• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Yeah, you should watch the S5,S6, and S8 recaps at least

Urrgh, got so sick of the show back in the day...thought I'd be able to jump back in. Why's Kate acting like Jack ain't her dad? Is that not Elisha Cuthbert?

edit: Hmm I guess that was Kim Bauer. And that is not Elisha Cuthbert.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Way too much Yvonne whatsername. I absolutely detested her on Dexter. More Michael Wincott, please, even if his character name sounds like a stage musician's.

Igo

Chloe fucking up all over the place. How you gonna get caught twice in one episode and then not anticipate a virus/auto delete on the usb stick. She best step it up for the rest of the series.

Too obvious
It really was. Knew she was up to something from the moment she was introduced. 24 gonna 24.

bndadm

I'm kind of amazed how sympathetic I am toward the framed pilot of the drone.

I forgot how long a week used to feel. Man this sucks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Urrgh, got so sick of the show back in the day...thought I'd be able to jump back in. Why's Kate acting like Jack ain't her dad? Is that not Elisha Cuthbert?
No, it's not... lol

I don't think you really need to know what has happened before. Jack is right about something but people get in his way because of petty reasons or PROTOCOL. Misunderstandings abound while Jack yells DAMNIT. lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Great couple of episodes. So good to have this show back for a couple of months.

WarMacheen

Chloe fucking up all over the place. How you gonna get caught twice in one episode and then not anticipate a virus/auto delete on the usb stick. She best step it up for the rest of the series.

It really was. Knew she was up to something from the moment she was introduced. 24 gonna 24.

Let's face it, we only watch for Jack, everyone else is merely one step away from getting choked

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
No, it's not... lol

I don't think you really need to know what has happened before. Jack is right about something but people get in his way because of petty reasons or PROTOCOL. Misunderstandings abound while Jack yells DAMNIT. lol

Sounds like 24. I thought that lady was his daughter but there was some kind of rift between them and she had become some kind of special agent but nobody was mentioning it. With that confusion out of the way I'll just sit back and zone out.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

JACK IS BACK BITCHES!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sounds like 24. I thought that lady was his daughter but there was some kind of rift between them and she had become some kind of special agent but nobody was mentioning it. With that confusion out of the way I'll just sit back and zone out.
lol
She did become an agent at some point, but she's basically off married (with kids now) somewhere.
It's just a different blonde actress playing a different character.

Everything you need to know they catch you up on. Bauer is a fugitive and no one trusts his judgement even though you know he's right!

Kifimbo

lol
She did become an agent at some point, but she's basically off married (with kids now) somewhere.
It's just a different blonde actress playing a different character.

Everything you need to know they catch you up on. Bauer is a fugitive and no one trusts his judgement even though you know he's right!

Well, if the stopped at season 4, he's not aware of what happened between Jack/Audrey/President Heller.

Arthos

I kinda like seeing Heller again. Wonder if any other of the older characters will get screen time.

Loved the first two episodes. I seriously missed this show so much. Long live Jack!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I kinda like seeing Heller again. Wonder if any other of the older characters will get screen time.

Loved the first two episodes. I seriously missed this show so much. Long live Jack!
I'm genuinely curious to know what happened to the previous Presidents, but I don't know if they'd just show up for the sake of showing up.

Heller just looking sad all episode was kinda crushing.
Good to see Audrey's new husband is a scheming dick, will be satisfying to see him blown up by a drone.
A good damnit! to end the episode.
Fake CTU blown up.

Jack is back baby!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm genuinely curious to know what happened to the previous Presidents, but I don't know if they'd just show up for the sake of showing up.
It's a safe bet that Allison Taylor is the only who isn't dead or physically incapacitated.

Except for President Taylor and Noah Daniels, I don't think there are any left alive.
Ah yeah, forgot about him for a sec.

bndadm

Hah, I suppose that's true. That said, I wonder if Taylor was forced to resign and so on.

That's one of my biggest questions, next to the Russian President. I mean when a nation's leader is "sent to prison", where is that? Assuming that's what happened?

Also, with Nate asking about reaching out to the Russians. I'm calling it Jack's going to end up in a container on a train to Moscow. "Did you think we would just forget"?

Jack Bauer Status: Badass.

Good to see him back, and now for the painful weekly waits. The great thing about not doing the full 24 is keeping the padding and time killer side stories at bay, just pure concentrated adrenalin Bauer hour. Man, such a fantastic start.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's one of my biggest questions, next to the Russian President. I mean when a nation's leader is "sent to prison", where is that? Assuming that's what happened?

Also, with Nate asking about reaching out to the Russians. I'm calling it Jack's going to end up in a container on a train to Moscow. "Did you think we would just forget"?

Assuming that this is really the last hurrah, I hope they don't ship him off somewhere. Besides, he already got tortured by the Chinese few a couple of years. lol

vatstep

Wow, this was a great episode. These 2 episodes already seem much higher in quality to me than season 8.
They felt more like classic 24 than S8 did, I thought. It looks AND sounds great, too. Sean Callery putting in work, as always.

bndadm

Assuming that this is really the last hurrah, I hope they don't ship him off somewhere. Besides, he already got tortured by the Chinese few a couple of years. lol

lol, agreed. What I think we all want, if this turns out to be the end, is some real closure. I can live with that.

Also, just started re-watching season 1 with my wife (she only started with Redemption) and immediately saw Teri Bauer on the list of Jack's Deceased profile. :( I was working so hard to keep that a secret from her.

Also, dumb question. Do drones actually look like mini stealth fighters? Of course I'm questioning authenticity on a show that had a stealth fighter fire a missile once, but I'm curious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol, agreed. What I think we all want, if this turns out to be the end, is some real closure. I can live with that.

Also, just started re-watching season 1 with my wife (she only started with Redemption) and immediately saw Teri Bauer on the list of Jack's Deceased profile. :( I was working so hard to keep that a secret from her.

Also, dumb question. Do drones actually look like mini stealth fighters? Of course I'm questioning authenticity on a show that had a stealth fighter fire a missile once, but I'm curious.

You could always trick her by showing the alternate ending to season 1. lol

And it looks like those are drones that are actually in testing right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_X-47B
I guess that makes sense since 24 takes place in the "future".

RC

Banned
I really hope there isn't a mole in the CTU/CIA/government this time around. That's one 24 thrope that should stay buried.

bndadm

I have to also comment that I'm really pleased Jack's motivation wasn't just to protect the country, but as a personal debt owed to Audrey from season 6. I'm excited to see how that is explored.

Grimsen

I wonder if Dexter's girlfriend will turn into She-Tony, she's pretty lame so far.

I think there may be more to lieutenant Palmer Jr. That or his pilot buddy.

Catelyn and Sansa Stark running shit was pretty awesome. They'll probably end up killing Pres Heller, or worse, Audrey. At least we'll get some good Bauer moments out of that.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Always love 24 premieres. Now let's see if the rest of the season can hold up....

Top Bottom