• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

.GqueB.

Banned
William Devane is so crappy on this show. He always comes off as a clueless buffoon who can't remember his lines. If that's his intention then he's fucking killing it.

Jarrod38

See you guys in a week.
south-park-s10e12-go-god-go_4x3.jpg

Jarrod38

Here is who I think is in the coffin.

Audrey and when Heller collapses to the floor that is his reaction

Heller dies from a heart attack from all the stress from the days events.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I don't think it's
Jack in the coffin because in the preview Jack and Chloe are still alive after the time jump

Tamanon

Banned
I do wonder, if there are any serious talks about any future seasons after this one.

I think they wanted to see how the season was received. From what it looks like to me, it doesn't seem to be getting that great ratings, with Masterchef beating it even. Combined with the cost, I can't see it, unless they move to a cheaper cast(no Bauer).

bndadm

So...wow. Couple of thoughts:

There was some odd zooming in going on early in the episode, especially during the shoot out but then even at CIA HQ. I thought, is this some new director? But no it was Jon Cassar. It looked real sloppy and out of place. Rest of the episode was fine though.

One hour. Wow. All I pray for is a satisfactory solution. Tonight's episode felt like the episode before the usual "2 hour 24 Season Final event" of the old days.

Chief of Staff Mark has been an absolutely fantastic character this season. Never dipping all the way over evil territory, I always felt like "oh you shouldn't do that" versus "You ass, how could you do it?" So glad he came out on top.

The gore. Man 24 has not flinched from showing some of the more bloody parts this time. It was mentioned earlier about the execution earlier in the season where you saw it from the angle of the shooter, which is uncommon. Now tonight with the glass shard, ouch.

Having Cheng back is fantastic, I only wish Jack had living a Russian "villain" so that it would be like an old Batman comic where "two of his greatest villains team up". But Cheng is just...he's just great.

Still bummed we don't actually know what happened to President Taylor and Russian President Suvarov. Suvaraov was a real bastard and I wanted to see justice brought.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
hollyshittt balls, is next week only 1hr? damn it. How will they wrap up the whole thing without rushing it.

CANT WAIT
enthusiasm.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So...wow. Couple of thoughts:

There was some odd zooming in going on early in the episode, especially during the shoot out but then even at CIA HQ. I thought, is this some new director? But no it was Jon Cassar. It looked real sloppy and out of place. Rest of the episode was fine though.

One hour. Wow. All I pray for is a satisfactory solution. Tonight's episode felt like the episode before the usual "2 hour 24 Season Final event" of the old days.

Chief of Staff Mark has been an absolutely fantastic character this season. Never dipping all the way over evil territory, I always felt like "oh you shouldn't do that" versus "You ass, how could you do it?" So glad he came out on top.

The gore. Man 24 has not flinched from showing some of the more bloody parts this time. It was mentioned earlier about the execution earlier in the season where you saw it from the angle of the shooter, which is uncommon. Now tonight with the glass shard, ouch.

Having Cheng back is fantastic, I only wish Jack had living a Russian "villain" so that it would be like an old Batman comic where "two of his greatest villains team up". But Cheng is just...he's just great.

Still bummed we don't actually know what happened to President Taylor and Russian President Suvarov. Suvaraov was a real bastard and I wanted to see justice brought.

Yeah, the blood this season's been odd. Some very average CGI Blood, only to lead up to a fantastic looking neck wound on McBeard. Ups and down.

Bauer's Russian Enemy, the only one left alive, is the President of Russia :lol So that's how it ends up being a "Jack vs. All of Russia" type outcome.

Really, not alot of Personal Enemies of Jack's still alive. Only choices I can think of (on Cheng's level) would be Nina, The Drazens, Logan, Henderson and Jack's Father.

I'm waiting on Cyber-Logan being the cliffhanger reveal.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kiefer is going to be on The Tonight Show in a minute.

Don't think they have it in them to kill Jack. Regarding the chance of future seasons...

Ratings are up - when you add in 30-day ratings from DVR and the like, this season is actually rocking a higher average viewership (15m) in the US than Season 5, the previous peak (14m). However, obviously, DVR is worth way less to advertisers as people just fast forward, so that might not help get the show renewed. In terms of FOX, those numbers are only trumped by American Idol.

Howard Gordon keeps talking about the show without Kiefer:
I think right now everyone is sufficiently exhausted from getting through this year at this level, that no one is willing right now to even ask the question. I think in a couple of weeks, when the dust settles, I really hope somebody takes it seriously, because I think it’s a special format. And I hate to use the word “format,” but I think a real-time thriller is something that is a very robust format. I think, whether or not it will be all about Jack Bauer… that’s the challenge — can you take a character and keep him fresh and engaged, and can this be a franchise that lives past Jack Bauer? That is a question I’m not sure anyone is willing to ask, let alone answer. But there may be something in between, as well. So I don’t know, but I think all options are on the table certainly, and I know that a lot of people behind the scenes are willing to consider it.

I can very seriously see Kiefer staying on as an exec producer if Jack dies and if Jack lives retreating into a lesser role with somebody else (Kate?) being the main screentime hero of the series.

Top Bottom