• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I guess it's useless to keep insisting right now - we've been trying to connect to each other for about an hour, with no results.

It appears as if our match wasn't meant to happen today. Maybe we'll have better luck come Friday.

I can play ranked matches just fine, though. Bloody weird.

EDIT: Well, it appears as if when neither of us was really expecting to achieve something tonight, we were able to connect, and...

Myke Greywolf vs. Haunted One: 0 (5) - 2 (12)

I knew I had no chances against you, HO. :)

Haunted

Myke Greywolf said:
I guess it's useless to keep insisting right now - we've been trying to connect to each other for about an hour, with no results.

It appears as if our match wasn't meant to happen today. Maybe we'll have better luck come Friday.

I can play ranked matches just fine, though. Bloody weird.
ha, I was ready to post the exact same thing (already had it typed out and all), but what do you know, it worked after all. Our persistence and patience paid off in the end. :D

Myke Greywolf (5) 0 - 2 (12) Haunted

Haunted

nice match, dk. I can definitely see why you've won against Drake.

Now to figure out some new tactics to use against you in the Cup.... ^_^

Myke Greywolf said:
I'll post the link for the video of our match tomorrow morning. I'm already converting it to DivX, but it will take a while to upload. :)
ah, that's what I've hoped to hear! :) Very cool. Thanks!

I'm off for tonight.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I'll post the link for the video of our match tomorrow morning. I'm already converting it to DivX, but it will take a while to upload. :)

dk_

Haunted One said:
nice match, dk. I can definitely see why you've won against Drake.

Now to figure out some new tactics to use against you.... ^_^
Damn, I should have kept my skills under a coat of mystery. :-/ Nice match, but I first thought the second match was played by someone else.... ^^

Haunted

Swisslink said:
edit: damn, we are playing with the same character :(
:lol I didn't want to tell you before. You're not only playing with the same character, you two have pretty much the same playstyle as far as I could tell. dk with a bit more running possibilities, while Swiss has the slightly better high-passing.

Knockout phase table
is updated, and just for kicks: there are 3 Germans, 1 Spaniard, 1 Dane and 1 Swiss remaining in the tournament.

Swisslink

I Won :)
Good game, dk_...
I don't like wario, the special-item is usless imo, but good games :)
Only a 2:1 :( :p

edit:
First serie
Swisslink - Dk_
5:1
3:4
dunno... but i won :p

2nd serie
7:2
7:2
:D

I think in the second serie I was a lot better than in the first, because the special item of Bowser Jr. isn't so usless ^^

dk_

Swisslink officially raped me.

Originally, I played with Wario, but as you pointed out his ability is useless against good players. When we get together in the finals we should think about a way to gamble this out. :D

Bo130

Swisslink said:
Bo130, send me a PM when you want to play :p
Tomorrow and 1. August I won't have time,but after this, i've enough time ^^

Thursday or Friday, then. I'm not that available in the weekend. Upon your game against dk_ it seems I have no chance, but I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can connect this time around :)

Haunted One said:

Knockout phase table
is updated, and just for kicks: there are 3 Germans, 1 Spaniard, 1 Dane and 1 Swiss remaining in the tournament.

Heh, nice, you didn't call it 1 Denmark. Everybody does that >.< :lol
Really no surprise to see that many germans in the finals. Half of the entries were germans, IIRC :)

Haunted One said:
Code:
[B]GROUP A[/b]
4. dk_                4-3-0       8:7      25:26       + 9         24

[B]GROUP B[/b]
2. CapnDrake          6-1-0      12:5      35:30       + 5         36

Wow, when seeing this it's rather surprising that CapnDrake is already out of the tournament O.O!

Haunted

Myke Greywolf said:
Damn, Stage6 gave me an error after uploading the video, now I'll have to do it all over again. -_-;

Match video slightly delayed because of that. Maybe I'll put it in Youtube instead.

Edit: Here's the video for Myke Greywolf vs. Haunted One. Enjoy! :)

Can I have an analysis? ;)
ah, very cool! watching now.

Well, The first game was 'over' pretty quick, 1-0 after 0:06, 2-0 after 0:15 and 3-0 after 0:44 (sorry for being so agressive right from the start ^_^;). Following that, you found into the game a bit better, especially in your offence (using more quick shot opportunities with DK). The reason I had so many goal scoring opportunities was that I could actually get the ball pretty easily from you because of your regular low passes. You don't have good passers in your time (just like I do), so it's easy to intercept them with good tacklers like Daisy or Dry Bones. The better option with teams like ours is to charge the ball by pretending to shoot, then high pass the ball around if you must. (At least, it's how I do things. :D)

The second game was pretty much a repeat from the first game, I steamrolled you in the start (again, 3-0 in the first minute), because I was able to intercept so many of your passes. You tried to run a bit more with Dry Bones in this one, which was basically a good idea, but I could narrowly stop you twice right before you were about to score (I was lucky there). You also were a bit more aggressive with your tacklings, to interrupt my flow, which was the right thing to do, as well. I can't say much more about the second game that I didn't cover above, though - except thanks for recording and uploading it. :D I enjoyed it, thanks!

What would you say as analysis of the game from your point of view?

selig

Banned
tanasten said:
I'm in. Master can you?

I contacted Fauli. If you are still there post in here within the next 30 minutes, he´ll get online then.

EDIT:

Time over.
You should say earlier.
He told me he would get Pokemon DS tomorrow, so be prepared that maybe he cant play. Maybe in the evening.

Swisslink

Yeah, write down when you're online ;)
I'll be online all the time :p

but pls write it down here an hour b4 you want to play :p
Otherwise I'll miss it :p

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
selig said:
I contacted Fauli. If you are still there post in here within the next 30 minutes, he´ll get online then.

EDIT:

Time over.
You should say earlier.
He told me he would get Pokemon DS tomorrow, so be prepared that maybe he cant play. Maybe in the evening.

I'm going in for 2 hours... tell him please. or give him my MSN: Tanasten@hotmail.com

Bo130

Holy... WOW! I had expected like 11-0 times two :D Amazing game, Swiss, I hope you win :D Even got Sudden Death in the first game.

Also, I was PLEASANTLY surprised that we connection at first try :D

Swisslink

I had expected like 11-0 times two

Oh, no, I've everytime big problems with players like you :D

And I think on the first match I was some times bad with Bowser jr...
I had 27 shots and only 4 goals, I think if I want to win the tournament, I should score more goals then 4 ^^

Anyway, good games :)

Bo130

The only thing I could think of when I found out I was going through to the final rounds was "Euro 92". I'm from Denmark, and in 1992 we got in the tournament on a cancellation and ended up winning the whole thing. At the same time I thought how much of a megaton it would be if you were out of the tournament already, hehe :p

And yeah, great games. Thank you very much ^_^

Capndrake

Just tried adding some American friends who got the game - All their codes were "incorrect". I guess this means that NA - EU matches are impossible then (Which is extremely odd as EU - AU matches are possible).

Koren

Capndrake said:
Just tried adding some American friends who got the game - All their codes were "incorrect". I guess this means that NA - EU matches are impossible then (Which is extremely odd as EU - AU matches are possible).
That's really unfortunate, but not completly unexpected. Australia, while far from Europe, is still a PAL land, and have the same version of the game as we have. US version may be a little bit different (bugs corrected in online code ?).

Haunted

Bo130 said:
The only thing I could think of when I found out I was going through to the final rounds was "Euro 92". I'm from Denmark, and in 1992 we got in the tournament on a cancellation and ended up winning the whole thing. At the same time I thought how much of a megaton it would be if you were out of the tournament already, hehe :p

And yeah, great games. Thank you very much ^_^
Heh, I remember that. It was a total surprise that you even made it to the knockout rounds and then went on to defeat first the Netherlands then us in the finals. :p I remember Larsen and Laudrup being great strikers.

Glad you had fun while playing this Cup.

Capndrake said:
vadernooooo.jpg :( :( what a pity.

Knockout Phase Tables have been updated. The only game missing is Tanasten - MFauli. Guys, get this game done asap please, we're all waiting for you. :) If all goes well, we can continue on to the semis right on Monday, as scheduled. :D

selig

Banned
tanasten, Fauli is online now, though he has other business to do in about 1 hours, so hurry if you´re available.

dk_ said:
A friend of Selig told me that Mfauli said to Selig that he plays Pokemon all day long.
:lol

This brings back memories of the days when people were WOWed (World of Warcrafted) and never be seen for weeks and months.

Would be a shame if he drops out though.

selig

Banned
So, news from Fauli.
If tanasten cant play tonight at around 23 German time, you can throw him out of the tournament. He doesnt want to stop the whole rest of you from continuing this great worldcup.
Beaten by Amirox, he said.

Haunted

selig said:
So, news from Fauli.
If tanasten cant play tonight at around 23 German time, you can throw him out of the tournament. He doesnt want to stop the whole rest of you from continuing this great worldcup.
Beaten by Amirox, he said.
offer is noted, thanks.

edit: I've sent a PM to tanasten - if he's fine with Fauli's proposal, he'll advance to the semis and I'll announce the next games (as if everyone didn't know already. :p)

Capndrake

Bo130 said:
10 pm? (3 hours from now, so you have time to see my message).
Forgot to check this thread again till now, and I assume you meant 10 PM CET and not GMT. How about we play tomorrow (Well, today) instead?

Swisslink

Oh no... again against tanasten :/
I won the first match, but it was the hardest 'til now XD

Tanasten, write down here when you're online ;)

Haunted

Swisslink said:
Oh no... again against tanasten :/
I won the first match, but it was the hardest 'til now XD

Tanasten, write down here when you're online ;)
1) It's not quite official yet
2) From what I've heard, you've lost against MFauli before, so both would be hard opponents for you.

;)

Swisslink

Haunted One said:
1) It's not quite official yet
2) From what I've heard, you've lost against MFauli before, so both would be hard opponents for you.

;)

Hm, yeah, but I won the last few matchs against fauli :p ;)

So, both would be hard, but it's already the half final :)

Bo130

Capndrake said:
Forgot to check this thread again till now, and I assume you meant 10 PM CET and not GMT. How about we play tomorrow (Well, today) instead?

That's ok. I have a few more things to do today, but if you say any time today, I'll try to make it :)

Haunted

I haven't heard from tanasten yet, but I really want to continue with the Cup. :/

dk, Swisslink, tanasten and Haunted advance to the semi-finals. Congrats!

MFauli, Drake, Bo and Myke are eliminated from the tournament, but you can hold your heads up high as proud participants of the knockout phase. *hearty round of applause* Hopefully, we'll see you all in the next Cup. :)

As far as scheduling goes... dk and I will play our semi-final tomorrow, Swiss, you should try to contact tanasten to play your game asap. The sooner the semis are over, we can play the last games required to crown our new champion. :D

knockout phase tables updated once again.

Haunted

:D

Haunted 2 (14) - dk 1 (7)

4:5
2:0
8:2

Thanks for the series, dk - it was a tough one. First two games were really close, I was leading 4:3 well into the first game when you suddenly scored twice in a row and defended it until the end. Second game was more of a brawling match, with few shots and few goals. I pretty much made no mistakes in the third one, where you had a bit of bad luck with your shots - 8:2 was the most pronounced result of the night.

Thanks, and woo!! I'm in the final again! :p

Top Bottom