• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Dany

Banned
"Tim Howard saved the US 16 times in one day. How many times will Jack Bauer save the US in one day? Keep watching 24 to find out…"

official 24 facebook account. haha

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Finally caught up. Oh man, they need to bring this back. Same format, 12 episodes. I experienced "Game of Throws" and Cheng's I'm Back moment in one night. I need to sit down.

This show just flows so much better condensed like this. Like there are parts that you know would have been stretched out over 2 or 3 episodes (assassin chasing tech, etc) if this was the old show.

Its weird how the premiere episodes were probably the weakest of the entire season. I was ready to kinds give up and ignore this but Episode 3 was when they hit the ground running.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This has to happen:
24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Throws

:D Cmon mods.

Haha I can't take credit for that one. I saw someone throw that out there earlier in the thread after the moment.

After 8 seasons, this show rarely shocks me anymore. Jack sending Margot out the window made me say "Holy shit!" This is the best the show has been since Season 5, easily.

I was thinking back on past seasons and there are so many awful moments I've blocked out. Like Jack's dad AND brother being complicit in terrorist acts. The reveal of the Jack's brother being involved was amazing at the time. But involving his dad is just way too much. The nuke going off at the start of the season and Jack's speech to Heller in the season finale are pretty much the only worthwhile parts of S6.

In my book:

5 = 9
2 = 1
4 = 3

I actually think Heller convinces the Chinese that it was an accident, and he'll get the override to prove it.
Which of course, means Jack must push Cheng into a helicopter blade to make up for all that shit he did to Jack and Audrey. Then Audrey goes with Jack, leaving Senor Insecure...only to be kidnapped by the Russians.

End season.

darknil

One thing that I've been thinking from mid-season, Kate vs. Audrey, who will keep Bauer?

I don't know why I got that feeling.

#TeamKate

Mr Croft

This season of 24 is so intense! Jack has been going crazy this season when he threw her out the window it caught me by surprise. This attack on the Chinese now... Just an amazing season

oatmeal

Banned
I was working when I watched this episode the first time, so I saw the semi truck crash and stuff but I didn't really absorb what was happening or hear the Russian voices...when I read this thread later with the play by play, I was like "Russians?"

Need to not work when I watch this show, especially now when so much is happening at once.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Two hour finale Monday, or no?

i thought there was supposed to be a time gap?

i guess that they still have a chance to do it since there's 2 episodes left... seems like if they do that at this point, somethings going to happen that will lead into another season.

kirblar

Or he flies home to hug Kim... though I kind of think they're going to kill him. Funeral, tearful Kim?
Yeah, that's my thought as well-
It's either his body being flown back to the US and accompanied by Kate, who meets Kim, or its Jack reuniting with Kim.

This better not be the last season, no matter how this ends.

Sober

Renee we had to watch becoming badass. Kate just comes out of the box as a FemBauer.

Guess all those seasons of Chuck helped too, since she was playing a badass CIA agent already.

I swear some of you must be watching a different show than me. Like, how can this even be an opinion?
I can't imagine Renee/Annie Wersching doing the leg choking kill whilst chained up without it looking silly.

Renee was great in other ways, but she was never written to be Jack's equal. She agonized over the morality of some of Jack's decisions. Kate is much more in sync with his methods. They make a perfect buddy team imo.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I can't imagine Renee/Annie Wersching doing the leg choking kill whilst chained up without it looking silly.

Renee was great in other ways, but she was never written to be Jack's equal. She agonized over the morality of some of Jack's decisions. Kate is much more in sync with his methods. They make a perfect buddy team imo.

I don't equate being the lead as being Jack Bauer 2.0, I don't need to see another Bauer who just "does whatever it takes" and never blinks. I liked Renee because she was tough as shit but still retained a strict code of ethics in the field. Kate just seems boring as hell to me, we know next to nothing about her and brings very little personality to the cast. Also, I have to say the fact that no one batted an eye or questioned Jack on how both terrorists wound up dead, thrown outside of a window, especially with one having her hands tied behind her back is pretty funny.

That whole bit just felt super weird and stupid to me. I get that Jack is supposed to be "off the rails" but gimmie a break, Jack being "off the rails" is a weekly occurrence for him and that action just felt way off.

Nameless

Renee grew on me, but she wasn't built for the grey area and what operating there entailed. S7 is her struggling to adapt there. S8 she's cutting off a dude's hand one minute, and getting her ass kicked by depression the next. She always had that gloomy fuckin look on her face, even when she was killing people. I found myself rooting for her out of pity more than anything.

Kate, on the other hand, is instantly lovable. A widowed agent who's service & loyalty to her country has been unfairly challenged. Still, she doesn't hesitate to cross the line and piss on it to get results. For a 24 vet. it's like she has her Doctorate in Bauer. She's executed some of his most memorable strategies with her own little twist. Under Kojima rules she'd be revealed as Jack's female clone. I'd already put her in my 24 top 10.

tumblr_n6ldpaFqB81tnn072o3_400.gif

There's a reason 24-GAF pretty much immediately & unanimously gave Kate Morgan the Fembauer crown with little-to-no mention of the placeholder who kept it warm for 2 seasons.

These last two episodes were INCREDIBLE. Literally went "Holy shit!" several times throughout. Dat window throw, dat Cheng surprise.

I will be heartbroken if this is our last season of 24, but glad that it would be ending on such a high note.

Kadin

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode, I'm so happy the way these past 10 episodes have gone. I was so worried that it wouldn't be as good as I remember but man have I been blown away.

If this was answered previously in the thread I apologize, but has there been ANY small indication from any of the cast or creators that there could possibly be more to come with this series if the ratings are great or whatever? I'm sure there's a ton of speculation but I'm hoping for just a small glimmer of (official) hope that 2 more episodes is really not all we have left in the 24 universe...

This is completely wrong.

Wait - is this actually happening???

Yes. Neil Druckman is writing the script. He is also producing along side Bruce Straley. But the biggest news was Sam Raimi is involved as a producer and possible director. It's being released by Screen Gems (A Sony owned movie studio). Synergy!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03...ibute-sam-raimi-produced-the-last-of-us-movie
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/druckmann-confirms-the-last-of-us-movie-is-game-adaptation
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/07/joel-actor-troy-baker-talks-the-last-of-us-movie

Yes. Neil Druckman is writing the script. He is also producing along side Bruce Straley. But the biggest news was Sam Raimi is involved as a producer and possible director. It's being released by Screen Gems (A Sony owned movie studio). Synergy!

Please no Sam Raimi. I want a better director.

Top Bottom