• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

zma1013

I can't stop laughing. I knew from the trailers a riot breaks out here, but god damn. I figured Jack was going to start a brawl, maybe fire a couple shots in the air. Nope. This is easily the most hilariously fucked up moment in 24 since dude shot Henderson's wife in knee.

The worst thing about it is that he's shooting people in the knee, thus guaranteeing they will have permanent walking disabilities for life. Maybe Jack feels he's doing them a favor by getting them some disability checks or something.

UK does have better healthcare.

So what was the chloe thing all about? Who died? I'm blanking on any real backstory chloe had besides the fat guy having a crush on her many seasons ago.

Santiako

UK does have better healthcare.

So what was the chloe thing all about? Who died? I'm blanking on any real backstory chloe had besides the fat guy having a crush on her many seasons ago.

Her husband and son died.

This was her husband:
MorrisOBrian.jpg

... so.

Not only does Jack just start shooting foreign protestors.

But he does it in order to stop an international incident.

While shouting that the Americans are the ones shooting to kill.

I know this show has just become a Right Wing Fantasy post season three, but this is just too much. Next season, Jack will just straight up shoot the poor to protect the rich.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
no no, he'll shoot the poor AND the rich, then convince they shot each other, just so he'll get across town in time to pick up an important USB drive.

That gets erased accidentally by squirrels, making all of that pointless.

I'd still love that show.

Tugatrix

The worst thing about it is that he's shooting people in the knee, thus guaranteeing they will have permanent walking disabilities for life. Maybe Jack feels he's doing them a favor by getting them some disability checks or something.

UK has NHS and Social Security

zma1013

... so.

Not only does Jack just start shooting foreign protestors.

But he does it in order to stop an international incident.

While shouting that the Americans are the ones shooting to kill.

I know this show has just become a Right Wing Fantasy post season three, but this is just too much. Next season, Jack will just straight up shoot the poor to protect the rich.

Yeah but I suppose he thinks it's better to have a few protestors shot than to have drones blow up London or wherever the hell they're supposed to be.

2018-2020ish, I think.

More or less dead on, yeah.

Season 1 takes place around its air date... as it aired in 2002, and later seasons reference Operation Nightfall as having taken place in 1999. That's the Op when Jack took out Drazen's family, which Season 1 takes place in the 2 year anniversary of. From that, based on the timing between seasons Season 8 takes place in 2016, and this is four years on from that. You can also infer this from birthdates and ages on files shown on-screen in Season 1 and things.

However, the writers have sort of said the show always takes place in the 'now', timelines aside.

Lonestar

More or less dead on, yeah.

Season 1 takes place around its air date... as it aired in 2002, and later seasons reference Operation Nightfall as having taken place in 1999. That's the Op when Jack took out Drazen's family, which Season 1 takes place in the 2 year anniversary of. From that, based on the timing between seasons Season 8 takes place in 2016, and this is four years on from that. You can also infer this from birthdates and ages on files shown on-screen in Season 1 and things.

However, the writers have sort of said the show always takes place in the 'now', timelines aside.

started in November 2001. I know, because I remember the controversy about the necessary censorship edit of the pilot episode (taking out the exploding aircraft) as the show aired within 2 months of 9/11.

started in November 2001. I know, because I remember the controversy about the necessary censorship edit of the pilot episode (taking out the exploding aircraft) as the show aired within 2 months of 9/11.

Well, yeah... but given that it started in November, more of it aired in 2002 than 2001!

Lonestar

Well, yeah... but given that it started in November, more of it aired in 2002 than 2001!

At GAF, we get things correct
occasionally
!

Although it is not stated which year the first season takes place, it is stated in subsequent seasons that "Operation Nightfall" takes place in 1999. It is also stated that events of the first season take place on the 2 year anniversary of Operation Nightfall, which in turn means that the events of the first season take place in 2001, the year the series premiered. However, on Alexis Drazen's file at CTU his date of birth is January 1967 and on the secret service file his age is printed as 35. So that would indicate that the first season is set in 2002.

The writers have stated that events in the 24 timeline take place in the "perpetual now," where dates are never specified by the show and concepts of the exact date and year are left vague and unconfirmed

Series takes place in the "perpetual now" :lol

Jack Bauer is listed as being born in 1966, so correlate from that to know how old he's supposed to be, with the various year that the seasons take place in.

why didn't fox recap what had happened in season 8? it's been four years, after all

a 'previously on 24' before the pilot would have been nice

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just caught up on the episode and god damn, i did not see shooting random folk as a possibility.

Seriously though Jack is a legit criminal, what an asshole lol.

Nameless

Just caught up on the episode and god damn, i did not see shooting random folk as a possibility.

Seriously though Jack is a legit criminal, what an asshole lol.

A couple months of pain and discomfort is well worth preventing the POTUS from being killed on foreign soil and the massive clusterfuck that would come with it.

PAGING CORNBALLER, COME IN CORNBALLER.

I'm sad he's not in here week-to-week participating with us, he said he might watch in some other thread...

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Crap, the OT is awesome! LOL!

I'm kind of a 24 newb but I've watched the first two episodes on Hulu and loving it so far. This show is non-stop, edge-of-the-seat thrills.

Edit: I found out I don't need Hulu Plus to watch the latest episode! Sweet!

Top Bottom