• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Unless Alzheimer's takes him over completely that he doesn't even remember who Jack is...

How awesome would that be as the finale..... the lead up to the final scene has Hellar saying he will pardon Bauer. Get to the final few moments and he forgets the entire "pardon Bauer for his crimes" subplot and ends up having him arrested for treason..... clock ticks to end the season.

Bishop89

Not seen it before? Fucking hide away until you have done. S3 contains the best surprise in the entire series.

No ive seen all the seasons (with missing a bit from season 8)

But only the original run, except for season 1-2.
Season 3 - 8 will be my 2nd time watching, its just been a long time that I cant remember a lot of it :(

Rich!

I can easily see Jack being reinstated with the CIA on a provisional basis by Heller after this next episode.

It's David Palmer's assassination all over again.

rjinaz

yeah, i know its "out of character" but at this point suspension of disbelief kicked in and i convinced myself that he's pretty much become crazy due to all of his previous experience.

if they didn't have only 12 episodes, i wonder if they would have played the angle that he was imagining all of the stuff he was saying. would have been a bit more enthralling.

I think it's more that he doesn't care anymore. I'm pretty sure Jack is not planning on walking away from this, he knows he's off to prison or more likely he's going to get killed or wants to get killed. He'll do whatever it takes to accomplish his mission, this is a new Jack that we haven't seen.

Rich!

I think it's more that he doesn't care anymore. I'm pretty sure Jack is not planning on walking away from this, he knows he's off to prison or more likely he's going to get killed or wants to get killed. He'll do whatever it takes to accomplish his mission, this is a new Jack that we haven't seen.

Nah, we saw hints of this Jack in Season 2.

You know, the jack who shot and killed a key witness before hacksawing his head off right infront of George Mason. The same Jack who then decided he was going to commit suicide by Nuclear Bomb.

But then again, he didn't kill Syed Ali's children. So there's that.

Vibranium

Banned
Nah, we saw hints of this Jack in Season 2.

You know, the jack who shot and killed a key witness before hacksawing his head off right infront of George Mason. The same Jack who then decided he was going to commit suicide by Nuclear Bomb.

But then again, he didn't kill Syed Ali's children. So there's that.

Man, that scene was so convincing, I truly thought Jack had lost it the first time I watched Season 2. Ali's actor turned in an amazing performance during that entire interrogation.

Vibranium

Banned
He loses it pretty clearly in season 4 and then just never recovers.

Yeah, he has been off the wall for a long time now haha. I was talking about him killing kids though, that is something that, even for Jack, would push him even further past the line than he already is.

Rich!

Jack would never, ever hurt a child. Sure, he will shoot adults in the knees with no remorse - but this is the guy who risked an entire operation in a shopping mall in S5 in a large part due to seeing children there. And even after the gas was released, he made sure helping a child was the first action he did - not chasing the terrorists.

Then you have the Syed Ali situation, his scenes with Kim throughout 24 and in S8 with his granddaughter, and the scene in S09e01 where his readings spike upon hearing he has a grandson.

He's a big cuddly teddy bear really. One that rips arteries out of necks with his bare teeth and then kills 60 more men the same day.

Vally

Jack would never, ever hurt a child. Sure, he will shoot adults in the knees with no remorse - but this is the guy who risked an entire operation in a shopping mall in S5 in a large part due to seeing children there. And even after the gas was released, he made sure helping a child was the first action he did - not chasing the terrorists.

Then you have the Syed Ali situation, his scenes with Kim throughout 24 and in S8 with his granddaughter, and the scene in S09e01 where his readings spike upon hearing he has a grandson.

He's a big cuddly teddy bear really. One that rips arteries out of necks with his bare teeth and then kills 60 more men the same day.

Yeah, also that child soldier in Redemption who pointed his weapon at Jack, and he just tried to talk him down very calmly

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm a bit surprised that nothing exploded at the end of episode 2. But I'm expecting an explosion before the end of episode 4 or I'll be confused.

Also the president has the fastest accelerating case of alzheimers (or whatever degenerating illness it is) - 24 hours and you know it'll get 'progressively' worse during the season.

just finding it a bit cookie-cutter at the moment.

Vally

24-david-palmer-death.gif

The bullet clearly missed the artery

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm trying to remember how, but I remember finding out about him dying before the season came on.

Wonder what that episode was like for people that didn't know beforehand. Only show to rival having a single episode kill that many characters is GoT.

BBboy20

Haha great title change, love episode 3. Jack doesn't give a fuck, and he gets results.

If Jack Bauer was in the DC universe, he would be on the Suicide Squad.
He would be on almost equal terms with Batman.

Either way, this season is obviously going to end with President Heller pardoning Bauer for all of his previous crimes. I mean, does anyone disagree with that?
After season 6, 24 could go anywhere and I think that's still the case even now.

I was in stitches.

And so are the victims now.
ku-medium_zps553276a3.gif

Charles Logan would be proud of that boy.
1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

I which basically removed him from field work
His hand was clean cut so having it stiched together and workable would have been possible. That what I imagined before season 4 existed, the first shot of Chase of him sitting at his desk facing away from it and looking at his hand and gripping it for a bit before somebody came up to him to move the story along.

I'm trying to remember how, but I remember finding out about him dying before the season came on.

Wonder what that episode was like for people that didn't know beforehand. Only show to rival having a single episode kill that many characters is GoT.
I'd imagine premium shows would be less formalic then basic broadcasting ones, especially one being an adaptation of a book.

Vally

So this is how the bingo card richisawesome made in the other thread looks like after 3 episodes

jct5vNQ1uHHys.png

Not sure how terrible the British stereotypes are though, and C3 is debatable. Surprisingly Jack hasn't said 'We're running out of time' yet, I think. Anyway I'm sure we'll have to check a few more boxes after tonight's episode.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
D4 depends on what kind of Jack Bauer torture we talking about. Gun to the head type torture? Human Shield against 3 armed guys torture? Being hung torture?

Then he's already done those 3.

But if it's the old punching/yelling/pumped full of special drugs/cut with a knife/towel down the throat type torture, then he hasn't gotten to that point...yet.

So this is how the bingo card richisawesome made in the other thread looks like after 3 episodes

jct5vNQ1uHHys.png

Not sure how terrible the British stereotypes are though, and C3 is debatable. Surprisingly Jack hasn't said 'We're running out of time' yet, I think. Anyway I'm sure we'll have to check a few more boxes after tonight's episode.

This should be 5 x 5.

The hell.

Top Bottom