• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Tugatrix

hahaha, you must have forgotten what happened in S8.

She got shot in the chest, and died. Jack Bauer then went on a brutal murderous rampage against some russians and Logan to avenge her. She's as dead as you can get, complete with a silent clock.

The Russian miss the artery on purpose...believe

Nameless

She got shot in the chest, and died. Jack Bauer then went on a brutal murderous rampage against some russians and Logan to avenge her. She's as dead as you can get, complete with a silent clock.

I'd totally except Jack dealing with super natural shit going forward.

A Russian aide wished to gain control of the country. He developed a plot to have the Russian president assassinated. To complete this, he got somebody to assassinate Renee Walker, to set Jack on a murderous rampage. As soon as Jack left, the aide himself appeared, gave Renee epinephrine, repaired the damage, and began training her to murder Jack herself. The silent clock was because it was the death of the Renee Walker we knew, and the birth of evil-Renee, complete with a goatee. She is secretely collaborating with Tony Almeida, Aaron Pierce, Mandy, and Heller himself, to eliminate Bauer, and is the true villain of Day Nine. EDIT: Also, the Chinese gave the Russian Aide this idea, knowing it would eventually lead to evil-Renee killing Jack only to be defeated by Sarah Walker, ensuring that they have brought Jack to justice and revealed themselves, once again, as the true-true villains.

EDIT: Supernatural events would certainly spice up the show.

jadedm17

this is so fucking annoying.

S1 - need to play each episode individually
S2 - Play All Option
S3 - Play all Option
S4 - need to play each episode individually.

Who the hell designed the dvds!! :mad:

Hah, this is the garbage I'd be upset PS3 Netflix did but 360 Netflix didn't. Thankfully they fixed that [years later].

Rich!

Watching Battle Royale right now....wondering if I can come up with a 24 Battle Royale list. Lets say, 20 people. Same rules as the film.

- Jack Bauer
- Tony Almeida
- Aaron Pierce
- Charles Logan
- Mandy
- Habib Marwan
- Bill Buchanan
- Nina Myers
- Kim Bauer
- Kate Morgan
- Curtis Manning
- Michelle Dessler
- The russian sniper from S8
- Kim Bauer
- Ira Gaines
- Christopher Henderson
- Stephen Saunders
- General Juma
- Vladimir Bierko
- Wayne Palmer

Out of all of those, I wonder who would be the first to go, who would last the longest, and which one would ultimately win. Hmmm.

strafer

Watching Battle Royale right now....wondering if I can come up with a 24 Battle Royale list. Lets say, 20 people. Same rules as the film.

- Jack Bauer
- Tony Almeida
- Aaron Pierce
- Charles Logan
- Mandy
- Habib Marwan
- Bill Buchanan
- Nina Myers
- Kim Bauer
- Kate Morgan
- Curtis Manning
- Michelle Dessler
- Kim Bauer
- Ira Gaines
- Christopher Henderson
- Stephen Saunders
- General Juma
- Vladimir Bierko
- Wayne Palmer

Out of all of those, I wonder who would be the first to go, who would last the longest, and which one would ultimately win. Hmmm.

Mandy.

Rich!

I dunno. I think it'd be a tossup between the black ops/marines trained people:

- Jack Bauer
- Curtis Manning
- Christopher Henderson
- Stephen Saunders

possibly
- Juma
- Almeida

Basically, those who know how to stay out of sight, strike without warning and survive in a hostile environment. Not sure if Mandy would apply.

Vally

@joncassar
#24lad Our actor wall keeps getting larger. Lots of Local actors have joined the 24 family.

#24lad As some of you suspected a few faces were taken off the wall not to give anything away.

10251489_303642213134784_2032624807_n.jpg

I wonder whose faces are those... if he's talking about returning characters it's weird nothing has leaked yet, since they're already shooting episodes 11 & 12

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

- Jack Bauer
- Tony Almeida
- Aaron Pierce
- Charles Logan
- Mandy
- Habib Marwan
- Bill Buchanan
- Nina Myers
- Kim Bauer
- Kate Morgan
- Curtis Manning
- Michelle Dessler
- Kim Bauer
- Ira Gaines
- Christopher Henderson
- Stephen Saunders
- General Juma
- Vladimir Bierko
- Wayne Palmer

How is Dubaku not even on the list? SMH

L00P

@joncassar
#24lad Our actor wall keeps getting larger. Lots of Local actors have joined the 24 family.

#24lad As some of you suspected a few faces were taken off the wall not to give anything away.

10251489_303642213134784_2032624807_n.jpg

I wonder whose faces are those... if he's talking about returning characters it's weird nothing has leaked yet, since they're already shooting episodes 11 & 12
That's...a nice wall.

Are they missing or something?

Tugatrix

- Jack Bauer
- Tony Almeida
- Aaron Pierce
- Charles Logan
- Mandy
- Habib Marwan
- Bill Buchanan
- Nina Myers
- Kim Bauer
- Kate Morgan
- Curtis Manning
- Michelle Dessler
- Kim Bauer
- Ira Gaines
- Christopher Henderson
- Stephen Saunders
- General Juma
- Vladimir Bierko
- Wayne Palmer

First to go:
- Kim Bauer
No chance against the rest, cougar should be on that list, he has some score to settle with Kim

Last:
- Jack Bauer
Jack is just like the plague

First to go:
- Kim Bauer
No chance against the rest, cougar should be on that list, he has some score to settle with Kim

Last:
- Jack Bauer
Jack is just like the plague
In a Battle Royale-like situation Kim would be Jack's major weakness. Not only would he never kill her, ensuring he never wins so long as she survives, but he'd continuously try to ensure she survives (which would be even more difficult than usual, given how many kidnappers, cougars, prickly plants, assassins, and trained killers she would encounter). The only way he could survive is if somebody kills her immediately and makes him enter a reckless murderous rampage, which isn't as reckless as his typical rampages. While he would certainly kill everyone on that list (except maybe Mandy, given how she's one of the only villains to actually survive and carry out numerous attacks), I imagine Kim would drag him down as much as she occasionally dragged down the show. Jack does have the advantage of being unkillable, however, having died twice (is this correct? I know he died once for certain) already and is still killing people.

EDIT:
Although the winner would really be whoever the writer wants to win /beingboring

Zambatoh

Due to Kiefer voicing BB in GZ and hearing people talk about how much it's like hearing Jack Bauer, I decided to actually watch the show.

I recently spent the last few months watching the entire main series from beginning to end...it's like heroine. I had to see what happened next. So good.

Anyway I watched the first 4 episodes of LAD, yesterday, and so far I think it's been pretty kick ass so far. I wonder if it's too late for the writers to bring back Tony Almeida?

Tugatrix

Due to Kiefer voicing BB in GZ and hearing people talk about how much it's like hearing Jack Bauer, I decided to actually watch the show.

I recently spent the last few months watching the entire main series from beginning to end...it's like heroine. I had to see what happened next. So good.

Anyway I watched the first 4 episodes of LAD, yesterday, and so far I think it's been pretty kick ass so far. I wonder if it's too late for the writers to bring back Tony Almeida?

Well there are that chance if you believe in the rumors

Slowdive

Banned

This gives me hope: https://twitter.com/TheDavidFury/status/411372965272379394

woodchuck

Ronaldo is so lame. Everyone else is watching something, playing games, or hanging out with teammates. Ronaldo is just sitting there, staring at the back of the seat.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I guess Renee Walker is coming back? I can't remember what happened to her character though. https://twitter.com/Wersching/status/469521671276466177

EDIT

Nevermind, sorry guys. #tbt = throwback thursday.

I so had a mad crush on her and hoped Bauer would end up with her. The fact that she always wore super tight shirts and was well, "bumpy" made watching S8 a bit more manageable than it should be. xD

I still think he's returning

Wasn't it confirmed before that indeed he was?

Not unless 24 gets her into the Wienerlicious uniform.

Wait, what now? :D And yeah, Yvonne S. is devilishly hot. Not trampy, but hot. That's why I had to choose Miranda every time in ME2! :)

Rich!

Nope, as far as I know, it's never been officially confirmed. I'd love for it to happen, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Well, there is a time jump of around ten hours around the end of this season. Anything could happen.

If Tony does return, it'll likely be the same kind of thing as how Nina returned in Season 2. An unexpected link found to him which requires him to be flown to the UK - and that can happen with this time jump.

Vally

Maybe I'm reading too much into Jon Cassar's tweets, but I think that (speculation about the finale)

some of the characters will fly to the US and the finale will take place in the UK and US simultaneously. If this ends up being true you read it here first :p

Rich!

Maybe I'm reading too much into Jon Cassar's tweets, but I think that (speculation about the finale)

some of the characters will fly to the US and the finale will take place in the UK and US simultaneously. If this ends up being true you read it here first :p

Yeah, thats what I've heard too.

perfect for Tony's amazing return

strafer

Yes.

To be honest, this makes sense purely because
if you look at the synopsis text/episode titles released so far, we can tell (unless they're incorrect) that there won't be a 'time skip' until episode 8. So maybe at Episode 8 they'll skip, and episode 9 will pick up 12 hours later or whatever, for the final four hours.

Vally

To be honest, this makes sense purely because
if you look at the synopsis text/episode titles released so far, we can tell (unless they're incorrect) that there won't be a 'time skip' until episode 8. So maybe at Episode 8 they'll skip, and episode 9 will pick up 12 hours later or whatever, for the final four hours.

What got me thinking that they could to fly to the US was this couple of tweets by Jon Cassar:

#24lad with my crazy UK crew scouting the docks in the middle of the night. Fun?

#24 LAD. Finale day 2. Nothing like breaking for lunch at 9:30 at night and knowing you're only halfway thru your day. #Glamourbiz

It seems likely to me that they're scouting for locations at night and working late because they're filming some scenes at night. Assuming the finale will take place between 9am and 11am, the only way to include nighttime scenes is if some of the action takes place outside of the UK. Flying from London to the US would take 8-12 hours depending on the city, so that's perfectly doable if there's only one big time skip.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Muthafuckin' Bauer Power Hour

WOOSH effect intact

Top Bottom