• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament #2: because we still have nothing to do

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ram im gonna eat then ill be around to play. but its gonna be a short window tonight

daw840

Well, I thought Bird would be around to play at 830, but that time has passed. I really can't start a game now. Eating dinner and hangin out with the wife for the rest of the night. Gonna have to be tomorrow.

Birdman02

daw840 said:
Well, I thought Bird would be around to play at 830, but that time has passed. I really can't start a game now. Eating dinner and hangin out with the wife for the rest of the night. Gonna have to be tomorrow.

Sorry man. I wasn't feeling very well tonight, and I ended up just hanging out with the family. I can play tomorrow night...I might be able to play around 5:15 or so tomorrow if that works better for you.

daw840

Birdman02 said:
Sorry man. I wasn't feeling very well tonight, and I ended up just hanging out with the family. I can play tomorrow night...I might be able to play around 5:15 or so tomorrow if that works better for you.
That will work as long as we start at exactly 515. I am going to the Chiefs game tonight.

Birdman02

daw840 said:
That will work as long as we start at exactly 515. I am going to the Chiefs game tonight.

As long as no problems come up at work this afternoon, I should be home a just a few minutes after 5. I'll let you know if something changes.

daw840

Birdman02 said:
As long as no problems come up at work this afternoon, I should be home a just a few minutes after 5. I'll let you know if something changes.
Well, I just got a text from my buddy saying we are leaving for the game early. So its going to have to be tomorrow or this weekend. Sorry.

Birdman02

daw840 said:
Well, I just got a text from my buddy saying we are leaving for the game early. So its going to have to be tomorrow or this weekend. Sorry.

Sounds good man. We'll figure something out.

Birdman02

daw, any chance you can play around 5:15 cst today? If not, I might be able to play later tonight, but I don't really know what our plans are this evening.

daw840

Damn, I could have but I fell asleep on the couch, lol. I am around now if you are, but I don't know for how much longer.

Birdman02

I can play if we start by 11:30 this morning. If not, I probably won't be able to play until after the TCU game tonight.

daw840

GG Bird, fucking turnovers sealed the deal for me. 4 interceptions to your 1. Ugh, that last one really stung too. I thought the ball was going to go over your defender, but he had a jet pack.

Vikings 30
Falcons 27

Birdman02

GG daw.

30-27 Vikings.

Turnovers were huge for me in that one, and Adrian Peterson had another dominating game. I'm really gonna miss him when the league starts.

Nightz

Loser's bracket needs to catch up now. I'm looking at you, CB/Ram!

25fq5u1.png

Nightz

Don't have access to the Challonge app right now, but if you guys still want to finish...Ram said to let CB advance, so it'll be CB/Lonestar, daw/Rors, Birdman/AT.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:
Don't have access to the Challonge app right now, but if you guys still want to finish...Ram said to let CB advance, so it'll be CB/Lonestar, daw/Rors, Birdman/AT.

I'm going to skip CB, as it's been like...a week and a half, waiting on those 2 goobers.

BigAT

Vikings - 28
Cowboys - 22

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK Percy Harvin. That's the first time I've allowed a KR TD so far this year and he busted TWO on me. Even squib kicking was awful for me, it just meant the Vikings would start at the 45 yard line. Frustrating.

Romo is pretty BS as well, I think I had 3 completions that I not only threw while getting hit, but they were caught by a different receiver than the one I was throwing to. My first touchdown throw was one of these. In typical Romo fashion though, I threw an interception on the potential game winning drive.

GG Bird.

Birdman02

GG man. I can't believe Spencer caught that pitch at the end (even though whoever you were controlling was gonna blow up AD anyway). I thought the game was over after that one.

It was pretty funny to see Harvin basically backpedal and sidestep on that 2nd kick return. He's ridiculous in the return game (I hope Bush can do the same for me with the Saints).

Toby Gerhart is actually a pretty decent RB in this game too. He didn't really break any huge runs, but he was good for about 6 ypc and 2 TDs.

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
GG man. I can't believe Spencer caught that pitch at the end (even though whoever you were controlling was gonna blow up AD anyway). I thought the game was over after that one.

It was pretty funny to see Harvin basically backpedal and sidestep on that 2nd kick return. He's ridiculous in the return game (I hope Bush can do the same for me with the Saints).

Toby Gerhart is actually a pretty decent RB in this game too. He didn't really break any huge runs, but he was good for about 6 ypc and 2 TDs.
Yeah, that was the second fumble recovery of the game for me where I had completely open field ahead of me and got run down by a defender. It cost me the game on the second one, I can't remember if I ended up with a TD on the first or not.

Gerhart always seemed to fall forward. There was an important third down we he got hit real close to the LOS and stumbled forward several yards to pick up the first down. Pretty sure I let loose a few expletives after that one.

Top Bottom