• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[360] NeoGAF FIFA 09 10v10!

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Our team is Lokomotiv El Paso and I am currently sending out invites. We're playing as a team no one will be upset by. As soon as Astro gets in he will be helping me GM.

So post your GT here and your position and timezone like this and someone willl make a list then I'll steal it. Hopefully you guys can just join Lokomotiv El Paso without an invite. Make sure to post though as I'll kick annoying people if they haven't got a post here.

GT:position:Timezone
QVT: Defender:pST

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice! :D
How much specificity do you want on position? Defender/Midfield/Forward OK?

AstroTheLad:Midfield:EDT

I should have the game tomorrow, just waiting for slow Amazon to ship (have one-day shipping though thankfully).

With the GAF Champion's League and this, I may not need another game ever.

Gowans

I'm in,

gonna get on tonight in an hour for than show down lads.

GT:Gowans007
Pos: Central Defence
UK/GMT

Fifty

I'd love to be involved with this, if this is the real deal..filled with dedicated players who are good at the game. Hopefully this ambitious mode works well enough online. Astrolad can vouch for my dedication and notable skill. As far as positions go, I was going to say defense, but since 2/3 people have already chosen that (good for you guys!),

I'm thinking I'd be interested in Left/Right midfield

EDT

GT= Che Guevara

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Should also point out that the team is more than just 10 and up to 50 (I believe) people can join so the more gaffers, the merrier (and the more likely we'll be to have a full side+robot GK).

QVT

Remember that you can't be a member of another club at the same time. So quit those shitty clubs and come to Lokomotiv where we pay your wage taxes!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So how does this work QVT? I guess you can't just type in usernames and send invites and people can't just sign up/apply. Drop me an invite whenever/however it's done.

Larsen B

Larsen B / Midfield (CDM) / GMT

I will attempt to provide the important 'holding' role, should we utilise more of a diamond formation.

shoplifter

I wouldn't mind doing this, how many games a week are we planning on? I have a ton of other crap going on and if we schedule 1 a week I can def. do that, or if we have enough people that not everyone needs to be at every match that's even better.

shoplift3r:midfield/winger:EST

If there's nothing in midfield, I'll take whatever.

QVT

bitches i had to sleep at some point! I'll be sending out all the invites at like 3 PM PST today when I get back from uni.

a lot of the invites failed when i tried to send them last night i have no idea why. that's why everybody above my first post here doesn't have anything. I think one only got to regret and gowans and woodchuck, maybe they need to be on my friendslist too but astro is and so are some other of you but it still failed

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
QVT said:
bitches i had to sleep at some point! I'll be sending out all the invites at like 3 PM PST today when I get back from uni.

a lot of the invites failed when i tried to send them last night i have no idea why. that's why everybody above my first post here doesn't have anything. I think one only got to regret and gowans and woodchuck, maybe they need to be on my friendslist too but astro is and so are some other of you but it still failed

EA has packed a lot of great features into this game, but I'll be damned if they haven't made them very difficult to get up and running sometimes. Maybe the problem was that some people didn't have the game yet? I didn't get home and boot up the game until about 10:30 EDT last night.

QVT

you guys know you have to go to my club and press the right stick to bring up your players bio and then check for the invite there right?

whatever, as soon as astro gets in maybe his invites will have superpowers

Fifty

QVT said:
you guys know you have to go to my club and press the right stick to bring up your players bio and then check for the invite there right?

I had no idea. Blame falls on EA for not telling us that clearly in-game or at all in the 10 page manual.

Thanks

AndresON777

shooting blanks
HAHA first thing I thought when I opened the game while driving, was, man they finally gave us a big manual!

Then I realized it was big cos it was in english, french and spanish.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
QVT said:

whatever, as soon as astro gets in maybe his invites will have superpowers

That's my guess is that when you go to your Friends list from the invite menu it lets you see everyone, but the invites to people who don't have FIFA yet fail. Once I get in I'll see if I can get a batch of invites out as well. Would be nice to have a near-full team so that it's easy to get together a big group at any time. The only problem is, as you referenced, the invites are damn damn damn unobvious. I hope there is at least a pop-up notification or something on the main menu.

Tf53

AstroLad said:
That's my guess is that when you go to your Friends list from the invite menu it lets you see everyone, but the invites to people who don't have FIFA yet fail. Once I get in I'll see if I can get a batch of invites out as well. Would be nice to have a near-full team so that it's easy to get together a big group at any time. The only problem is, as you referenced, the invites are damn damn damn unobvious. I hope there is at least a pop-up notification or something on the main menu.
There isn't. I spent 15 minutes trying to get into one of my friends' team. Then I spent 10 minutes trying to find the locker room. Great stuff.

Edit: I obviously quit that team, because GAF pays me better. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tf53 said:
There isn't. I spent 15 minutes trying to get into one of my friends' team. Then I spent 10 minutes trying to find the locker room. Great stuff.

Edit: I obviously quit that team, because GAF pays me better. ;)

:lol ok. Damn EA; why make it so difficult?

Magicked

For anyone that was in the 10v10 match we played last night (Bayern vs. Arsenal), did you have problems with the microphone sounds from all other players stopping? For most of the second half, I couldn't hear anyone.

woodchuck

Magicked said:
For anyone that was in the 10v10 match we played last night (Bayern vs. Arsenal), did you have problems with the microphone sounds from all other players stopping? For most of the second half, I couldn't hear anyone.

fuck. that was a problem with NHL 6v6 as well.

QVT

Going to send out invites now. You fucking better well have the game as you're going to have to get somebody else to invite you if your name is long and shitty.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
So we should try to see if we can get ten of us together sometime this weekend.

That sounds like a good idea. It looks like we need practice. I missed the match everyone played last night, and I saw we lost 4-0.

Fifty

Magicked said:
That sounds like a good idea. It looks like we need practice. I missed the match everyone played last night, and I saw we lost 4-0.

Same here. Let me know if something's going down.

QVT

The gaf game actually kinda sucked. I don't care much for 10v10. I think it was a good idea but it's not nearly as game changing as 6v6 was for NHL. The basic me versus you model is still working best in fifa.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's nothing like 1 v 1 at all (basically a different game), but I still think it's kinda fun as a diversion.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
It's nothing like 1 v 1 at all (basically a different game), but I still think it's kinda fun as a diversion.

Pretty much. I never played be a pro on 08 so I had fun, even though it was confusing as hell.

Daigoro

you really need disciplined players to make 10v10 work.

i think it could be a lot of fun with practice. i was enjoying playing on the right wing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah the interesting dynamic imo is that it really encourages quick passing rather than excessive dribbling, since even against "disciplined" teams you will get at least 2-3 converging on the ball. I was basically getting the ball, taking a couple steps, and looking for the open man and it worked out decently.

Top Bottom