr. Bauer, that's all we ever wanted.". We are left to assume that Jack agreed to turn himself over so he can let his friends (Chloe) and family (Kim and her family) live in peace for his sins.

Having them find Jack and break him out of a Russian prison would just neglect everything Jack did at the end of live another day.

I feel the only way to get the Russians off Jack's back is for him to do something heroic that saves their country, and possibly prove that the Russian officials he killed in Season 8, along with Suvarov (the Russian President at the time) were all dirty and actually working against their country. The good/new president in my storyline would see that and pardon Jack for his crimes and allow him to return home without anymore hostility from Russia.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sad news, both showing how old 24 is, and that she died early, but the little girl from season 2, the one Kim was trying to protect from the girls abusive father, died at the age of 21. Skye McCole Bartusiak was her name.

Sad news, both showing how old 24 is, and that she died early, but the little girl from season 2, the one Kim was trying to protect from the girls abusive father, died at the age of 21. Skye McCole Bartusiak was her name.

Came here to post this. Sad news indeed.

You guys remember 24: The Game?

http://youtu.be/45IbdMQ6pV4

I kind of want to play this again

Dat Tanker mission

I got it on release, the driving section was the worst i have played in any video game. Clunky controls and bad ai cars made completing the section near impossible.

Was an awesome game though, i loved how the trademark sounds (from Jack Bauer's pistol to the clock ticking over) from the show carried over into the game.

Top Bottom