• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Servbot24

Banned
Just caught up on the episode and god damn, i did not see shooting random folk as a possibility.

Seriously though Jack is a legit criminal, what an asshole lol.

Nothing compared to what a motherfucker he was in season 8, where he flat out murdered American agents for petty revenge over a woman he had only known for a few hours. Fuck Jack.

Nothing compared to what a motherfucker he was in season 8, where he flat out murdered American agents for petty revenge over a woman he had only known for a few hours. Fuck Jack.

When does he murder American agents? When he assaults Logan's vehicle it's very clearly and plainly shown that he goes for leg and arm shots to disarm rather than to kill.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, that last guy was a Russian Ambassador. To what country, I don't know. Decent size deal. Then, they throw in that he "almost assassinated the Russian President" but it's not like he missed his shot, he just put the gun down.

BTM

Finally just got around to watching the first episode (been busy lately) and I'm so fucking pumped Jack is back.

Was great seeing Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski) from Chuck as well. Had no idea she was going to be in it.

Meier

I'm amazed at people who remember all of the plot stuff from earlier seasons. I had absolutely 100% forgot Chloe had a kid. I didn't even remember Morris frankly. I did of course when I saw the guys photo and I remembered he was an ex-pat but Prescott? Nope. Would never have guessed she'd had a kid.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Being kind of newb, is Chloe donning the goth makeup and garb to fit in with the hackers or was she like this in the original series?

Yeef

Being kind of newb, is Chloe donning the goth makeup and garb to fit in with the hackers or was she like this in the original series?
In the original series she was the opinionated, nerdy type. It looks like she went all anti-authority in between the end of the series and the current episodes.

I'm amazed at people who remember all of the plot stuff from earlier seasons. I had absolutely 100% forgot Chloe had a kid. I didn't even remember Morris frankly. I did of course when I saw the guys photo and I remembered he was an ex-pat but Prescott? Nope. Would never have guessed she'd had a kid.

That´s why i watched the whole thing again this year while it was still on netflix lol.

Jack knew Renee from Season 7, as she was his liaison with the FBI. In season 8 it's heavily implied that the were together for a brief time between S7 and S8.

Tugatrix

Jack knew Renee from Season 7, as she was his liaison with the FBI. In season 8 it's heavily implied that the were together for a brief time between S7 and S8.

What? I don't remember that being implied, and that is quite difficult to have happen given that Jack was in treatment

Fevaweva

Right...I haven't started watching this season yet. But after watching one of those webms, do the police REALLY have those big ass black hats on? I don't think British police have worn them since at least the early 00s.

Bazza

Right...I haven't started watching this season yet. But after watching one of those webms, do the police REALLY have those big ass black hats on? I don't think British police have worn them since at least the early 00s.

Yep they still use them.

Depends on the police force and the type of work they're doing. Scottish police completely changed to flat caps ages ago (I want to say around WW2?)

Servbot24

Banned

My memory's a bit rusty but I'm pretty sure it was indicated that Jack tried to contact Renee after S7 but never could. In S7 they were only in contact for a few hours, and then a couple hours more in S8.

I see. With only really "knowing" Renee for a short period of time overall, it makes more sense to say that Jack's rampage was a result of her death being that one-last-straw over 8 seasons of shit being dealt his way.

Vibranium

Banned
Haha great title change, love episode 3. Jack doesn't give a fuck, and he gets results.

If Jack Bauer was in the DC universe, he would be on the Suicide Squad.

Megasoum

Banned
Finally catched up and watched the first 3 episodes. I seriously can't stand Chloe...

I know her character was always a bit weird and awkward but seriously wtf...

Also, I hate the new sudden urge to make all "hackers" type characters in tv/movies some kind of emo goth since Millenium got popular.

Rich!

I'm sure guys in the USA won't be having the same issue....but as I expected, as shown in the OP, Stephen Fry is breaking the immersion for me.

Whenever I see him on screen, all I think is "it's Stephen fry". Literally no other thought processes go through my mind. The matter isn't helped either by the fact that he is literally playing Stephen Fry as Stephen Fry. That isn't Prime Minister Alastair Davies - it's fucking Prime Minister Stephen Fry.

I mean, I love the guy, but it's as if he's literally just wandered onto the set one day and just spoke some lines as himself. Which I'm sure is exactly what happened lol

Brigandier

Really liking "Season 9" so far, 24 is for me the best TV series I have ever seen, I won't be able to make a list for favourite Seasons as it changes all the time.

But one things for sure Season 6 is always going to be last it sucks. I also have Season 8 higher than a lot of other people too
The Russian spy Davros infiltrating the police force was well played during the earlier episodes and Rampage Jack of course, Ashame the Season loses it a bit in the middle.

Finally catched up and watched the first 3 episodes. I seriously can't stand Chloe...

I know her character was always a bit weird and awkward but seriously wtf...

Also, I hate the new sudden urge to make all "hackers" type characters in tv/movies some kind of emo goth since Millenium got popular.
"Chloe, we don't have time for your personality disorder right now."

Classic Bill.

Rich!

To be totally honest, for all intents and purposes, this is season 9.

the subtitle "live another day" is only a promotional name. It doesn't appear anywhere in the show itself. The titles are the same, as is the end credits and music, as well as the format, editing, direction AND music.

it's season 9. And Kiefer will do more, the stubborn bastard.

Tugatrix

To be totally honest, for all intents and purposes, this is season 9.

the subtitle "live another day" is only a promotional name. It doesn't appear anywhere in the show itself. The titles are the same, as is the end credits and music, as well as the format, editing, direction AND music.

it's season 9. And Kiefer will do more, the stubborn bastard.

He said he wouldn't, this would be the end of it

Rich!

He said he wouldn't, this would be the end of it

Yeah yeah, same as what Sean Connery said during You Only Live Twice.

It's all about the

tumblr_lt11tjUriU1qa2tpwo1_400.gif

Either way, this season is obviously going to end with President Heller pardoning Bauer for all of his previous crimes. I mean, does anyone disagree with that?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
why is the "they're shooting at us" funny? i watched it last week and didn't even really think much about it.

Rich!

why is the "they're shooting at us" funny? i watched it last week and didn't even really think much about it.

jack got nudged and shouted at by a protester

failed his ID check

created a riot by shooting said protester in the knee and screaming his head off. It's so OTT it's hilarious, especially when compared to S1 bauer. he does not give a shit anymore.

Tugatrix

it' so out of character, Jack shooting innocents and creating a diplomatic incident, he is the one creating the world war

I know is all about money but I think FOX won't pay what they want.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Kiefer's getting quite old though. It's a dramatic difference comparing him in S1 versus S9. I can see the man's wrinkles :p

Personally, I don't want to see a 70 year old Jack Bauer limping around in Season 15 or whatever. They should find someone who can step in as a new main character and continue with the 24 real time concept.

Of course, that's alot easier said than done.

Rich!

Kiefer's getting quite old though. It's a dramatic difference comparing him in S1 versus S9. I can see the man's wrinkles :p

Personally, I don't want to see a 70 year old Jack Bauer limping around in Season 15 or whatever. They should find someone who can step in as a new main character and continue with the 24 real time concept.

I still have a hunch that Tony will return. Pls tony.

Tugatrix

Around season 4 I read about the intention of doing so and that actor would be Edward Norton (now he is too old)

Rich!

Also, I've got a few facts about Bauer I came up with that terrorists should be aware of:

- Jack Bauer has died twice. Both times he not only came back to life, but he also killed/incapacitated the people responsible and then saved the world within mere hours.
- Jack Bauer can survive nerve gas using only a hoodie.
- Jack Bauer has killed over 100 men using only his bare hands.
- Jack Bauer was not only best friends with a US President, he also kidnapped one. Twice.
- Jack Bauer almost assassinated the President of Russia.
- Jack Bauer was kidnapped by the Chinese, subjected to two years of intense torture, and when released he managed to kill 50 men in a single day.
- Jack Bauer is Jack Bauer.

I mean just look at that. he's a fucking superhero.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
yeah, i know its "out of character" but at this point suspension of disbelief kicked in and i convinced myself that he's pretty much become crazy due to all of his previous experience.

if they didn't have only 12 episodes, i wonder if they would have played the angle that he was imagining all of the stuff he was saying. would have been a bit more enthralling.

Top Bottom